Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TLK submod -True to the Sagas- [RELEASED]

Default Re: TLK submod -True to the Sagas- [In progress]

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eye View Post
    ok, there are some limits due M2TW engine (if we do not have no mans land - what is btw possible - you must cover with region large area). looking at your map_regions, it should be fine. just Maerafylki I do not like - Raumsdalr is my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhednin View Post
    I've placed Mærafylki as one region even though it was actually 3 different petty kingdoms (Raumsdælafylki, Sunnmærafylki and Norðmærafylki) for gameplay purposes.
    I'm not sure we'll be able to bring this discussion further. What I call Mærafylki actually consist of 3 different fylkis. If you want "Raumsdalr" as a fylki you should split out Sunnmærafylki and Norðmærafylki. All three are quite historical and should maybe be there, but then we should have even more regions too of equal importance. In addition to gameplay reasons I have it as one county since Ragnvaldr was named Mærajarl for all 3 counties after Haraldr seized the area.
    What would be incorrect is to rename the entire area to "Raumsdalr".

I´ve read probably another sources. just I do not like Borgund name, realy. sounds too modern.
    Well it's the name on my maps...
    This is also something I'm not going to agree with unless you can send me a link or referance giving another suggestion for name. I trust my own solid sources unless proven otherwise.
    ok. btw look at attachments - Norway with "no mans land". and also Iceland. just I do not know if tLK team will like something like this
    I kinda like the idea of a no-mans land as there was indeed "unsettled" or less control in this area, but I don't think it's worth wasting time on making. The region borders are quite clear so I prefer using that and rather have the settlements along the coast as this will make the inland area dark and unknown... unless you make watchtowers of course. It will cause a problem with mercenaries in this area for sure, possibly more problems I wouldn't know about.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Default Re: TLK submod -True to the Sagas- [In progress]

This is also something I'm not going to agree with unless you can send me a link or referance giving another suggestion for name. I trust my own solid sources unless proven otherwise.

I kinda like the idea of a no-mans land as there was indeed "unsettled" or less control in this area, but I don't think it's worth wasting time on making. The region borders are quite clear so I prefer using that and rather have the settlements along the coast as this will make the inland area dark and unknown... unless you make watchtowers of course. It will cause a problem with mercenaries in this area for sure, possibly more problems I wouldn't know about.
    it needs just 5 minutes.
    problem with mercenaries will not be. as you mentioned - this area was not settled, so there will be no mercenaries.
    only problem which it could brings is that there will be not dirrect borders between some regions - what has influence on faction relations (if you hold strong army near border of another factions yours relations are worst).

Default Re: TLK submod -True to the Sagas- [RELEASED]

What are the new settlements added?
    Last edited by Cincinatus; October 21, 2011 at 10:56 PM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Chilvalric's Avatar Laetus

But you can freely download?
    Where is this link?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilvalric View Post
    But you can freely download?
    Where is this link?
    This mod is currently incorporated into the newest version of the Last Kingdom (version 3.06).

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Chilvalric's Avatar Laetus

Ops, thanks and sorry for the mistake!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234