Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 Barebones (by permission)

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Default Re: NTW3 Barebones (by permission)

does this also effect the battle ai??

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    does this also effect the battle ai??
    Does what effect battle AI? If you mean the mod, please read the opening post which details the content.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

of course, sorry :-)

for this mod....

Good work.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Triggered by this barebones mod, the NTW3 team has contacted me regarding their interest in a collaborative effort between NTW3 and the LME mod. Although I did this Barebones mod (which works with LME and any other mod) I am not on the LME team so I have passed the information to Iutland for his consideration and his LME team.

Personally, I think the option of a combined mod would be great - if the teams have sufficient time to dedicate to such and effort. Let's see if anything comes of it.

Either way, this Barebones gives a taste of what might be possible by combining elements of NTW3 with any of the major mods.
    Last edited by Pdguru; August 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

nice mod cheers

Armand94's Avatar Libertus

Im back to say that I think that cav are becoming tired to fast.Even the light cav...

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Armand94 View Post
    Im back to say that I think that cav are becoming tired to fast.Even the light cav...
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not changing any of the files - this is just a select package of NTW3. Please pass all comments to NTW3 team. Thanks!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Option to include NTW3 Projectiles table has been added to OP.

please delete. Wrong thread.

But the main mod it's kaput pdguru, because of megaupload's death. Could you upload it again if possible?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Done. Please let me know what you think. For me, this, plus Dathrmods' visual effects, and Oby's Delayed Fire animations makes NTW just about right
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Oh, thanks I'll try it out this weekend and post some feedback during next week.

EDIT: Sorry for not keeping my word.
    Last edited by Ishiro; April 04, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Version 2 of NTW3 is now out.
    Pdguru, perhaps you would consider extracting a 'bare ones' version of it?
    You have our permission if you do.

PDGuru - I have been using the TROM barebones mod alongside the latest Darthmod and one or two other, and I like the effect. I initiallly got the TROM mod for the movement speed changes. However you are obviously keen on NTW3 so I'm considering changing.

Could you give us a quick comparison of TROM barebones versus NTW3 barebones?

Thanks
    JJ

Ok so I've tried this to compare it to TROM barebones. I have to say I prefer TROM by quite a bit. The movement speeds are very good in TROM, there was a bit too much Benny Hill in the NTW3 one for my taste.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Hello,

Sounds like you've identified your prefered solution. It's all a matter of taste in the end, .

LME adopted elements of the NTW3 Barebones and I think it works very well. I like to add NTW barebones to it too. The NTW3 speeds can be a bit exaggerated but the strategic effect works well. We also found that for a reason we cannot fathom, NTW3 barebones makes grenadiers very hard to shoot - which creates some problems - but makes for some dramatic and desperate attempts to kill them off, .

Thanks for trying the mod and for your feedback. I hope you continue to enjoy all the options available.
    Last edited by Pdguru; March 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Hello,

Bazzbrother has identified a fix for the grendier problem. I have posted an alternative file in the OP for folks to try. Let me know what you think.

THANKS BAZZBROTHER!

Ok so I've tried this to compare it to TROM barebones. I have to say I prefer TROM by quite a bit. The movement speeds are very good in TROM, there was a bit too much Benny Hill in the NTW3 one for my taste.
    NTW3 too fast, wow!
    I got a lot of complaints that I had set the movement too slow, in V2 (which came out last month).
    V1, the base of the barebones mod, had speeds that were almost as slow, I've reduced speeds by 5-10% in V2.

TROM must be very slow indeed.
    Just an example: Infantry walks at 1.4 & runs at 2.0, what are those speeds in TROM?

I'm not sure of the specific values but I believe in TROM they are 60% of original.

The barebones TROM is here if you wanted to have a look at the values used http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=391023

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast