Thread: Huge unit size campaign balance mod

Default Huge unit size campaign balance mod

Hi,
    the original mod is meant to be played on large unit size. Because I prefer huge, I edited the export_descr_unit and gave every government building a + 0.5% population growth bonus, so the settlements don't get depleted.
    Just put the attached file into Rome/bi/ci/data. To see wheter or not you installed it correctly, start a campaign and open the building description of a governor building. If it says that the building gives a + 0.5% growth bonus, you did everythingh right.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Huge unit size campaign balance mod

BTW, I played huge as well and didn't face any problems with the populations, well, you're not supposed to draw much troops from your backward towns anyway, and your main recruitment grounds should be those on large cities like Minas Tirith, Dol Armroth, Minas Ithil, Ithilien, Edoras, Helm's Deep, Umbar, etc... well, if you play as Dunland or Rhun, that's pack of their difficulty to found the men for their armies btw.

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Yes but the AI isn't planning like that and therefor will empty its settlement.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    Yes but the AI isn't planning like that and therefor will empty its settlement.
    at least not with harad, adunabar, rohan, and RK's AI, and their troops will still come in stacks after stacks from their big cities. Rhun is still ok since their easternmost three settlements is quite populous from the start... but then, they'll still have problems with far reaching campaigns for AI

the problem is indeed true for Dunlendings though, yeah, in huge, Rohan beats them back rather easily because of their drained populations (not much, but still exist in large, tried normal, and dunlendings now beat Rohirrim)

well, I suggest to just make the changes decreasing by core building tiers, and faction specific:

town:
    - Dunland, Rhun +1% population growth rate (they're rather migratory)
    - Harad +0.5% population growth rate ("requires not hidden_resource harad" - harad is sparsely populated except in umbar cities
    - the rest : none

large town:
    - Dunland, Rhun 0.5%

city:
    - Dunland 0.5%

large and huge shouldn't have pop growth bonuses, they're actually allready self-sustaining

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Good idea this submod! Tested it and it works fine for the main/all-factions campaign, but it doesn't work for the faction specific campaigns in TNS: Wars of Men, which I just installed recently. TNS:WoM uses individual EDBs for each of the seven campaigns. I've been working on a version for TNS:WoM and will upload into a new thread soon.