Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Blog 3 - PSFs (8th Entry - PSF Script)

Default Re: Map Blog 3 - PSFs (3rd Entry - France)

Quote Originally Posted by Anhelo View Post
    will the PSF be replacing castle/fortresses/citadels? I no the maps not finished but all the settlements are town/cities.
    We don't use castle/city dichotomy of vanilla but the old MTW style of a cities where you develop all in all regions depending on your preference. Specific battle and strat map models will find their use in PSFs yes.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Great work, what is the next region ?

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Great and friggin brilliant, you seem to have been able to recreate the ''feudal anarchy'' often referred to by historians of the period regardign France (though sort of a myth).

I am wondering though since different factions control castles in the same regions; will France be at war with England and the HRE from the start or not?
    GEIR HASUND!

By the way, though my avatar might indicate so, I am not a citizen of Germany, though my ancestry have a branch in this great nation.

Wow, it looks really great, can't wait to see the rest of the map!

The only thing that's giving me some concern while seeing those PSFs is the performance...

nikolo1's Avatar Foederatus

I like the idea of PSF's, I think it will make the gameplay more historical and this will be the first mod to do this that accurate. The map is looking AWESOME, I've never seen a M2TW map such detailed; looking forward to the map of Caucasus and the Alps
    Keep up the great work, wish you the best of luck and thank you for your dedicatin!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    im just hoping someone will make a mini-mod/sub-mod that will reduce the number of forts by 50%, i agree that they represent small,scattered settlements and slow the campagin down but i think its just too much
    But you are judging this purely by taking a quick glance at a screenshot. We have spent years on this, planning and designing the factions, tech trees, units, titles, everything in tune with historical situations for each faction and region. If you play it and then have a problem then fair enough. A minimod that would remove the PSFs would drastically unbalance incomes from PSF control in these regions and effect the entire game. You can't just randomly choose the PSFs you don't like and hope everything turns out ok.

Lastly, we will not allow minimods. The only post-release modding by non-team members will be allowed by petition to the team and will join the team to produce a variant mod. We don't want all our work to be on by someone who felt like messing around with our files for five minutes. Seriously, there is always stainless steel... we're not about a 'lite version', I mean even vanilla is diluted enough. The entire point of modding is to do something with a purpose- our purpose is historical realism, I can confidently say 100% that there will never be a game made with the amount of detail and depth we have created here.

I love the ammount of PSF's, makes it harder to conquer regions. Will prevent people from taking over the world in 30 turns.

I like all of the PSF's as it should make the game more difficult as it will take more time to completely conquer the region and so should make the game last longer.

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

France looks beautiful!

@DotS team

curious, approximately how much armies do you think most (if not all) AI controlled PSFs will have in each campaign? I read about some units are going to be locked into PSFs, how much are they? how about other AI controlled armies, will they still wandering around in and out PSFs like what they do (in and out) with settlements each turns (like in vanilla and SS and possibly all other mods, because I think this is a hardcoded limitation of the way AI work)?

what about the upkeep and economy system, in relation with all these forced garrisons then? I mean even scotland control like almost 20 PSFs at start... that's 20 units extra upkeep if you just give PSFs only 1 unit... and england alone have twice the number of PSFs... and there's 1500 PSFs on the whole world.... so how will the economy support this?

will this mod also have extra garrison script for AI settlements?

PSFs will have some basic free upkeep slots to cover the ownership garrison, that is easy. PSF income will vary and like with the income from settlements you have to balance that with your armies. If you were to pull out your PSF units and suffer the upkeep that would hit you hard. The AI has several ways to help it not get into debt, not least a script which actually makes it impossible for the AI to bankrupt.

Yes the AI will still move as it does normally. It's just that one unit will remain to 'own' the PSF, and this will allow the AI factions to fight each other and to defend from you. It may be that we increase the garrison to more than one unit- but this will be taken into account with the economy. Plus we will run tests, so it's all good....

Aragon is gonna be playable faction, right? Because I can't find it on the minimap

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Yes, it will be playable.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Marty(in) View Post
    Aragon is gonna be playable faction, right? Because I can't find it on the minimap
    It is and it's there on the mini-map. Dark blue as it should be and not possessing Barcelona...

Oh yes, I can see it now. Sorry, my bad

By the way, I hope to see Germany in the next preview (if there is one) *hinthint* :p

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    By the way, I hope to see Germany in the next preview (if there is one) *hinthint* :p
    Germany's 1870s mate, not gonna happen in DotS I am afraid. But it is likely the area might be next entry despite me working on Iberia and Italy ATM but there are some issues I need to resolve so HRE might come sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
    Resurrection is just being trite... yes HRE will be coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Germany's 1870s mate, not gonna happen in DotS I am afraid. But it is likely the area might be next entry despite me working on Iberia and Italy ATM but there are some issues I need to resolve so HRE might come sooner.

With "Germany" I meant the geographic location of what is Germany today. I'm really looking forward to it (the HRE).

I really love how you've put all of those German PSFs on French land. It really does look more realistic that way without adding settlements. Fort ownership is represented on the campaign minimap is it not? I remember that in DLV. And you've implemented the neutral transgression scripts?

The texture for land is just gorgeous. France looks like a beautiful, glistening jewel in a dark period. +rep you guys Honestly, I've never played France in Med2, like ever. This makes me think about playing them.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri