Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    sweet, will be here on the 8th to test it then.
    The new map will make this mod epic!
    Don't put too much pressure on

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Mod

lol, sorry. This to me is the best ever total war mod and with your expanded map... I just can't wait. (well, I'm sure I can wait... taking away some pressure )

Patrician

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map (Released 08Feb)

No problems jamiemgr, just remember a new campaign map will start off slower than what you are used to.

EDIT: I have updated the title post with the Preview of the mod to be posted today or tomorrow, depending on when I can zip it up and test the install...if not today, then tomorrow.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 07, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map (Released 08Feb)

do you mean start off slower as in, it takes longer to take cities and get to your first big enemies? if so, that's what I was hoping for.

Just read the new updated mod summary, you've put a lot more stuff in than just the map. It all sounds amazing! Nice one
    Last edited by GreenKing; February 08, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Sub Mod Preview (Updated today) 08Feb)

Yes it will take longer to take cities, and also it will take the AI longer to attack you as they are busy attacking small mostly undefended villages before turning on you. Be patient and for the first 5 - 10 years just concentrate on carrying out missions and balancing your economy, by then the map should be looking very good.

Thankyou, a lot of work has gone in. It will be good to start getting feedback to fix some errors and fine tuning.

EDIT: I've run out of time today, I'll have to launch this tomorrow 09FEB.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 08, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Sub Mod Preview (Updated today) 08Feb)

This mod can now be downloaded via the the link in the title post in this thread. As mentioned it comes with an installer, and I have tested out the installer today and all works well. As mentioned this is an Open Beta testing version published to enhance the development and iron out the mistakes. Please let me know by giving as much information as you can.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 09, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Sub Mod Preview (Released 09Feb)

Hmmmm, problem with the download link.

Can I install the mod over the old Ager Romanus files or do I need a clean install of Rome and darthmod?
    Last edited by GreenKing; February 09, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

first of all congratulation for this mod,but at the link there isn t the file... :-(

congratulations..what is the setup instruction.."darth mod v8.0 and 8.1 then this !??"

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

Patrician

Hmmmm, problem with the download link.

Can I install the mod over the old Ager Romanus files or do I need a clean install of Rome and darthmod?
    So I just found out, I'm doing it again. It seems the process for uploading files has changed since I last used it

Yes, this can just install over your current version of Darthmod/Ager Romanus.

first of all congratulation for this mod,but at the link there isn t the file... :-(
    Thankyou, and this will be fixed shortly

Patrician

congratulations..what is the setup instruction.."darth mod v8.0 and 8.1 then this !??"
    I knew I forgot to add a note about that. Yes this is for Darthmod 8.1, and it comes with an installer which you install at your game path such as C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War.

I have just updated the download link and tested it.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 09, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Patrician

News: Patch 1 (if you downloaded it already)

Please install patch 1 which fixes a vegetation error that didn't occur with the many battles I fought in testing. Copy and Paste the files to your main data folder: E:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data.

You'll need to delete the map.rwm in your campaign folder as well. This small zip folder can be found under the title thread download link.

Otherwise a brand new file has been sent for uploading and will be ready later today.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; February 09, 2012 at 09:10 PM.

Patrician

As mentioned the brand new link has been uploaded and does not require the Patch 1 mentioned in the title thread. This will be removed shortly as it is not important with the new installer.

Default Re: Ager Romanus - Large Map Submod for Darthmod 8.1(Released 09Feb)

Congrats on the release! Looking forward to play it. Going to take a while though, can only seem to get 5-10 Kb/s download speed lol

the link don t work....

Link works fine, just very slow downloads..

I have tried again, I would have to wait 6hours to download it, I have 50Mb broadband.

May i suggest uploading it to this site: http://uploading.com
    Works a lot faster and is a lot easier to use.
    Last edited by GreenKing; February 10, 2012 at 05:26 AM.

Patrician

Link works fine, just very slow downloads..

I have tried again, I would have to wait 6hours to download it, I have 50Mb broadband.

May i suggest uploading it to this site: http://uploading.com
    Works a lot faster and is a lot easier to use.
    Thanks jamiemgr, I'll upload it now. When I uploaded it only took 20 mins, but I'm in the southern hemisphere, so I guess all you northerners were asleep

Sorry about the slow link and lack of download slots. When I used them a few years ago they were a lot faster

EDIT: A new link in 30 minutes!

Great! New link works great. Thanks for uploading it again. I'm so looking forward to this mod!

Just started the first campaign as the Julii, everything works great so far. The Large Map looks beautiful. You have done a wonderful job!

Will report back if I encounter any problems of any kind

Thanks again for this wonderful mod.

Patrician

Hopefully all goes well, I'm up to Winter 255 in my Julii campaign and no problems so far, just a few incorrect textures. I've noticed it's a much slower campaign style now, and not as hard as I had intended to do wit the Roman Factions. In about a week I'll upload a campaign folder with just the 3 Roman Factions playable and make the difficulty harder.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.