Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod 7.0.3 Open Beta - (Status = Ready for download)

Average British Student

Default DarthMod 7.0.3 Open Beta & Test Beta - Download Ready

--------EDIT--------DarthMod_7.5 is imminent...so this is obsolete.

DarthMod_7.0.3,Open beta (UPDATED) with Test File added to first post

DOWNLOAD(RapidShare)
    YourFile - 7.0.4(includes 7.0.3,test beta file and kk unifed rome

This is a real enhancement to your DarthMod_7.0 . It is called beta because there included new animations and the gameplay will change. So there is a real effort to balance this out and you will have the opportunity to test and decide for the final version of DarthMod that will follow.

Very easy to install (You will realize that it is installed if you see Wipeout140’s red splash DarthMod screen)

-Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder where your DarthMod resides.
    (For example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War)
    and not C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data= wrong)

You can use your old DarthMod saves with no problem.

What it generally includes:

-Fixed and enhanced city view (Created by wipeout140)
    City View - When you do look at you citys they look realistic

-Enriched campaign descriptions and some Barbarian texts (Created by wipeout140)
    Tidyed up Custom Battle Screen

-Included new Forts used by SPQR awarded mod and created by lt1956(Thanks LT)
    (Adaptation made by wipeout140)
    Lt. News Forts;

-SignifierOne’s animation Pack included and adapted in DarthMod (First work done by Wipeout140 and Jegui)
    I really thank SignifierOne http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27015
    Sig Animantions;

DarthMod will enter new era by including these new animations since they contain historical accuracy and also change the gameplay in many occasions.

This has been a wipeout140 idea so have to thank him again because I was too skeptical at first. Now I have personally balanced them to work in DarthMod without flaws and provide the best gameplay possible. You must test them to tell comments.

-Have made some minor adjustment in unit stats such as balancing Chosen Axemen, Giving more morale to Spartans etc.

-Have changed some diplomacy settings to make brutii start also at war with common Roman foes.(There is something hard coded there that prevents to do this perfectly)

-Included a small CTD fix when someone wanted to play with velite gladiator opponents.

-Finally you will test new Kawen k. excellent work he prepares for DarthMod.
    Right now he includes new banners, standards, buttons etc. for all factions and you will get a taste of what he can actually create.

The force is strong with wipeout140 and Kawen K. , DarthMod progresses with true support from them. and searches for new apprentices to become masters. If you want something to add in DarthMod and can help in it, do not hesitate to contact me.

Below is test file for improved game

Main Changes

-I have removed overhand animation from all greeks except mercenary_hoplites and Hypaspists that are unphalanxed. It is quite logical also since these are the most ancient units in the game to use this tactic. Also the greek theban formation is now used by AI correctly.
    The greeks should preserve their phalanx ability to have the advantage of coherent formation that was produced for them especially. The overhand animation was not used correctly in phalanx and also was creating weak spear walls.
    -Fixed greek unit protective formation to be identical so that the greek-theban formation to not have gaps.
    -Re-balanced many units that needed smthg such as many greek units
    -Removed spear-mass buldozer effect of unphalanxed heavy spearmen like triarii.

All of you that have downloaded this beta small file provided here in this post, use this to test and comment so that DarthMod is enhanced as you want.
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; April 30, 2006 at 04:09 AM. Reason: OBSOLETE

I knew that the dark side of the force is increasing not only in believers but actual power. Wipeout140 is the evidence.

-----------just checked the greeks----------------

The units that got unphalanxed should get attack increase bcs they are now weaker. Their settings were made for phalanx capable attribute.
    General gameplay deteriorated, long-pike overhand---conclusion=new animations are not accepted.
    Before insertions there must be a lot of new balance settings....wipeout will fix this

Your the man wipeout, i love you man. I would kiss you if i could, but i won't now

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    I knew that the dark side of the force is increasing not only in believers but actual power. Wipeout140 is the evidence.

-----------just checked the greeks----------------

The units that got unphalanxed should get attack increase bcs they are now weaker. Their settings were made for phalanx capable attribute.
    Darth this version was bit rushed as leaving my home and seeing family and travelling abit in next couple days so wont be on TWC as much

Quote Originally Posted by Illyrian
    Your the man wipeout, i love you man. I would kiss you if i could, but i won't now
    Thank you is enough

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Hurray for Darth and wipeout
    You never cease to amaze me Keep it up

Those forts and animations look neat :laughing:
    Now I can even enjoy eyecandy of my city views. Yessss!

EDIT: yeah about that pikemen animation: it looks crazy . Can you do that small fix?
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; March 23, 2006 at 03:45 PM.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

i heard someone say that phalanxes still have the the long sarissas which now are being used overhand. Is that true? are you going to fix them. And please if you can, Wipeout, give me a little tutorial of where to put that 702 patch. THanks again

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Illyrian
    i heard someone say that phalanxes still have the the long sarissas which now are being used overhand. Is that true? are you going to fix them. And please if you can, Wipeout, give me a little tutorial of where to put that 702 patch. THanks again
    Unzip the ziped .exe file and double left click on it and then click browse and from then on your have find your rome total war install

e.g. default is C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome Total War

Also fix possibly come when get back from my trip

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas
    Hurray for Darth and wipeout
    You never cease to amaze me Keep it up

Those forts and animations look neat :laughing:
    Now I can even enjoy eyecandy of my city views. Yessss!

EDIT: yeah about that pikemen animation: it looks crazy . Can you do that small fix?
    Same Answer

P.S the name have been changed as Darth asked as still some bugs in the patch/addon

Yes indeed. I currently do not agree with new animations because they drastically change all the feel of DarthMod so new balance must be done.
    Wipeout140 will be seeing to this and you will help in improving it.
    For the time being whoever wants to test can continue.
    The other who changed their mind and want to revert to old animations I provide back up file upfront.

Default Can't Download :(

I love ure great mod, ure a credit to the tw community darth. I cant download the 7.0.2 beta because it gives me no selection of public severs on file planet and i don't have a fast pass. Is this beta open to us all?

Btw, where can i get a link to where i can download the unit cards and banners, my mouth is watering at them and not being able to download.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Crazy axemen, filefront is not letting anyone donwload anything at the moment, so we'll just have to wait.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

try to use different browser.it will help

edit----

Kawen will produce everything with his own pace. Once ready will make them available for you to test/pick.
    The comments that will receive will make them finally picked for DarthMod_Patch .
    The DarthMod Patch will not be beta but a true new enhancement using your comments.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

and when it will be released?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Its already out, download link at bottom of first post in this thread.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I meant the DarthMod_Patch, not open beta.

"This file is currently unavailable while we perform server maintenance." (for DarthMod_7.0.2.zip)
    Maybe you should add a back up rapidshare download for people having trouble with downloading from filefront.

Can someone fix the download...?

Wipeout140 will see to this. I have just returned from a trip and as I know he was away too.
    So will look to it from now.

Average British Student

I just return from my trip and look in to download link

Those new animations just do not look right.
    The Roman ones are great as are the others but those overhanded ones are just plain dumb looking with the Greeks(first faction I tested this on) because they are still using the 2 handed sarissa as the spear and using the games default phalanx formation that they historically did not use which makes the overhanded animation even more ridiculous looking when you look at the back ranks.

So if you cant get the Greeks to at least use a different spear and use a proper non phalanx formation then you should remove the overhanded animation to what they were pre-7.03.That way they at least look right for the formation that you are using.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast