Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Sub Mod]House Hightower (released)

Default [Sub Mod]House Hightower (released)

This is a very small modification,it was meant for my use but since it is done i didn't see any reason not to make it public.It basically add one faction(House Hightower) which has some renamed units and a couple characters.They hold Oldtown in the beginning,they're built over the vanilla Normans,but I have used only the latest units to stick with the rest of the factions flavor.

Anyway,enjoy it and,if you don't,try to avoid any great complaints,it is a little thing and it was meant to be.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?r36u1rpek7psri8

to install it just unzip it in your Med/..mod folder(but first rename the folder in something different than westeros,or it will overwrite your actual 0.53 game.)

Default Re: [Sub-Mod]House Hightower (released)

Oh, i think you just created the first submod for westeros total war.
    I think we might need a submod section.. Hmm..

Anyway, good work. I hope you are still around to update your submod once the next version is released.

Libertus

Ok, but why House Hightower? They aren't (afaik) so rebellious as Freys. So why should they be separated from Reach?

They are a very powerful noble family. On par with some of the great houses

They even have several sworn houses of their own. If we would include the vassals of the great houses as playable factions the hightowers would probably be the first one we would include.

+Rep, man!
    very nice!

(btw, do you think GRRM is a big fan of Police Academy? He likes black dudes ripping chairs from cars ?)

Libertus

So, if I will want to play House Tyrell and smash Lannisport and Casterly Rock, I have to defeat House Hightower (and House Florent, maybe?) - allies won't be suffice, if I would need army and money. If AI would be better and vassals would be really dutiful... But Medieval can't do it, I'm afraid.

I don't know... it would be so bad if I had to kill my bannersmen only to led their people to my really enemy... But I know, it's a little argument. Maybe any choice? If I want to play Hightower - I can. If I want to play Tyrell - whole Reach is mine, including Oldtown. But I don't know it's possible. And I know maybe it's to early for such talks .
    Last edited by Túrin Dagnir; July 22, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

I think house hightower could be a faction in their own right, I mean the Tyrells are quite overpowered as it is and very easy to win with, maybe if you gave Oldtown and the Arbor to this faction and maybe that other town beside Oldtown.

MAKE MORE.

Very good work! Which are the victory conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Oh, i think you just created the first submod for westeros total war.
    I think we might need a submod section.. Hmm..

Anyway, good work. I hope you are still around to update your submod once the next version is released.
    I hope it too...but i'd say that depends on you guys .(Plus if you need a hand for minor txt things i'd gladly give it).

Have forgot to add any victory condition,and i've just bought a feast for crows and realised i've used the wrong name for Leyton's son...so expect a little update sometime soon.

Thanks for the appreciation.

Tiro

This seems real nice actually, wont DL though.
    Not cuz of u man, only that i won't download anny new until W:TW1.0 comes...might do some scripting(or whattever tampering with the Descre files are called) on my own...and i shall in the future learn how to skin and such so i can make my own faction too... Id like to add Velaryons on Driftmark as a faction in a own little submod...but that have to wait though... Or maybe not..if in 1.0 there is a lordship dor DM and a settlement called DM...then id be happy just addin a general or such. Seems nice though, ur SM i mean. Thumbs up lad!

EDIT: forgot to mention...pluss rep for ya man!
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

hmm what all other "Minor houses" should their be?

Cillian's Avatar Libertus

^^Boltons definitly, maybe the Daynes of Starfall? that would be cool
    Oh, and Blackwoods
    Last edited by Cillian; July 23, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

I don't really like the idea of Bolton as an independent faction, which I did some time ago but I've changed my mind.

Instead I think that the Boltons could be incorporated so that if certain conditions are met, like say having the Starks be in war with sufficient enemies and weak enough or something like that, Roose and Ramsay Bolton along with some forces and the Dreadfort changes faction to the King on the Iron Throne (whichever side is at that moment the candidate). This to represent how the Boltons changes sides without having the problem of a smallish faction not doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal View Post
    I don't really like the idea of Bolton as an independent faction, which I did some time ago but I've changed my mind.

Instead I think that the Boltons could be incorporated so that if certain conditions are met, like say having the Starks be in war with sufficient enemies and weak enough or something like that, Roose and Ramsay Bolton along with some forces and the Dreadfort changes faction to the King on the Iron Throne (whichever side is at that moment the candidate). This to represent how the Boltons changes sides without having the problem of a smallish faction not doing what it's supposed to be doing.
    Id call that a constructive and neat aproach to the "Bolton" issue.
    Good thinking

Its a +Rep my friend, cuz i think this is the best way of doing this without making it a problem for the gameplay.
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

After I added this submod, it changed the map in the bottom left corner of the campaign map to be zoomed right in, with no option to zoom out at all. Is that supposed to happen/is there a way to change it? Also the name of the faction is Sicily, not Hightower, so was there just an installation problem?

Tiro

Damn italians interfering with all thats not their buisines....

EDIT: Good O 100

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Nice work

FAO Hannibal: can we get a submod subforum set up now?

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Marcellus View Post
    Id call that a constructive and neat aproach to the "Bolton" issue.
    Good thinking

Its a +Rep my friend, cuz i think this is the best way of doing this without making it a problem for the gameplay.

You flatter me. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast