View Poll Results: Which 2 Factions Should be implemented to HRTW?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nabataean Kingdom

24 17.39%
  • Kingdom Of Epirus

38 27.54%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

15 10.87%
  • Celt-Iberians

16 11.59%
  • Aetolian/Achaean Leagues (will count as both slots)

13 9.42%
  • Syracuse

15 10.87%
  • Megae Hellas

6 4.35%
  • Massalia

11 7.97%
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

Default Re: Historical RTW Vanilla v1.5

HRTW Progress Report
    Hey, everyone. I am the only one online so I figured I would use this oppurtunity to give a status update on our mod HRTW. I'm gonna go right into it:

Here is what is finished from when I first posted this grand idea:

1. The four "Roman" factions have been condensed into one, changing the "House Of Julii" into the "Roman Republic"

2. The other Roman factions have been changed to this:

The House Of Scipii - Illyrians
    The House Of Brutii - Nabataean Kingdom
    S.P.Q.R. - Bosporan Kingdom

3. Egypt is now Greek and will be referred to as "The Ptolemaic Empire" I was able to successfully change their culture to Greek last night.

4. Some faction name changes:

Parthia is now "The Kingdom Of Atropatene"
    Scythia is now "Sarmatians"
    Spain is now "Iberians"

5. Faction List
    The Roman Republic
    The Republic Of Carthage
    The Kingdom Of Macedon
    The Seleucid Empire
    The Ptolemaic Empire
    The Greek City-States
    The Bosporan Kingdom
    The Kingdom Of Thrace
    The Kingdom Of Pontus
    The Kingdom Of Armenia
    The Kingdom Of Atropatene
    The Nabataean Kingdom
    Numidians
    Sarmatians
    Dacians
    Illyrians
    Germans
    Gauls
    Britons
    Iberians
    Rebels

6. There will only be one rebel settlement and that is "Themiskyra" all other rebel settlements will be owned by the most historically accurate faction (this was made mainly due to gameplay reasons)

7. The game will begin in 280 B.C. and end in 14 A.D.

8. As most of the team knows there will be multiple versions of the mod HRTW. Right now we are trying to finish "Alpha Version" Alpha will feel alot like vanilla when played as it features alot of simple fixes.

Here is the team and the work that they have done, are doing, or will be doing
    EVERYONE WHO IS ON THE TEAM READ YOUR DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY, AND COME TO ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!! THIS IS HERE TO SHOW YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON

Current Members of the HRTW Team

♖TMB Total War♖ - Has recently joined.. will serve as a historian for Carthage/Numidia and will do some artwork such as loading screens

Ace_General - Been a member for awhile, will help out German history, and suggestions

ahowl11 - this is me, I am the founder and leader of this mod. I've changed all of the starting postions of the factions in descr_strat, changed the culture of Egypt from Egyptian to Greek, have recruited relentlessly for skinners, got permission from the THS team to use their skins, new to modding. I'm about to change the roman cultures of scipii to barbarian, brutii to eastern, and senate to greek. I am the main representative of this mod, come to me with questions, suggestions, ideas, and job applications

Apollyon - not a modder.. will be a tester.. also he will review the work and give suggestions from a historical/gameplay perspective

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze - has offered to help but doesn't have alot of time.. will hopefully skin some warbands/archer warbands and make unit cards

Caesar15 - skinner, tried to reskin strat models, did some ship reskins.. will need him to do some unit reskins too, will also help implement settlements in beta version

Daco-Roman - historian, has given alot of information on the Dacians. Their history, culture, military etc. will hopefully be able to download HRTW when we release

Davyjones - a.k.a. Valkar. Co-Leader.. good all around modder.. can skin and is a good historian.. also a good advisor.. hasnt been around for awhile.. will hopefully do some skinning when he omes back

Grymloq - researcher, text editer, and coder.. has made historical family trees for HRTW and will be working on more.. I know he is doing other things, he needs to let me know so i can post it

imperiumiv - historian. has given us alot of military history on the Judeans and the Hasmonean State

knin - excellent mapper, researcher.. isnt needed for HRTW at the moment.. has produced some good research on Thrace, and will be given more research jobs in the future

lolIsuck - mapper and historian.. has been with HRTW since its founding

Macedon1an - one of the main workers.. has done alot of research and downloading, also will be responsible for the campaign starting position maps that you see on the faction selection screen.. he will also implement the faction leaders portraits with each description

matmohair1 - historian.. has helped out a great deal with Nabataean/Arabian History

medievaldude - one of the main workers.. has made excellent faction symbols and banners.. is trying to implement them into game

Michael333 - maker of realistic egypt, skinner, modeller, and ui creator.. I am hoping he will be a big part of our team as skinning is slow and he would help this mod really progress.. its up to him though

OceanPhoenix - skinner, imperfection mod creator... same situation as Michael333, he can be a great skinner with us by using his imperfection on the units

Primo - one of the main workers and devoted worker, coder, text editor, alot of ideas.. right now he will be implementing the new units/skins into the game for recruitment.. he will also completely remove the unhistorical units from the game.. in future he will be working on alot of scripts

Skull - most devoted worker, has been with me since day 1, skinner... right now he is in the middle of reskinning the proper strat models for the illyrians, bosporan kingdom, and nabataean kingdom.. after that he will help skin units

Stilicone - cretor of Italian Units pack, skinner.. on vacation but has offered to help skin.. need him

toshinden - similar to Primo, coder and text editor.. needs to work with Primo in implementing the unit cards, units and recruitment

VOP2288 - description writer.. dont know how much work he can provide us.. busy man

Other workers that have yet to join but have contributed

ChargerFlanker - description writer.. is currently working on the campaign description for the Roman Republic.. also a good historian.. hopefull i can add him to the group

G.S.Patton.Jr. - skinner.. currently working on all the skins for illyria.. will need him to do bosporans next.. has not shown up in awhile.. need him right now to join team

Asgaroth - researcher.. just joined today, as you can tell he is very devoted and im sure he will be a great addition

Work To Be Done

Primo and toshinden.. i need you both to clear out all of these units from the game.. completely omit them!

All Roman units in the scipii, brutii, and senate rosters
    Arcani
    Incendiary Pigs
    Wardogs
    Desert Axemen
    Nile Spearmen
    Pharaoh's Guard
    Pharaoh's Bowmen
    Desert Cavalry
    Nile Cavalry
    Egyptian Chariots
    Egyptian Cavalry General
    Egyptian Chariot General
    Egyptian Chariot Archers
    Onagers
    Heavy Onagers
    Ballistas
    Repeating Ballistas
    Scorpions
    Druids
    Screeching Women
    Beserkers
    Night Raiders
    Head Hurlers
    Head Hunting Maidens
    Scythian Noble Women
    Bull Warriors

i dont want to see these units anywhere on the game

Also I believe Peasants and Gladiators should be for Rebels only (for revolts)

Then i need those files with the right units implemented, for recruiting etc.. i have the ui cards if you guys need them

i had also forgotten a few units from THS i will send them

Skull: My friend, I need you to get the strat models done ASAP.. I need the Nabataean general/lesser generl, green with white outlines for both campaign and battle maps.. the illyrian general is perfect but i need you to reskin the lesser general on the campaign map as he has dacian colors.. change them to scipii.. also on the battle map i need you to darken the blue on the captain so he looks more scipii then briton

and finally skull, get those bosporan models done..

Davyjones: where are you?? i need your presence

Bull3etproof: are you going to be able to do those skins and unit cards??

G.S. Patton Jr: where are you? are the illyrians completed?? i need to see them and implement them so you can move on to the bosporans

Asgaroth: keep up the hard work!

VOP2288: I realize you are a busy man.. we have found someone else for faction descriptions.. if you have any work and would like to share it please do

medievaldude: i need you to implement thos banners/faction symbols and send me the files

Sonny Costanzo has given us permission to use his units from his mod 310 B.C. we will use them for beta

Everyone Else!

Come to me with your availability.. all i need is the reskins done and their UI cards..

once we have everything above complete we will release!!!!!

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I'll probably be able to do it today

BOSPORAN KINGDOM

The Bosporan Kingdom or the Kingdom of the Cimmerian Bosporus was an ancient state, located in eastern Crimea and the Taman Peninsula on the shores of the Cimmerian Bosporus (see Strait of Kerch). It is interesting as the first truly 'Hellenistic' state in the sense of one in which a mixed population adopted the Greek language and civilization.

Greek cities of the Bosporus started as independent poleis(city states like Sparta and Athens),united in 480 BC under the rule of an aristocratic family of Archeanactids.

FACTION GOALS

Capture(number of settelments) and outlive or destroy faction/faction's:Scythia,Thrace

Why?

Scythia-they were historically in war with them!

Thrace-Don't have proof that they have ever been in war with Thrace,but-a tyrant Spartocus (438 BC - 431 BC), apparently a Thracian. He founded a dynasty which seems to have endured until c. 110 BC. The Spartocids have left many inscriptions which indicate that the earlier members of the house ruled as archons of the Greek cities and kings of various native tribes, notably the Sindi of the island district and other branches of the Maeotae.

Greek cities allys maybe-They maintained close relations with Athens, their best customers for the Bosporan grain export, of which Leucon I set the staple at Theodosia, where the Attic ships were allowed special privileges.

So I think they can fight against Thrace,but however Spartocus has to remain on of the faction leaders of Bosporan Kingdom!(because that's the way it was!)

FACTION LEADER NAMES

Different faction kings ruled the Bosporan Kingdom-Greeks,Scythians,Pontians and Romans(but I won't put Romans since it doesn't have sense,because in the game period Rome has yet to spread)...

These four are the most important:

Spartocus(Thracian tyrant.His dynasty-The Spartocids have left many inscriptions which indicate that the earlier members of the house ruled as archons of the Greek cities and kings of various native tribes)

Satyrus(the successor of Spartocus, established his rule over the whole district, adding Nymphaeum to his dominions and laying siege to Theodosia, which was a serious commercial rival because of its ice-free port and proximity to the grain fields of eastern Crimea)

Paerisades V(important because of their connection with Pontus and he was the last King of the everlasting dynasty of the Spartocids-unable to make headway against the power of the natives, in 108 BC called in the help of Diophantus, general of King Mithridates VI of Pontus, promising to hand over his kingdom to that prince. He was slain by a Scythian named Saumacus who led a rebellion against him and later also became the King of the Bosporan Kingdom!.)

Rhescouporis II(conquered the Scythians and proudly called himself "king of the entire Bosporus and of the Tauroscythians")
    Other Kings:

Genger
    Franco
    Esdron
    Gelio
    Basabiliano
    Plaserion I
    Plesron
    Eliacor
    Gaberiano
    Plaserion II
    Antenor
    Priam II
    Helenos II
    Plesron II
    Basabiliano II
    Alexander
    Priam III
    Teushapa
    Getmalor
    Lygdamis
    Sandakhshatra
    Almadion
    Diluglion

Here come the Spartocids:

Spartocus I
    Satyrus I
    Seleucus
    Leucon I
    Gorgippus
    Spartacus II
    Pairisades I
    Satyrus II
    Prytanis
    Eumelos
    Spartacu III
    Pairisades II
    Spartacus IV
    Leucon II
    Hygiainon
    Spartacus V
    Pairisades III
    Pairisades IV
    Pairisades V

Scythians:

Saumacus

-I don't know if there were any other

Pontids:

Mithridates I
    Pharnaces
    Mithridates II
    Asander
    Scribonius

After this came the roman leaders which as explained above I won't put!

BOSPORAN KINGDOM CITIES

These are the Greek Colonies along the black sea!

Most important Bosporan cities:

Panticapaeum(capital city of the Bosporan kingdom)
    Nymphaion(tradeing center-from here they trade with Athens)
    Phanagoria(second capital)

Ruins of Panticapaeum-the capital city of Bosporan Kingdom

BOSPORAN KINGDOM RELIGION-GODS

The religion of the Bosporus is viewed in this monograph as a blend of Greek and indigenous Iranian traditions.

Gods were dressed in more persian(iranian)and scythian way.But as you can see most of them were greek!

Aphrodite-Aphrodite was not the only deity worshipped in the Greek cities of the Bosporus, but she was the only one who had distinct local connections even at the early stages of the Greek colonization of the area.she was the most high god of the Bosporan Kingdom!!

Poseidon-greek god of the sea.He was depicated on a number of Bosporan coins,especially those struck by Suromates II

Heracles-He was also on the coins as Poseidon.He was the son of Zeus and half brother of Perseus.He was a demigod that was worshiped as a god and he represented courage and strength.

Demeter
    - is the goddess of the harvest, who presided over grains, the fertility of the earth, and the seasons.Though Demeter is often described simply as the goddess of the harvest, she presided also over the sanctity of marriage, the sacred law, and the cycle of life and death.She was mostly worshiped in the city of Nymphaeum!

Cybele-goddess of the fertile Earth, a goddess of caverns and mountains, walls and fortresses, nature, wild animals (especially lions and bees)

Zeus-Greek highest god.God of lightning and storm that was also worshiped on Bosporus,but the highest goddess in Bosporan kingdom as said above was Aphrodite!

Hera-was the wife and one of three sisters of Zeus in the Olympian pantheon of classical Greek Mythology. Her chief function was as the goddess of women and marriage.

Eros-God of love and sexuality.His figures appear in Bosporan tombs.His image was sometimes "barbarized".The winged youthwas shown armed,wearing a torque,and dressed in a typical Sarmatian costume!

There are more of them but I can't find a clear description for them.I think six are enough since I think you plan to make only three shrines?

BOSPORAN KINGDOM ARMY

It's clear that the army of Bosporan Kingdom will be a mix between Greek,Scythian,Sarmatian and Pontic troops.

Greek heavy peltasts

Pontic medium cavalry

Greek phalanx

Scythiyn Noble cavalry

thracian light peltasts

Sarmatian horse archers

Greeko-scythian hoplites

Bosporan hoplites

Falxman

scythian archers warband

Sarmatian foot archers

Sarmatian levy spearman

pontic Bosporan heavy infantry

Scythian axman

WEAPONS AND ARMOR

Bosporan sword(barbarian-sarmatian style)

Scythian recurve bow

scythian armor

scythian bronze axe

scythian arrows

Greek shield

Greek brestplate and helmet

Sarmatian armor

scythian bronze helmet

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 16, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

Wow, well my mod is done now American re outlying unfiurtnatlry so I may get back to this, just need something to do, since my name wasn't on the work list

@Caesar15 if you are available i need you for unit reskins

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well, not counting Heracles as he is a clone of Poseidon, and Eros, as Aphrodite already is god of love and Sexuality, and the same for Demeter and Cybele, we got just 3 gods. Savvy?

Please explain me how can Heracles be a clone of Poseidon?...and exactly how can Eros be a clone of Aphrodite?...You have to understand that they are as you can see very similar,but you are wrong when you say they are the same!!...Eros refers to “intimate love” or romantic love between family members or close friends...Aphrodite is-Greek goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality...First-if you see thes two have almost exact attributes but aren't the same!...For example Apollo is the god of the sun,beauty...ooops did I say beauty-nop so he doesn't count as god because he has the attribute beauty in his description which Aphrodite also has?...Some attributes are the same,yes,but the gods themselves aren't the same.When humans honour them they do it in a different way for every god,don't they?...In that logic they wouldn't honor Apollo because Aphrodite is already the goddess of beauty....If you can find something better or more of them good-it would be of much help to me and the team(and I personaly thank you for the information) if not try to understand...

Heracles was a god of strenght(eventhough I know him as a demigod,but I stick to the information I found)and poseidon was god of the sea...How can they possibly be the same?...Heracles is Zeus's son and poseidon ois Zeus's brother.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 15, 2011 at 01:32 PM.

NABATAEAN KINGDOM

The Nabataean kingdom was a political state of the Nabataeans which existed during Classical antiquity and was annexed by the Roman Empire in Ad 106..

Diodorus describes the Nabataeans as nomads who 'range over a country which is partly desert and partly waterless, though a small section of it is fruitful... It is their custom neither to plant grain, set out any fruit-bearing tree, use wine, nor construct any house... Some of them raise camels, others sheep, pasturing them in the desert... They themselves use as food flesh and milk and those of the plants that grow wild from the ground which are suitable for this purpose'.

Straddling the northern end of the caravan route from South Arabia to the Mediterranean, the Nabataean kingdom emerged as a great merchant-trader realm during the first centuries B.C. and A.D.

FACTION GOALS

Hold(number)of settlements and destroy or outlive faction/factions Ptolemaic empire,Seleucid Empire...

Why?

Seleucids-The Nabataeans were allies of the first Hasmoneans in their struggles against the Seleucid monarchs.

Ptolemaic empire-"Some Nabataeans indulged in piracy on the Red Sea, profitably attacking the merchant ships of Ptolemaic Egypt."
    -During the King Malichus II reign, in 32 BC Herod the Great started a war against Nabatea, with the support of Cleopatra. The war started with Herod's army plundering Nabataea and with a large cavalry force, and the occupation of Dium. After this defeat the Nabatean forces amassed near Canatha in Syria, but were attacked and routed. Athenio (Cleopatra's General) sent Canathans to the aid of the Nabateans, and this force crushed Herod's army which then fled to Ormiza. One year later, Herod's army overran Nabataea.

So the Ptolomaic empire can be allys and enemies,you choose?

FACTION LEADER NAMES

I couldn't find many of them so you will have to make up some names yourselvs along with these historical names.

These three were the most important leaders:

Aretas I
    (first known king of the Nabataeans- His name appeared on the oldest Nabataean inscription dating from 168 BC which was found at Halutza.)

Rabbel II Soter(Soter-"Savior of the People" was the last ruler of the Nabataean Kingdom")

Aretas IV Philopatris(at his time Nabataean kingdom was the stronges-he was in bad relations with the Romans)

Other leaders:
    Malichus I
    Erotimus
    Aretas II
    Obodas I
    Rabbel I
    Aretas III Philhellen
    Obodas II
    Malichus I
    Obodas III
    Chuldu(female-queen)
    Malichus II
    Shaqilath(queen)
    Gamilath(queen)

After Gamilath Nabataean Kingdom was annexed by Trajan becoming the Roman province of Arabia Petraea!

NABATAEAN CITIES

Not all these are Nabataean cities-look at the border map below!

Important cities

Petra(capital of the Nabataean kingdom-)
    Bostra(first Nabataean city-it was important because of the trading roots that passed through the city)

Nabataean Kingdom border(so you can better point it out on the campaign map)

Remains of the capital city of the Nabathaean Kingdom-Petra

NABATAEAN RELIGION-GODS

Being a trade junction, the Nabateans were effectively exposed to many different belief systems, whether from Egypt, Syria, Canaan, Assyria, Babylon, Greece or Rome. This situation was decisive for the development of Nabatean religion.

Their religion was as most other religions of the time, polytheistic. Gods were represented as rocks, both in a symbolic but also in a literal sense. The rocks were holy in themselves and a part of the divine, but also a link to a dimension beyond. The rocks can be understood as a sort of altar.

Dushara-the highest,most important Nabataean god
    -he was the god of the sun and wine

Atagatis
    -goddess of fertility( so if you choose this shrine-population growth +)

Allat-God of the Moon

Manat
    -God of fate

Uzza-god of water

NABATAEAN ARMY

Nabataean desert infantry

Judean slingers

Arabian slingers

Judean Zealot heavy infantry

Canaan skirmishers

Egyptian native slingers

Eastern light cavalry(just attach a horse in the scripts)

Assyrian allied infantry

Nabataean noble spearman

Nabataean eastern infantry

Assyrian cavalry(put the bow insted of the spear)

Bedouin camel archers

WEAPONS AND ARMOR

Eastern helmets(The big one in the bottom left is of a slinger

Eastern shields

Swords

Spears

Bows

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 16, 2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Please explain me how can Heracles be a clone of Poseidon?...and exactly how can Eros be a clone of Aphrodite?...You have to understand that they are as you can see very similar,but you are wrong when you say they are the same!!...Eros refers to “intimate love” or romantic love between family members or close friends...Aphrodite is-Greek goddess of love, beauty, and sexuality...First-if you see thes two have almost exact attributes but aren't the same!...For example Apollo is the god of the sun,beauty...ooops did I say beauty-nop so he doesn't count as god because he has the attribute beauty in his description which Aphrodite also has?...Some attributes are the same,yes,but the gods themselves aren't the same.When humans honour them they do it in a different way for every god,don't they?...In that logic they wouldn't honor Apollo because Aphrodite is already the goddess of beauty....If you can find something better or more of them good-it would be of much help to me and the team(and I personaly thank you for the information) if not try to understand...
    Oh my - Supposed to be a joke. You don´t always have to take me personaly.
    But see, Im quite sure it will end up with those 3 gods being worshipped in a shrine.
    Also, Rome Total War logic doesn´t always represent reality:
    Temple of Growth = Aphrodite
    Temple of Law = Zeus
    Temple of Farming = Demeter

And not that way:

Aphrodite= Temple of Growth, Temple of Law
    Demeter = Temple of Law, Temple of Farming
    And I just meant Heracles and Poseidon were the same figure, Like Zeus and Jupiter. Maybe "clone" was a too short description for that.
    Last edited by Primo; August 15, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

I didn't know you were a joker,sorry for that...that is good when people joke...And I thought you people here were serious,come on,hahaha...

BTW I am new to the team and if I can help you in any way just say!!!

You have choosen the gods I would,great!

i still don't know how are Poseidon and Heracles the same figure...How can a son of Zeus and a brother of Zeus be a same figure.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 15, 2011 at 02:55 PM.

I
    i still don't know how are Poseidon and Heracles the same figure...How can a son of Zeus and a brother of Zeus be a same figure.
    Think in game terms. In the game there are no gods called Poseidon and Heracles, there is a temple_of_naval . It can be called Temple of Poseidon or Heracles, but It wouldn´t change anything.

But this isn´t really important. And as I see, you made the Nabatean Kingdom aswell.

You got a point Primo(It can be called Temple of Poseidon or Heracles, but It wouldn´t change anything)...It isn't finished-in a couple of hours you can see the whol Nabataean kingdom...And guys i need to put some where a list where is what-Illyrians(page 9)and so on-where can I do that?....Why don't you guys download skins for romans from ferres-they are quite good and he said that anyone can use them!

one you finish all of your work we can make a thread for it at the org.. and our units are going to look like vanilla

ATROPATENE KINGDOM

-was an ancient kingdom established and ruled by Iranian dynasties in the 4th century BC in modern Iranian Azarbaijan and Iranian Kurdistan.Atropatene also was the nominal ancestor of the name Azarbaijan.

Atropatene Kingdom-green

FACTION GOALS

Capture(number)of settlements and destroy or outlive faction/factions:Seleucid Empire

Why?

No armenia- "It does not seem to have given border conflicts with the western neighbour Armenia."

However Parthia did fought against Armenia but Atropatene didn't and Atropatene was directly an ally of Parthia.In 20 BC Atropatena became fully dependent on Parthia as one of its provinces and lost its statehood!

Seleucid Empire-it is written that they opposed the hellenization and preserved its Iranian tradition...So by this they must have been at war?

FACTION LEADER NAMES

Artavasdes III,Artavasdes I and Aristobanes II later become kings of Armenia,but I couldn't find how.

There are no leaders that stood out mostly for this faction!

Atropates(first king)
    Artabazanes
    Mithridates I
    Aristobanes I
    Darius
    Artavasdes I
    Aristobanes II
    Artavasdes III
    Artabanos
    Bagayash
    Pakoros
    Vonones
    Artabanos III
    Ariovast
    Artavasdes II
    Ariobarzanes II
    Artashes
    Ariobarzanes I
    Dareios
    Gotarzes
    Artabazos

ATROPATENE CITIES

map of the cities(I couldn't find a bigger map of the cities)

important cities:

Ghazakka(capital city of Atropatene Kingdom)
    Phraaspa(However isn't on the map,but you know where it is from playing RTW-It was the most important fortress of the Atropatene Kingdom!)

ATROPATENE RELIGION-GODS

Atropatene people(mostly persians) had Ahura Mazda religion...Zoroastrism and Ahura Mazda are relate but however different religions.Atropatene Kingdom and Parthia had Ahura Mazda religion and Sassanids in BI had Zoroastrism and at that time Ahura Mazda stop existing!..Ahura Mazda is described as the highest deity of worship in Zoroastrianism(so it is part of Zoroastrism but from the begining it was a religion for itself!), along with being the first and most frequently invoked deity in the Yasna!!!!...

Keep the religion of the Parthians from RTW

And as you can see this religion wasn't polytheistic like most of them from this time,it was monotheistic(one god)...So keep the one shrine and description for it from RTW!

ATROPATENE KINGDOM ARMY

Persian archers

Iranian foot archers

Persian infantry

Elite spearman

Nomad archers

Eastern infantry

Persian royal guard

Hillmen

Parthian medium sperarman

Horse archers

Heavy cavalry

light peltasts

desert skirmishes

Levy spearman

Atropatene slingers

light cavalry

Persian elephants

Last edited by Asgaroth; August 16, 2011 at 08:41 AM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

I can't get one thing: why the nabatean gets judean and egyptian units? They are very far from the nabatean kingdom geogrphically speaking...or are they going to be AoR?

they are going to be AOR... Nabataeans will get alot of eastern units, also the arab and bedouin mercenaries will be regular troops for the nabataeans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    I can't get one thing: why the nabatean gets judean and egyptian units? They are very far from the nabatean kingdom geogrphically speaking...or are they going to be AoR?
    First.Egyptians helped from time to time the Nabataeans,until Cleopatre VII(Last Queen of egypt,leader in global) went in war with them so I put them in as egyptian native slingers...Judeans weren't so far from the Nabataean kingdom.And second The Nabataeans later conquered most of their cities so I put them in the Nabataean army as two units.Like when Romans conquered Gaul they had auxiliary troops in their army didn't they?...and if you can see the map of the Nabataean kingdom the southern part of todays Israel is under their control and there I guess live some judeans so they are in the army...Bedouins were a nomad people(like the kurds later),they didn't exactly have a one place to live(like for example Romans-Italian peninsula and that's it-until they started spreading of corse) but however they had a area where they were migrating an it was mostly on the Arabian peninsula to Algerie-there where the city of Cyrene is in RTW if you know.They had a hard life so many time they would fight as merceneries and sometimes joined the army to earn some money to feed of their families(they couldn't feed them off only with goat,sheep cheese an milk).So in my opinion they can apper in the egyptian army..
    Last edited by Asgaroth; August 15, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

NABATAEAN KINGDOM

The Nabataean kingdom was a political state of the Nabataeans which existed during Classical antiquity and was annexed by the Roman Empire in Ad 106..

Diodorus describes the Nabataeans as nomads who 'range over a country which is partly desert and partly waterless, though a small section of it is fruitful... It is their custom neither to plant grain, set out any fruit-bearing tree, use wine, nor construct any house... Some of them raise camels, others sheep, pasturing them in the desert... They themselves use as food flesh and milk and those of the plants that grow wild from the ground which are suitable for this purpose'.

Straddling the northern end of the caravan route from South Arabia to the Mediterranean, the Nabataean kingdom emerged as a great merchant-trader realm during the first centuries B.C. and A.D.

FACTION GOALS

Hold(number)of settlements and destroy or outlive faction/factions Ptolemaic empire,Seleucid Empire...

Seleucids-The Nabataeans were allies of the first Hasmoneans in their struggles against the Seleucid monarchs.

Ptolemaic empire-"Some Nabataeans indulged in piracy on the Red Sea, profitably attacking the merchant ships of Ptolemaic Egypt."
    -During the King Malichus II reign, in 32 BC Herod the Great started a war against Nabatea, with the support of Cleopatra. The war started with Herod's army plundering Nabataea and with a large cavalry force, and the occupation of Dium. After this defeat the Nabatean forces amassed near Canatha in Syria, but were attacked and routed. Athenio (Cleopatra's General) sent Canathans to the aid of the Nabateans, and this force crushed Herod's army which then fled to Ormiza. One year later, Herod's army overran Nabataea.

So the Ptolomaic empire can be allys and enemies,you choose?

FACTION LEADER NAMES

I couldn't find many of them so you will have to make up some names yourselvs along with these historical names.

These three were the most important leaders:

Aretas I
    (first known king of the Nabataeans- His name appeared on the oldest Nabataean inscription dating from 168 BC which was found at Halutza.)

Rabbel II Soter(Soter-"Savior of the People" was the last ruler of the Nabataean Kingdom")

Aretas IV Philopatris(at his time Nabataean kingdom was the stronges-he was in bad relations with the Romans)

Other leaders:
    Malichus I
    Erotimus
    Aretas II
    Obodas I
    Rabbel I
    Aretas III Philhellen
    Obodas II
    Malichus I
    Obodas III
    Chuldu(female-queen)
    Malichus II
    Shaqilath(queen)
    Gamilath(queen)

After Gamilath Nabataean Kingdom was annexed by Trajan becoming the Roman province of Arabia Petraea!

NABATAEAN CITIES

Not all these are Nabataean cities-look at the border map below!

Important cities

Petra(capital of the Nabataean kingdom-)
    Bostra(first Nabataean city-it was important because of the trading roots that passed through the city)

Nabataean Kingdom border(so you can better point it out on the campaign map)

Remains of the capital city of the Nabathaean Kingdom-Petra

NABATAEAN RELIGION-GODS

Being a trade junction, the Nabateans were effectively exposed to many different belief systems, whether from Egypt, Syria, Canaan, Assyria, Babylon, Greece or Rome. This situation was decisive for the development of Nabatean religion.

Their religion was as most other religions of the time, polytheistic. Gods were represented as rocks, both in a symbolic but also in a literal sense. The rocks were holy in themselves and a part of the divine, but also a link to a dimension beyond. The rocks can be understood as a sort of altar.

Dushara-the highest,most important Nabataean god
    -he was the god of the sun and wine

Atagatis
    -goddess of fertility( so if you choose this shrine-population growth +)

Allat-God of the Moon

Manat
    -God of fate

Uzza-god of water

NABATAEAN ARMY

Nabataean desert infantry

Judean slingers

Arabian slingers

Judean Zealot heavy infantry

Canaan skirmishers

Egyptian native slingers

Eastern light cavalry(just attach a horse in the scripts)

Assyrian allied infantry

Nabataean noble spearman

Nabataean eastern infantry

Assyrian cavalry(put the bow insted of the spear)

Bedouin camel archers

WEAPONS AND ARMOR

Eastern helmets(The big one in the bottom left is of a slinger

Eastern shields

Swords

Spears

Bows

i see you have no need for me coz you got the thing and thanks dud for your work