View Poll Results: Which 2 Factions Should be implemented to HRTW?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nabataean Kingdom

24 17.39%
  • Kingdom Of Epirus

38 27.54%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

15 10.87%
  • Celt-Iberians

16 11.59%
  • Aetolian/Achaean Leagues (will count as both slots)

13 9.42%
  • Syracuse

15 10.87%
  • Megae Hellas

6 4.35%
  • Massalia

11 7.97%
Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

The Arrows are down, the link is broken.

@Primo what do you mean by textures?
    @caesar15 i have not recieved any messages from you recently
    @medievaldude so they work now?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post

Me and you will solve the that problem out...no fear!...they will work!

and I have a new sword cursor for the mod(on the menu where you choose imperial campaign and so on)-will we put it in the mod?
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 26, 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Here are the arrows and the new cursor!!!

And a question-Are these EB or RS walls?
    Last edited by Asgaroth; September 08, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

REPUBLIC OF CARTHAGE

was founded as a Phoenician colony near modern Tunis. After the fall of its mother-city Tyre in 575, Carthage became the leader of the Phoenician colonies in the west and founded an informal but powerful empire, which is known for its almost perennial struggle against the Greeks of Sicily and the Romans.

The trade of Carthaginian merchantmen was by land across the Sahara and especially by sea throughout the Mediterranean and far into the Atlantic to the tin-rich islands of Britain and to West Africa. There is evidence that at least one Punic expedition under Hanno sailed along the West African coast to regions south of the Tropic of Cancer, describing how the sun was in the north at noon.

FACTION GOALS

Capture(number) of settlements and destroy or outlive faction/factions:Rome,Iberians,Numidians

Why?

Rome-Punic wars-"
    The first external war waged by the Romans against the Carthaginians in reference to Sicily was waged in Sicily"

Iberia & Numidia-"
    In Carthage, politicians who preferred a less friendly policy towards Rome became more powerful again, and it was decided to conquer Iberia, where a new army could be created.

The general in charge of this project was Hamilcar Barca. At home, he received support from the leader of the democratic politician Hasdrubal, surnamed "The Fair", who was married to Hamilcar's daughter.

In 237, the two men went to Gades (Cadíz), and embarked upon the campaign. Later, Hasdrubal returned to Africa. Here, he conducted another campaign, directed at Numidia."

CARTHAGE LEADER NAMES

Important leaders:

Note-
    In 480 BC, following Hamilcar I's death, the king lost most of his power to an aristocratic Council of Elders. In 308 BC, Bomilcar attempted a coup to restore the monarch to full power, but failed, which led to Carthage becoming in name as well as in fact a republic!

Hasdrubal I
    (lunched an expedition against Sardinia-25 year struggle)

Hannibal Barca(
    He is generally considered to be one of the greatest military commanders of all time.

Other leaders:

Dido(queen)
    Hanno I
    Malchus
    Mago I
    Hamilcar I
    Himilco I
    Hannibal I
    Himilco II
    Mago II
    Mago III
    Hanno the Great
    Hanno II the Great
    Hanno III the Great
    Gisco
    Hamilcar II
    Bomilcar

CARTHAGE CITIES

Border map of Carthage

Sicily map with some settlements

More cities and some battles

Important cities

Carthago Nova-"
    Hasdrubal founded a new capital in Iberia, called New Carthage, on a peninsula with two excellent harbors, and not too far from a silver mine. From this base, he proceeded to the north, conquering many towns, including Hemeroscopium, Alonis, and Alicante, which were Greek colonies that belonged to Massilia, an ally of Rome."

Carthage
    (Capital city.
    Carthage was built on a promontory with inlets to the sea to the north and south. The city's location made it master of the Mediterranean's maritime trade. All ships crossing the sea had to pass between Sicily and the coast of Tunisia, where Carthage was built, affording it great power and influence.
    Two large, artificial harbours were built within the city, one for harbouring the city's massive navy of 220 warships and the other for mercantile trade. A walled tower overlooked both harbours.
    The city had massive walls, 23 miles (37 kilometres) in length, longer than the walls of comparable cities. Most of the walls were located on the shore and thus could be less impressive, as Carthaginian control of the sea made attack from that direction difficult. )

CARTHAGE RELIGION

Carthage derived the original core of its religion from Phoenicia. The Phoenician pantheon was presided over by the father of the gods, but a goddess was the principal figure in the Phoenician pantheon. The system of gods and goddesses in Phoenician religion also influenced many other cultures. There are too many similarities to be overlooked. In some instances the names of gods underwent very little change when they were borrowed. Even the legends maintained major similarities. Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Persian and others had their influences on the Phoenician faith system as well as borrowed from it.

Adon-the god of Youth Beauty and Regeneration.

Anath- the goddess of Love and War, the Maiden (similar to Greek Aphrodite).

Asherath-the Goddess of Byblos.

Astarte-the Queen of Heaven (similar to Greek Hera).

Baal-the Ruler of the Universe, Son of Dagan, Rider of the Clouds, Almighty, Lord of the Earth (similar to Greek Zeus or Roman Jupiter).

Baal-Hamon-the God of Fertility and Renewer of all energies in the Phoenician colonies of the Western Mediterranean (similar to Greek Kronos or, in some ways, Zeus).

Eshmun-the God of Healing.

Kathirat-Goddesses of marriage and pregnancy.

Kothar-God of Craftsmanship.

Melqarth-King of the Underworld and Cycle of Vegetation.

Mot-the God of Death.

Shahar-the God of Dawn.

Shalim- the God of Dusk.

Shapash-the Sun Goddess.

Tanit-Queen Goddess of Carthage, the Mother Goddess, Queen of Good Fortune and the Harvest.

Yamm-the God of the Sea.

Yarikh-the Moon God.

CARTHAGE ARMY

Land army

According to Polybius, Carthage relied heavily, though not exclusively, on foreign mercenaries,especially in overseas warfare. The core of its army was from its own territory in north Africa (ethnic Libyans and Numidians, as well as "Liby-Phoenicians" — i.e. Phoenicians proper). These troops were supported by mercenaries from different ethnic groups and geographic locations across the Mediterranean who fought in their own national units;Celtic,Balearic, and Iberian troops were especially common. Later, after the Barcid conquest of Iberia, Iberians came to form an even greater part of the Carthaginian forces. Carthage seems to have fielded a formidable cavalry force, especially in its north African homeland; a significant part of it was composed of Numidian contingents of light cavalry. Other mounted troops included the now extinct North African Elephants, trained for war, which, among other uses, were commonly used for frontal assaults or as anti-cavalry protection. An army could field up to several hundred of these animals, but on most reported occasions fewer than a hundred were deployed. The riders of these elephants were armed with a spike and hammer to kill the elephants in case they charged toward their own army.

They did some longe speared units,so don't remove them!...like in the rtw(poeni infantry,sacred band)

Balearic slinger

Spanish heavy infantry(scutari)

Town militia

Numidian light cavalry

African Infantry

balearic light infantry

Carthaginian light infantry

Galatian swordsmen

Punic veteran infantry

Punic skirmishes

Sacred band(with spear)

Phoenician slingers

Carthaginian war elephant

Carthaginian elephant

carthaginian skirmishes

Phoenician archers

Armored elephant

Round shield cavalry

Long shield cavalry

Poeni infantry(change the shield of the guy to the right to look more like the shield of the units to the

left)

Punic heavy infantry

Libyan spearman

Libyan archers

phoenician infantry

Naval Army

The navy of Carthage was one of the largest in the Mediterranean, using serial production to maintain high numbers at moderate cost. The sailors and marines of the Carthaginian navy were predominantly recruited from the Punic citizenry, unlike the multi-ethnic allied and mercenary troops of the Carthaginian armies. The navy offered a stable profession and financial security for its sailors.Their navy included some 300 to 350 warships. The Romans, who had little experience in naval warfare prior to the First Punic War, managed to finally defeat Carthage with a combination of reverse engineering captured Carthaginian ships, recruitment of experienced greek sailors from the ranks of its conquered cities, the unorthodox corvus device, and their superior numbers in marines and rowers.

CARTHAGINIAN SHIELD SYMBOLS

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 26, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Not operational yet -.-, but if i ask Sonny of the problem which i will soon he will probably solve it as usual (like when i made my first unit) ... apologies if you want it done like now, its confusing at times ...

for now i'm just gonna try all the ways to see if they work as Sonny usually isnt active like us on the forums , i mean I implement them but they just don't show up all i see is this vanilla stuff

but this problem ain't gonna stop just need to try harder I'm gonna be online and offline i will be on rtw trying to figure out and checking the files and stuff
    Last edited by medievaldude; August 26, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Well, Iīm sure you donīt want to have me simply copy&paste everything in, so I asked which textures I should implent. But donīt bother - Iīll implent a few tomorow, together with the new things from asgaroth.

Well, Iīm sure you donīt want to have me simply copy&paste everything in, so I asked which textures I should implent. But donīt bother - Iīll implent a few tomorow, together with the new things from asgaroth.

I have answered that question before because I have spoken to ahowl11 what would he like...You should implant:Textures for greek walls
    Textures for Roman walls
    New arrows,new cursor
    and maybe the last link for the barbarian and roman buildings and walls look!

Nore-"and maybe the last link for the barbarian and roman buildings and walls look!"-I think that the texture of walls for Romans and barbarians are already in my last link so don't do the first link of the roman texture because it is included in the last(I think)!

@caesar15 i have not recieved any messages from you recently
    can i test alpha and beta...

yes you can and i say wait to implement all this stuff until beta.. we need to finish units

Hey i got some images from one of my online books, this one in particular focuses on the Carthaginian oligarchic republic infantrymen. now just doing this because of the modding issues cause how else would i release my stress

this one was well-represent the Hellenic influences on the Carthaginian army, as they suffered defeats to them and they were still the hegemon of the Mediterranean ofc...he would be the Libyan, LibyPhoenician Phoenician levy at zama, or more often in times as homeguard defence for campaigns and such. bears the phrygian helmet, a long thrusting spear probably a dory around 2.5 m, of iron and bronze to fight in an not fully developed formation, with the lowest standards of training and the first to probably be yellow-bellies or flee. Civilian levies were used in the first, mercenary,second and third Punic wars with them being successfully used at Tunis and others.

both civilized civies (Romanum and Hellenics regarded the two by their shields would be a smart say) here be a caetratus, a buckler like shield (caetra) like that of the phalangite's shield...falcata, caetra and Soliferrum usually the youthish adults, lagile warriros good as a quick shock-troop. the Soliferrum be either of cornel or yew but both would make the versatile weapon, some made of iron. Mercs they be, but worth the pay they will display

Hanno like dictator, with his generalissimos

Xanthippus well the only great boost to the losing war for the Punics (first Punic war), here he is with his punic army as a mercenary general said to be from Sparta as displayed with his pilos,cloak, bread with no mustache or the hair oiled to locks of four. Tunis and at Lilybaeum dispalyed his talent before being dissmissed elsewhere.

Ductus Exemplo
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    I have answered that question before because I have spoken to ahowl11 what would he like...You should implant:Textures for greek walls
    Textures for Roman walls
    New arrows,new cursor
    and maybe the last link for the barbarian and roman buildings and walls look!

Nore-"and maybe the last link for the barbarian and roman buildings and walls look!"-I think that the texture of walls for Romans and barbarians are already in my last link so don't do the first link of the roman texture because it is included in the last(I think)!
    I actually meant the Unit Textures of 310 bc. And it is kinda confusing now, whether I should implent them or not.
    Edit: The textures he has are either of units we donīt have, like athenian Hoplites, or for which we already got a texture, like egypt peltasts. I really donīt know what to do right now.
    Edit2: The mouses. I like the normal one more, no offense meant.
    Last edited by Primo; August 27, 2011 at 01:36 AM.

I actually meant the Unit Textures of 310 bc. And it is kinda confusing now, whether I should implent them or not.
    Edit: The textures he has are either of units we donīt have, like athenian Hoplites, or for which we already got a texture, like egypt peltasts. I really donīt know what to do right now.
    Edit2: The mouses. I like the normal one more, no offense meant.

Ok I agree with you on the mouses...keep the original one!...Have you implented the arrows,roman and greek wall textures?

NEWS

ahowl11 has said that my last link will appear in beta so download it and keep it on your computer and we will put that in later in beta...

here is the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191615

SUGGESTIONS

since my next review is of greek cities I was thinking a bit about them...They consist of many little states and leagues and they aren't really historicaly accurate...We wouldn't then have a historicaly acurrate king list,because I will need to put there all kings of Sparta,Argus and other states so I suggested that we instead use another faction that occupies that area.And we can use some of the already suggested factions(from the last vote where the Nabataean kingdom and Bosporan kingdom wone)...I would go for Kingdom of Epirus...Or maybe some other state like Sparta,just that it occupies that area of the greek cities(not the whole-I meant Grecce!)...What do you think guys?

Quote Originally Posted by medievaldude View Post
    Hey i got some images from one of my online books, this one in particular focuses on the Carthaginian oligarchic republic infantrymen. now just doing this because of the modding issues cause how else would i release my stress

this one was well-represent the Hellenic influences on the Carthaginian army, as they suffered defeats to them and they were still the hegemon of the Mediterranean ofc...he would be the Libyan, LibyPhoenician Phoenician levy at zama, or more often in times as homeguard defence for campaigns and such. bears the phrygian helmet, a long thrusting spear probably a dory around 2.5 m, of iron and bronze to fight in an not fully developed formation, with the lowest standards of training and the first to probably be yellow-bellies or flee. Civilian levies were used in the first, mercenary,second and third Punic wars with them being successfully used at Tunis and others.

both civilized civies (Romanum and Hellenics regarded the two by their shields would be a smart say) here be a caetratus, a buckler like shield (caetra) like that of the phalangite's shield...falcata, caetra and Soliferrum usually the youthish adults, lagile warriros good as a quick shock-troop. the Soliferrum be either of cornel or yew but both would make the versatile weapon, some made of iron. Mercs they be, but worth the pay they will display

Hanno like dictator, with his generalissimos

Xanthippus well the only great boost to the losing war for the Punics (first Punic war), here he is with his punic army as a mercenary general said to be from Sparta as displayed with his pilos,cloak, bread with no mustache or the hair oiled to locks of four. Tunis and at Lilybaeum dispalyed his talent before being dissmissed elsewhere.

I like the units!!!

Ok I agree with you on the mouses...keep the original one!...Have you implented the arrows,roman and greek wall textures?

NEWS

ahowl11 has said that my last link will appear in beta so download it and keep it on your computer and we will put that in later in beta...

here is the link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=191615

SUGGESTIONS

since my next review is of greek cities I was thinking a bit about them...They consist of many little states and leagues and they aren't really historicaly accurate...We wouldn't then have a historicaly acurrate king list,because I will need to put there all kings of Sparta,Argus and other states so I suggested that we instead use another faction that occupies that area.And we can use some of the already suggested factions(from the last vote where the Nabataean kingdom and Bosporan kingdom wone)...I would go for Kingdom of Epirus...Or maybe some other state like Sparta,just that it occupies that area of the greek cities(not the whole-I meant Grecce!)...What do you think guys?
    Well, the greek cities donīt just cover Greece - They have many regions across the map.
    And the Arrows are implented.

Well, the greek cities donīt just cover Greece - They have many regions across the map.
    And the Arrows are implented.

Yes that is true-and I said that!....But in greece would then be rebel settlements,so we need to put some faction there and the best would be the kingdom of Epirus,and it has 6 votes.I think that would be historicaly better,but we need to see what will ahowl11 say.

Excelent for the arrows!

Yes that is true-and I said that!....But in greece would then be rebel settlements,so we need to put some faction there and the best would be the kingdom of Epirus,and it has 6 votes.I think that would be historicaly better,but we need to see what will ahowl11 say.

Excelent for the arrows!
    No. We have just 1 Rebel Settlement at the moment, and it isnīt in greece.
    Also we have long reached the 21 factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth;10182993

[COLOR=Blue
    SUGGESTIONS[/COLOR]

Argos not important now , and will there just too many weak city-states. the laegues idk because we used 21 slots already

they aren't really historicaly accurate.
    you mean about the kingship right?

Ductus Exemplo

Quote Originally Posted by medievaldude View Post
    Argos not important now , and will there just too many weak city-states. the laegues idk because we used 21 slots already

you mean about the kingship right?
    yes about kingship right...

Only 1 rebel settlement?...how did you manage to do that-every faction has 20 settlements or what?

I just said that you switch greek cities for Epirus or better Achaean league...What is impossible about that?

yes about kingship right...

Only 1 rebel settlement?...how did you manage to do that-every faction has 20 settlements or what?

I just said that you switch greek cities for Epirus or better Achaean league...What is impossible about that?
    No, but of course the old roman factions now have more Settlements, so that they wonīt be killed early in the game.
    And the name change we could still do in the beta.