Thread: [RS 2.1a] Intros Factions Videos

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Default [RS 2.1a] Intros Factions Videos

Package Contents : Video of the prologue + faction intros

install:

1 - Click on the automatic installer
    2 - Enter the path to your directory "Rome Total War"
    ... Or you'll have the name given to your folder where your mod RS2 is installed .
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Important Notes:

- The file is configured for version 2.1a of RSII
    - It is imperative to remove the -nm command in your Launcher

- The videos factions can be viewed with version "Rome Total War" ,but not BI or Alexander .

Last edited by naxzul666; May 20, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] Intros Factions Videos

Downloaded and installed, however I see no -nm command in my Launcher properties. Thus the vids don't seem to work.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

I would like to see a BI/Alexander version of this soon ! At the momment i cant really use it since i only play this with Alex.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Downloaded and installed, however I see no -nm command in my Launcher properties. Thus the vids don't seem to work.
    Check that your video files (prologue 'rome_title' and faction intros) are installed in the correct directory "fmv" of main game "Rome Total War " (default).

Launcher

Movies in directory

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Naxul - Great job and +rep, only problem is that the RS2 background screens have now disappeared in all thye menus and the default RTW screens have returned? is there any way to fix this? cheers mate
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; July 20, 2011 at 03:24 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Congratulations Naxzul,very well done. +rep

Only ill have to wait before i can use this as im playing with BI,but i am looking forward!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Naxul - Great job and +rep, only problem is that the RS2 background screens have now disappeared in all thye menus and the default RTW screens have returned? is there any way to fix this? cheers mate
    Thank You Toon !

Well I don't know, because I never had this problem.
    I only changed the script lines "intro_movie" in files that allow the viewing of videos, I have not touched on the menu, background etc ...
    And when you disable the video (with -nm), everything works normally again?!

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Congratulations Naxzul,very well done. +rep

Only ill have to wait before i can use this as im playing with BI,but i am looking forward!
    Thank You MorganH

You can take your time ... my little clips are already past years and only now do I put them on the forum !!

SavageFeat's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    Hader’s quick guide to preferences.txt

DISABLE_BACKGROUND_FMV:FALSE
    Change this to false if you want a nice staticy background instead of that crappy movie in the background.
    change that in your prefrences.txt file to get the pictures back should work
    Wars of Rome: The rise
    A Modifacation for Rome : Total War 1.5
    (Pretty sure its dead now^)

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by naxzul666 View Post
    Thank You Toon !

Well I don't know, because I never had this problem.
    I only changed the script lines "intro_movie" in files that allow the viewing of videos, I have not touched on the menu, background etc ...
    And when you disable the video (with -nm), everything works normally again?!:
    Yes that's correct, when I Place -nm back in launcher the backgrounds return? I will try savage feat workaround and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by savage feat View Post
    change that in your prefrences.txt file to get the pictures back should work
    Tried it mate and did not work unfortunatley?
    Last edited by apple; July 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Citizen

naxzul, just a heads up, I managed to get these working with BI and Alex, or at least I managed to get the intro working with them at any rate. All i did was copy and replace there respective introduction videos with yours (in the BI/Alex folders) by renaming the file. I copied and pasted the new intros to the rome total war folder too, just for good measure. Thanks for making this ! Too bad I still miss out on intro videos though...

Mine looks like this: -show_err -nm -movie_cam

should i only delete -nm and leave -movie_cam alone??

Tkx

Citizen

movie_cam doesnt have anything to do with this, so yeah, just leave it. Its mainly for people like Naxzul who like to record battles and stuff like that.

Also, Naxzul, I had the greatest idea,

Why not make it so the faction intro videos for all factions except rome play as the "opening movie" when you choose to load that faction.

That probably didnt make sense, ill explain:

You (the player) chooses a faction, for the sake of arguement, its Carthage. The player then considers the engine option. If he chooses the basic Rome:total war engine, he will be greeted by your current intro video about the roman conquests leading up to the games start. This is because he has the luxury of enjoying a faction specific intro when he begins his campaign.

But lets say the player has Barbarian invasion. in BI, you cant set these videos to be played unless you use some scripting kung-fu to make it into an event movie you see on your first time playing. This is hardly the best solution. So instead, you set it up so that inside the Carthage mod folder, you have a modified intro video to when the player first starts up the game. That intro video is the one the Rome:total war engine player sees when he first fires up his campaign.

Because the movie is int he mod folder, nothing is harmed by this method, and in theory, it should be relatively easy to do. All one needs to do is ensure that they have the movie file named correctly and in the right place. The game should (again in theory) load the file if it can.

Rinse and repeat with the same video, only with the alexander intro filename.

The player is immersed, your work gets shown off, and we have a better RS2 experience. Best of all, it fixes your problems with other engines.

The only problematic situation is with the 1-turn campaign, for it, a generic intro video would work.
    Last edited by apple; July 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Content Emeritus

@ToonTotalWar
    I check if there were no changes during the upload files on the FTP server and any and normal.

@Massiv_attack
    If your method works, and if you want to take thee, would well ?!
    You send me the files and records pertaining to the indication and information.
    I will test and I could put it in the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by naxzul666 View Post
    @ToonTotalWar
    I check if there were no changes during the upload files on the FTP server and any and normal.

@Massiv_attack
    If your method works, and if you want to take thee, would well ?!
    You send me the files and records pertaining to the indication and information.
    I will test and I could put it in the installer.

Have you done it yet? Can the intro's be used on alexander now?