View Poll Results: Which 2 Factions Should be implemented to HRTW?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nabataean Kingdom

24 17.39%
  • Kingdom Of Epirus

38 27.54%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

15 10.87%
  • Celt-Iberians

16 11.59%
  • Aetolian/Achaean Leagues (will count as both slots)

13 9.42%
  • Syracuse

15 10.87%
  • Megae Hellas

6 4.35%
  • Massalia

11 7.97%
Page 9 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

Default Re: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

ok.. are you able to make unit cards in the future?

no i dont know hwo to make unitcards rfl plus this campaign will take less then a week if ihav re aperson who double checks my work and a person who makes some settlemnts

I know how to make unit cards.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Here are some other textures and some fixed textres that ahowl asked me to make.

List:
    1. New illyrian capitan,now with black hair
    2 and 3. Illyrian Battle textres
    4. Nabatean lesser general,with light yellow outlines
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Hey I have found some unused textures called "persian archers"
    Maybe we coud use them as arcers for Nabateans,since they have that desert felling...??

Also,there are some other missile units that have the prefix "persian",like the Persian Elite Archers,wich are the standard eastern archers,persian javilnmen,who also look nice,and persian slingers wich I think shoud definetly be a Nabatean unit.
    I mean it.They look so awsome it woud be a shame to miss such a unit.

@Michael333: Would you be up for making the unit cards then? its alot.. i can try and get G.S. Patton Jr. to help you, I'm not releasing till we have all units reskinned with unit cards
    @Skull: I will check it out.. Light yellow? We need the outlines to be white.. and are the new textures similar to the "Celtic Swordsmen" that were in the hidden units list? where did you find all of these?

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    @Skull: I will check it out.. Light yellow? We need the outlines to be white.. and are the new textures similar to the "Celtic Swordsmen" that were in the hidden units list? where did you find all of these?
    Brutii second color ain't white,but light yellow.
    But the shirt outlines are white.

What,do you mean the celtic general?
    Well yeah sort of...
    They where in battle of Marathon in both time commanders and decisive battles.

They are in models unit->textres.

"ok first, Britons will remain."...ahowl11-change their name to Belgae that is historicaly more accurate.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Belgae lived in Belgium/nothern France/southern Netherlands

Yeah-they were gauls that emigrated from Belgium to Britania!

"The Belgae were a group of tribes living in northern Gaul, on the west bank of the Rhine, in the 3rd century BC, and later also in Britain. They gave their name to the Roman province of Gallia Belgica, and later, to the modern country of Belgium."-wiki

Add to the Illyrians some hoplite units!

look at this picture:Illyrian warriors in combat

l

Voted for Bosporan Kingdom-because of the interesting mix of units,interesting start position,interesting story!

I think you will manage to make the mod and it will be perfect!

Atropatene-good choice
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 13, 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Any help needed with adding new settlments bc i been doing tnhat a lot for my mod so i could help

@Asgaroth: we are keeping the britons "britons" im trying to keep this mod as vanilla as possible..
    yes illyrians will definitely have hoplite units
    thanks for the feedback

@Caesar15: we wont be adding settlements in Alpha, but we will in beta

Here,are the nabatean start models,hurrah

ILLYRIANS:

They were known as crafty shipbuilders in ancient times and controlled much of the Adriatic and Ionian Sea using their numerous warships. Illyrians had affective weapons such as the sica, which was a curved-tip sword originating in Illyria but adopted all over the Balkans and later by the Romans.

I saw that you intended to make a pirate unit for them-you can name them dalmatian,dardosi or liburnian pirates because thease three tribes were mostly known in the adriatic sea for their raids of roman ships.

According to Greek writer Herodianus from 3rd century , Illyrians were very strong, tall and always ready to fight but lazy. Strabon reported that Illyrians used tattoos to paint their bodies.

According to Greek historians (they described Dardan tribe) they were very filthy. They would take a bath twice in their life. When they got married and when they died.

Plague and similar diseases were common to Illyirians.

They knew a lot of herbs which they used in healing processes.

Varon wrote that Illyrian women had childbirths with ease.

They used drinks a lot.

FACTION GOALS:
    Short-Hold(number) of settelments and destroy or outlive Macedon and Rome.

Why?

Since historically the illyrians were in war with Greek Macedon,Rome(three wars against the Romans!) and from time to time they would get in conflict with Gauls,because the Gauls wanted their lands mostly the city of Aquileia(see the first map-top left)

FACTION LEADER NAMES:
    This leaders written here all historically existed-add more by imagination or if you find anything,because this won't be enough or will?

These first five were the most important:

Bardylis(First illyrian king-he was killed by Phillip II,father of Alexander the great)
    Glaukias(after the death of alexander the great he freed the illyrian lands of greek rule and drive of the greeks from the city of Skodra,which under his rule become the capital city of Illyria)
    Agron(he was the most capable leader-he united the Illyrian tribes and in his rule Illyrian kingdom was the strongest)
    Teuta(she was agron's wife.She ruled insted of Agron's young son Pineus.At her time the romans started the war with Illyrians,she lost most of the provinces and she was betrayed by her military commander-Demetrius Hvaranius)
    Genthius(last Illyrian king,romans inslaved him and after that Illyria was divided into four parts,which late again become one roman province with the main city Skodra)

Other leaders
    Baton
    Pineus
    Epulon
    Grabos
    Pleuratus
    Pleurias
    Monunius
    Etuta(daughter of Monunius)
    Mytilus
    Pleuratus
    Pinnes of Pannonia
    Baton II
    Triteuta(mother of Pinnes)
    Skerdilaidas
    Gentius
    Ballaios
    Bardyllis
    Audata
    Cleitus the Illyrian
    Bardylis II
    Bircenna(female)
    Longarus
    Bato of Dardania
    Agis
    lycceius
    Patraus
    Audoleon
    Ariston
    Leon
    Dropion
    Bastareus
    Audata(once wife of Phillip II!!)
    Cynane(half sister of Alexander the great!!)

ILLYRIAN CITIES:
    You choose which cities will you make I will just post pictures and text!

Important cities of the Illyrians:

Scodra-Capital city of the Illyrians

Rhizon
    -stronghold of many kings, high degree of Hellenization

Tarsatica
    -After the romanization of the land the romans turned it into a fort

Salona
    (central Illyria) was a stronghold and a harbour of the Illyrian Dalmati which quite early came into the sphere of influence of the Greeks on the Adriatic. It was well known for piratical activities. In the Illyrian Wars of 229-228 BCE and 220-219 BCE, Rome overran the Illyrian settlements in the Neretva river valley and suppressed the piracy that had made the Adriatic unsafe for Italian commerce. The Romans were often faced by rebellions of various Illyrian tribes even after 168 BCE when the province of Illyricum was formed. However the majority of sailors in the Roman military navy originated from that area.

Aemona (northern Illyria-Amona on the lowest map); region includes Histrians as Italic-like northern Illyrians (aka Venetic Illyrian tribe). The Romans described the Histrians as a fierce tribe of pirates, protected by the difficult navigation of their rocky coasts. The Romans to conduct their first campaign against them as early as 221 BCE, after they had conquered the north of Italy and the territory of the Veneti who became faithful Roman allies. To strengthen their defences the Romans created the military settlement of Aquileia in 181 BCE, and the Histrians were finally beaten in 181-177 BCE. This region includes also other Illyrian tribes like Liburnians who were renowned seafarers, notorious for their raids in the Adriatic Sea, which they conducted in their swift galleys. Besides there was a mixed Celtic-Illyrian culture in the northern part of the region.

Delminium
    -Importan for tradeing

These were Liburnian Illyrian cities-In the northern part of their kingdom

These(red) are cities in the southern part of the Illyrian kingdom on te border with the greeks and thracians

A better all round map of Illyria(green border)

ILLYRIAN TRIBES

Here is the position of all Illyrian tribes throughout the Illyrian kingdom

ILLYRIAN RELIGION-GODS(so you can make shrines!)

These aren't all the gods just the most part of them-2-3 are missing!

