Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 suggestions

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default 4.0 suggestions

There will be a 4.0. This is mainly due to the 2nd battle CTd problem of 2.0 that was fixed by removing sprites from 3.0. So 4.0 will reimplement sprites once i fix the problem, and i am also looking to make some improvements in gameplay. Also, i want to include unique win conditions for each faction for both the Imperial Camapign and Mundus Magnam so post your suggestions for win conditions here.

EDIT: Here is what im going to add into 4.0 so far:
    -sprites
    -new unique victory conditions for each faction.
    -2 new factions, epirus and baktria.
    Last edited by Lusted; March 24, 2006 at 01:05 PM.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Parthia: Something like conquering the iranian plateau and driving the seleucids out of there...

Rome: Conquering some key provinces and areas like sizily, Carthage, Alexandria,... I guess you know what I mean.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Im going to have it so the victory will conditions will be take 50 provinces and hold regions xxxx for imperial camapign, and take 70 provinces and hold regions xxxx for the mundus magna. My first idea for the roman victory conditions is:

Take Regions: 70
    Hold Regions: Rome, Carthage, Athens, Alesia.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

i got an idea! why dont you use the senate and two other roman factions for new factions since it can be done in 1.5
    plus you got mundus magnus, so you could have like the maruyans, sabaens, and bactrians?
    i could help you with that if need be?

i having problem in gameplay sometimes when i have a lot army (normal scale) they cause logging,,,sometimes it freeze go freeze...before i dont experience this...any suggestion?... great job for TE

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I suggest for 4.0 to be build base on BI 1.6 instead of RTW 1.5 .

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Marvius, this is because there are no sprites, in 2.0 sprites caused every 2nd battle to CTD, but 4.0 will include sprites as i am close to finishing the problem.

AngryTitusPullo, i base it on 1.5 as it allows people without Bi to play my mod.
    Creator of:

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Marvius, this is because there are no sprites, in 2.0 sprites caused every 2nd battle to CTD, but 4.0 will include sprites as i am close to finishing the problem.

AngryTitusPullo, i base it on 1.5 as it allows people without Bi to play my mod.
    Understand, though my suggestion is base on more functionality in 1.6 No longer bog down by the hard coded victory condition take Rome etc. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway currently downloading the 3.0 and will start playing maybe this weekend.. eer.. tomorrow...

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Well im just about to post a link for 3.1 which fixes a few bugs, and the victory conditions in 1.5 are no longer hardcoded, so expect to see some unique ones in 4.0
    Creator of:

when it will be finish?.. is it a patch or a full installation?...

Ill release a sprite add on pack in about a week, but 4.0 may not be out for a while, depends what i decide to change.
    Creator of:

Nice to hear you're including new victory conditions in the latest version of TE. You probably know this, but I'm sure you can make use of the BI victory conditions and still use the default RTW ones. Doesn't 'imperator' or 'take_rome' look to the rome hidden resource in vanilla versions of RTW when it calculates victory conditions? I've heard a lot of people complain they get a CTD when this has happened because they've edited out the rome hidden resource.

Btw, here's a research topic from the ORG:

Victory Conditions

I've also tested out these modified BI victory conditions in my Prologue / Sons of Mars provincial campaign, here some more info, including successful display of victory conditions:

Beta Test Report: Prologue / Sons Of Mars
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; March 24, 2006 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Updated
    Creator and developer of Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla RTW v1.5
    For news and updates, check out the RTG Subforums
    RTG v1.0 (Self-Extracting ZIP)
    RTG v1.0 (EXE Installer)
    A veteran FPS & Strategy gamer, currently playing Day of Defeat (DoD) & Football Manager 2007.
    Looking forward to the release of Command & Conquer 3: The Tiberium Wars.

Yes, i've been aware of that thread at .org for a while, im going to use the info there to create my victory conditions. Im not going to get rid of the rome hidden rescource, though i will probably leave the imperator win condition in the imp campaign only for rome, and have different ones in the munus magna.
    Creator of:

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

i propose adding more units to some factions(f.e add hypaspists to macedonian army) and adding more custom battle maps!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

I may add in new units, but am trying to make future versions of my mod save game compatible.
    Creator of:

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

perhaps someone like myself could add in units for people?

Sure thing if you want.

And i am also thinking of adding in 2 new factions Epirus and Baktria, but i've got to weigh up the pros of the new factions v the cons of no save game compatibility and other things.
    Last edited by Lusted; March 24, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
    Creator of:

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Please add at least Bactria! Oh, and another suggestion: Rename Egypt into Ptolemaic Empire and pleaaaaaaseee give them new units (greek units)...
    Maybe you could use the unit pack Lord Geordie is making for SPQR?

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Maybe with egypt, i like the way at the moment they are another diverse faction with a unique unit list.
    Creator of:

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

well i agree with Kaweh i prefer a Ptolemaic Empire than mummy Egypt and adding Bactria and Epeiros would be great too!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast