Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default ARTHUR ALEXANDER {raven feeders submod}

greetings i am currently working on a new fan patch for arthurian total war that will contain , rs2 battle enviroments , new skys {day and night} night battle torches back in ,script changes and new edu designed for playing large units on the alexander engine , the arrows blood mod ,longer battles , longer music so there are no non music parts in a battle ,new face pack and new formations and better ai, and i hope to bring this onto the raven feeders 0.73a mod folder all in one for easy download
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 04, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: NEW FAN PATCH

HERES WHAT THE NEW NIGHT BATTLES WILL LOOK LIKE WITH MAKSYMODS SKYS AND THE OLD PROJECTILE BLOOD MOD CHECK THOSE STARS OUT!

greetings , work update for 'ARTHUR ALEXANDER' , i have fixed the sounds for proper war crys through the game and hope to have rs2 ground types on the campaign map , the edu is in good shape and balance and i have mixed and lenghthened all the music through the game{no quiet parts in middle of battle} the battles are becoming truly epic now and about as long as an rs2 battle , campwyrau will now perform the dragon psuedo testudo i hope to get titles in and hadrians{wrecked } wall on the border and move stonehenge over a bit just past centre
    Last edited by GRANTO; July 29, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Really nice

Good job

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

Fantastic work and (really) great idea !

+ rep !

cheers , got permission to use some of the ihate mondays sound mod too so i will implement that to and fix the celebrations{which were silent} and mabey put the hack and slash sounds in too still unsure which formations to use darths dark or sinehuts , sinehuts seems to be working better with the new edu but i will probably put both as optional , the rs2 enviroments will also be optional{although highly recomended for the full mod effect} ,its gonna be a big download but it will be just a case off putting the arthur folder in with the main files alex , bi and data folders then sending the alex shortcut to desktop and adding -mod:arthur -show_err -nm -noalexander easy i will also sort out the original game for download as well with all the fixes with it in the one place.
    Last edited by GRANTO; July 30, 2011 at 06:49 AM.

You are really doing great job man +rep

there will also be new splash and loading screens and a new theme tune, thanks to the artist who have let me use there work , you know who you are , many thanks

So it would be better to use alexander?

yes , the alexander engine groups the armys together better for large battles , retrains {sometimes} and i have seen it naval invade a lot {irish crossing over , welsh crossing over to ireland,brittany invading south coast}, and peacefull borders can be maintained {sometimes} it will still be playable on bi , but im working this submod around using the alex engine , i have used both engines a lot for this mod and favour the alex engine , with the bi engine you get lots of single units attacking {which can lead to tedium} im looking to make it as epic as i can, the battles will become larger and harder as the campaign progresses on alex , and the german invaders become stronger
    Last edited by GRANTO; July 31, 2011 at 03:16 PM.

new selection screen

Hello Granto, thanks for your effort, i plan that after your release i will get back to A:TW once more and try your improvements.
    Good luck and have a fun!

work update:stonehenge is now moved on strat map and is now owned by a rebel tribe so the saxons and dyfient will have to battle it out for ownership , missile cavalry will be cheap and heavy cavalry upkeep will be low{this seems to make the ai recruit cav more instead of just foot soldiers , leading to very interesting battles with the ai} im still at the music and have decided to add some new tunes to keep the battles on an epic score , i am working on hadrians wall{hope to add it as a resource} which is going to bottleneck north england and lower scotland with the germanic tribes advance and the pictish advance...umm....still got some ingame flags to sort out for captain units{was still showing vannila flags} and other bits and pieces , so all in all its coming along very well and is a much more pleasing and challenging game{you really have to use tactics well to win} its becoming much more immersive too {i plan to release a version in the not to distant future and still keep working on it{i see rs2 have made proper hillforts for there 2.2 patch , i would love to get these in eventualy and more units} watch this space!!!!

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

This sounds great ! I look forward to release

Signature made by Joar

im sure you will enjoy it constantius , good news today i have managed to get sections of hadrians wall onto the map{these sections come from NORMAN INVASION and i am still awaiting permission to use them but they fit the map well} good times at ARTHUR ALEXANDER

work update , i have added hadrians fallen wall to the strat map and have added sound effects from i hate mondays {the battles sound and are brutal} i am now replacing event pics and still working on the music and balance

because of the new battle balance in the game i am now looking at the cash flow{and lets face it the original is so tight for cash at the start its difficult to survive a few turns} im going to increase the trade prices gold being best to have as to create a gold and silver lust through out the campaign also owning regional parts of hadrians wall will have a money bonus , ive been using this system lately and its much better , its still tricky to get going in the begining but once you do it leads to a more exciting campaign with all factions benifiting by having more money to spend , the german factions have also been slowed down slightly and there advance seems to be different in every new campaign i start now{sometimes infighting, sometimes pushing rite across to wales} im seeing also a lot of naval activity in some campaigns by the ai , stay tuned

WORK UPDATE, COMING SOON , still fine tuning the edu and resources , im making so many tweaks and adjustments its hard to keep track of it all now , in the factions sm text file i have enabled PREFERS NAVAL INVASION for all factions , bi will still be needed as the mod folder reads files from bi still but im looking at ways long term to port the whole mod folder over to alexander as to exclude bi altogether , in the edu after studying rs2 , eb alexander , sai , rio ibur and darth mod i have improved morale , lowered lethality{which seems to make the ai behave very differently} increased skill and increased missiles .

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Getting ready for a campaign, hope work progresses well

Signature made by Joar

heres a few screen shots , the new captain shields for battles{no more vanila flags} , a rheged naval invasion near the start of a campaign and a letau naval invasion of southern england later on in campaign

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast