Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

9 37.50%

Thread: Is the multiplayer broken?

Default Is the multiplayer broken?

I've seen alot of instances where the mutiplayer in Shogun is "broken" for various reasons; balance, crashes, spams etc. I'd like to hear from people who do think it's broken and if so why?

Default Re: Is the multiplayer broken?

crashes does not mean its broken.
    spam can be anything. u can spam ninjas, that doesnt mean its broken.
    balance, some units need to be rebalanced.

no matter what ca does, the game will have good army setups and bad army setups. its only the person controlling the men that are broken.

and this should me moved to mp forum.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Swords are Overpowered.

Swords get +3 defence, + 2 attack, + 3 attack, + 1 attack for loansword retainers which is stackable in addition to higher veteren skill bonuses to charge than (even) cavalry, an extra two melee points in the token skills set (appropriate as that's their thing) but also an additional melee defence skill slot in their token skills set which is out of place considering the spear class gets no additional melee attack.

Spears get + 2 defence and + 1 defence for yari ashigaru retainers (stackable). The end.

Sword attack and charge is an order of magnitude beyond spears at base. This stuff (above) just makes a farce of it.

But I haven't voted in your poll because I don't think 'Multiplayer' is broken - it's gold. Swords are overpowered however, not to a game killing sense but overtly enough to be 'on the nose' so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    and this should me moved to mp forum.
    ...where you will find a poll like this already in existance.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Moved to the Multiplayer Forums.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3Nzy View Post
    Swords are Overpowered.

Swords get +3 defence, + 2 attack, + 3 attack, + 1 attack for loansword retainers which is stackable in addition to higher veteren skill bonuses to charge than (even) cavalry, an extra two melee points in the token skills set (appropriate as that's their thing) but also an additional melee defence skill slot in their token skills set which is out of place considering the spear class gets no additional melee attack.

Spears get + 2 defence and + 1 defence for yari ashigaru retainers (stackable). The end.

Sword attack and charge is an order of magnitude beyond spears at base. This stuff (above) just makes a farce of it.

But I haven't voted in your poll because I don't think 'Multiplayer' is broken - it's gold. Swords are overpowered however, not to a game killing sense but overtly enough to be 'on the nose' so to speak.
    paper beat rock is it OP?

The wuestion is too indifferent IMO...

MP Campaigns absolutly broken...
    Avatar Campaign, mostly broken...
    Classic Battle Mode, well I cant put a statement on this but it seems to work best (or is played the least)

depends on what you define as broken. if you mean competitive MP i'd consider avatar and the system that ranks you broken, but it's just my opinion and the issues i have have no discernable effect to an average player.

doesn't mean they aren't there though.
    He who travels in search of knowledge, walks in the path of god. -Muhammad

Game is faaar away from non Playable stop crying all over forums OP that OP this if u do not like it,do not play it,getting tired of this posts and analysis,every time i open forum,somebody cry about it.
    Game is exploitable,every game actually ,Avatar mode is pointless,mach making system will NEVER be fixed,very sorry why u ranking suffer for that,i do not care for ranking,cuz sux.
    If u want to feel right play Classic,PLay on game list(no spamming in 70%),Host game play with friends hf..do not cry coz of 1 + attack big amount players do not have Blade master,SO WHAT....should they cry coz they have one minus attack...for me enemy spamming it's just one more challenge nothing more...
    Last edited by BoanakO; July 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM.

The "community" which is playing this game is broken.

Last edited by Nigel_Loring; July 22, 2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: deleted