Signature made by Joar

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: NEW FAN PATCH

Great work

Emperor Napoleon's Avatar Libertus

looks great

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's
    ranks."

- Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

WORK UPDATE , after being distracted by the hegmonia city states mod{which has the makings of a truly great mod} im back on track with my arthur edu tuning again , i have decided that some units like{irish kerns , some archers , some missle and cavalry units} that do not have training or disipline will be horde set instead of square formation as to create more of a rabble atmosphere { imagine 500 irish kerns with hand axes charging loose and wild into your spear line} nice , and some missile cavalry will be loose set to {adds more character to the mayhem and more intensity to the battle} imo , stay tuned

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Signature made by Joar

new pict rabble front line and its actualy quit hard to fight so many disorganized troops coming at you in one go as i am finding out

Keep it up, mate

Signature made by Joar

oh dear i just lost that battle badly , but with a final parting shot of flaming arrows i nailed the saxon general and left him and his blood stained horse lying in the flowery meadow

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

It's looking better every day.

WORK UPDATE wowzers im now blending in all the heavy small units into full size units in the edu , mayhem on the battlefield , the berserker units will now perform there god chant{which raises morale to surrounding troops}

good stuff

Signature made by Joar

Not sure I like the idea of the full-size elites/special units, otherwise, this seems very promising.
    I suppose fairly uniform unit sizes are easier to handle for the AI, though...

Quote Originally Posted by jackx View Post
    Not sure I like the idea of the full-size elites/special units, otherwise, this seems very promising.
    I suppose fairly uniform unit sizes are easier to handle for the AI, though...
    yep i will only do it if i can blend them in ,which i am working on at the moment

Just rereading The Warlord Chronicles & gagging for a Total War game of it. Keep going mate!
    Emberverse: Total War - The Protectors War

The more I think of it, the better having larger elite units (balanced, of course) might be - ATW for the non-Germanics is a pop-growth race, and not only is the AI notoriously poor at that, it also invalidates the large units of low-tier troops because due to their pop cost, they're actually less expendable and cost-effective than the elites in the long run.

NEWS FROM ARTHUR ALEXANDER , heres a taste of what you can expect from the ai on the battlefield , after a few twists and turns the ai split its missile cav and sent it down doth flanks , as i was dealing with one side it sneaked in and wrecked an archer unit of mines as i tried to get back over the frontal attack came the ai archers placed themselves on the hill and showered me as the battle raged on , there missile cav got round the back and i was the jam in the sandwich , almost finished the edu now after weeks of hard study and redoing , stay tuned ARTHUR ALEXANDER coming soon

Great news mate, but I do thinl you need to work on your command skills Napoleon you are not

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Great news mate, but I do thinl you need to work on your command skills Napoleon you are not
    the art of war ,make your opponent think you are weak , disorginized and confused then strike hard when they become over confident { in this case i did get royaly pumped by the ai shhhhhhhh}

Great news, I'm getting really excited about this. Maybe it's Brytenwalda putitng me in that dark age Britain mood, but I can hardly wait for this to breathe new life into ATW... including the less-than-utterly-useless ALX AI.

ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU OWN , THERE WILL BE NO MORE RUNNING AWAY , THE TIME IS COMING , DARK CLOUDS ARE DRAWING NEAR ,ONLY THE BEST SHALL SURVIVE TO TELL THE TALES AROUND THE PEAT FIRES ,ARTHUR ALEXANDER COMING SOON TO A PC NEAR YOU [not for the faint hearted ,very long battles with lots of gut wrenching hack and slash noises] WHO SHALL CLAIM THE ISLAND AS THERE OWN , THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE , STAY TUNED