Illyrian gods were the objects of worship of the Illyrians, an Indo-European people in ancient history who maintained a polytheistic religion. Central to their beliefs was the concept that everything was "born" by Mother Earth, who was represented by the Goddess "Genusus". The name of the goddess is believed to have a relation of the Greek word of "Genesis" which is translated as "the beginning" of an object, or act.(short description!)

List of Gods

Boa
    Illyrian deity in serpentine form in Epidaur. His cult has survived until the fourth century AD.This snake was called by the local people with this name precisely (Hieronimi in "Vita Hilarionis" lib.9, scores "Boas vocant sermonte GENTILI quo" - "that people in their language called Boa").-That's why they had snakes illustrated on some of their shields!

Bindus
    The god of water and sea,the equivalent of Poseidon or Neptune.

Thana
    she is a goddess of beasts,hunting and moon-similar to the greek Artemis

Anzotica
    She was a goddess that in terms of belief, seems to have been restricted to the Illyrian tribe of the Liburnae. She's the Illyrian equivalent of Aphrodite/Venus!

Prema
    She was the goddess of fertility/birth. Her equivalent in the Greek mythology is Demeter. She is also honored with a week-day; e premte (friday). This is also interesting since the Germanic people have also named Friday after their fertility goddess, freya; examples are Freitag in German, Fredag in Scandinavian languages and Friday in the English language.

Enji
    - He was the god of fire & war. He's equivalent in Greek & roman mythology might be Ares/Mars.

Dualos
    - The god/goddess of whine.Dionisius is the greek god of wine

Ika,Boria,Iria- goddesess of rivers

Armatus-god of war

Sylvan-god of forests

Tadenus-God of the Sun

Terminus-god of borders

Medaurus-god of healing

Grabovia- war triumph, war- Illyirians used human sacrifices to this god

ILLYRIAN ARMY:

Liburnian pirates were famed cause they were high skilled archers and seamen.

Dalmatian warriors were most warlike, and easily drawn to fight. They used spear called Sibyna which they thrown before engaging in close combat in which they used very often two weapons in combat, one of them was broad swords (celtic influence). Dalmatians were great smiths and their soldiers had high quality armor. Combination leather and metal. Something like splint mail.

Illyirians used shields quite often.

Japodes warriors were great ambushers. Bloodthirsty barbarians, used axes and swords.

Tautalan soldiers were feared. We can say that they were something like berserkers.

Liburnica navis (liburnian bireme) was respected and Romans used that ship in combat. Fast, agile ships.

Dardans and Breucs were great horsemans .

If there are two names choose the one you like better.

Illyrian pirates

Naked fanatics

Illyrian Noble spearman(these are not hoplites!)

Illyrian footmen or hoplites

Illyrian fighting style didn't very differe from the greek!

Illyrian heavy infantry

Illyrian light infantry

Illyrian heavy peltasts

Illyrian light peltasts or Japodian light peltasts

ilyrian skirmishes

Illyrian light infantry

Illyrian heavy swordsman

Illyrian slinger

Illyrian archer

Illyrian light cavalry

Illyrian heavy cavalry

Illyrian spear warband or illyrian light infantry

so it looks little different from the britons

ILLYRIAN WEAPONS-ARMOR

Illyrian shield symbols

Illyrian bronze helmet

Illyrian pot helmet

Illyrian armor and helmets

small pelta shield

Other shields

Sica sword

Illyrian spears

Last edited by Asgaroth; September 09, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

very interesting... we need to make these units have scipii colors

ahowl11-This post isn't finished yet-com back tomorrow after you have a good sleep and the Illyrians will be done.I will edit this large post above and that would be all for the Illyrians-I hope the illustrations help your skinners!-everything about them!...yes give them scipii colours-a little darker then the britons!
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 14, 2011 at 08:01 PM.

in alpha the illyrians will just have reskinned vanilla units.. but for beta we will add in the uniqueness to Illyria

ok ahowl11-I hope I can help in this way-Till tomorow Illyrians will be done,I won't sleep till they are done!

Illyrians finished,next bus stop-Bosporan Kingdom after I wake up!