Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Video Corner

Default Re: Stainless Steel Video Corner

SS6.4
    movie have fun^^

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Gul'dursun siege - Stainless Steel 6.1 short Khwarezmian campaign
    Very nice battle report. I was surprised your sallying units did not rout, given the fact that your general had died already and the Mongol generals usually have a lot of dread. Also the two shots killing the Mongol generals were very lucky, were they not?. Maybe the difficulty level plays a role there, but nonetheless, you displayed good tactics and it worked out. Personally, the Kwarezmians is one of the few factions I have not fully played. Shall have to do it one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Strengelicher View Post
    Very nice battle report. I was surprised your sallying units did not rout, given the fact that your general had died already and the Mongol generals usually have a lot of dread. Also the two shots killing the Mongol generals were very lucky, were they not?. Maybe the difficulty level plays a role there, but nonetheless, you displayed good tactics and it worked out. Personally, the Kwarezmians is one of the few factions I have not fully played. Shall have to do it one day...
    Very epic battle there dokuro.

Sorry for the late reply. Everything was from the battle itself and I have not modded the battle AI. My siege engines were targeting the Mongol generals a lot but still there is always luck involved. On the other hand, my own general died among the first in his bodyguard unit, so that was a bit unlucky. The units that had sallied out were eventually routed, if I remember correctly, but there were one or two other units of spearmen inside that helped delay the attack through the gate until the routed spearmen could rally and come back. There was also a unit of Hashashim that may have helped counterbalance the Mongol dread factor near the gate. The Mongols decided once they had the ladders on the walls to abandon further attempts to enter through the gate. That saved me.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; November 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokuro1138 View Post

SS6.4
    movie have fun^^
    That was an amazing vid, as most other ones you have posted are.

A few months ago I completed an SS AAR which took me more than a year to write. Now I had some time to assemble a short video trailer for it.

I am not a video artist so do not expect stunning cinematography, it is a fairly simple product. Apart from the shameless self promotion as a writer, my main purpose with posting it here was to show a sample of SS's fantastic textures and battlefields - visually this mod is by far the best in the medieval genre.

Simple, yet still amazing, rep for you!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yeah, you actually managed to make still image video epic, awesome video. +1

sim0b's Avatar Libertus

Hello, i might sound a bit thick! But i was wondering WHY in SS 6.4 when you kill a General or vice versa, it doesnt show a short video clip of the General falling off his Horse etc? Is that a setting Or is that a 6.4 thing!?

Thanks ...
    9/11 was an inside job. 3 buildings collapsed inc building 7, and no one even knew!

It was removed along with the other videos as it was annoying and a distraction i believe, well at least i think thats why they did it.

My Rise of Venice campaign! This is the first video i ever commentated i get better later on. Right now im doing 1v1 Head to Head Campaigns in Shogun2/FOTS

My Sicily Campaign! I've decided to record let's play of one of the hardest european factions in M2TW. Of course with my favourite mod - Stainless Steel. Because my first episode was also my first "unprofessional
    " video, I''ve decided post one of my better recorded episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPKfK...4JYOR&index=19

Wow, all of this makes me really nostalgic for when SS first came out. It has always been my favorite mod ever for this game and always will be! It made all of the things I dreamed about while playing the vanilla game come true!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Quote Originally Posted by dokuro1138 View Post

SS6.4
    movie have fun^^
    This is wounderful!

Some battles from a late Byzantine campaign on very hard with Gracul AI. These are only those battles that were not micromanaged, so mostly defending in sieges - a small fraction of the total number of battles. At around video 12 the Mongols should turn up, and the difficulty will slightly increase.

The entire playlist is here.

Man I love watching gate/wall fighting. Good stuff! repperoni'd

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

Yes well done. I place my soldiers the same way when it's come to defend a gate (the 'U' shape). It's the best thing to in total war to hold on the enemy.
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Always nice to see game videos. + rep

Your in battle sound is pretty bad though. Unless its just on my end.

Cool playlist man, I've never tried Gracul AI it looks intense

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Always nice to see game videos. + rep

Your in battle sound is pretty bad though. Unless its just on my end.
    Possibly. I had some problems which I had thought I had partially resolved but perhaps something remains audible to the discerning ear. If I remember correctly, the low frequencies caused terrible distortion and I had to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    Cool playlist man, I've never tried Gracul AI it looks intense
    If you play one of the weaker factions, the Gracul AI will not give you a moment of peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OeyDoGzLOE

I, as Novgorod, fighting the AI Saracens at campaign (when you see the campaign map at the end you will realize that it isn't anything special )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast