Even though I have a grand Idea in "Roma Nova" I don't have the experience, team and support to even begin it. Right now I want that thread to be a "brainstorming thread" so i encourage all who view this to view that as well.
I do know WHAT IS possible at this time however and that is a more Historic Vanilla RTW v1.5
here is what I don't like about vanilla:
1. 4 Roman Factions (Do I really need to go into detail here?)
2. Egypt as depicted as a "Pharoahonic" People. They need to be greek
3. Mercenaries being "green" wouldnt we want them to be the same color as the faction that uses them?
4. Weak ai morale on battlefield.
5. Certain factions dominate others ex: egypt over seleucids, britons over germans
6. I HATE rebel settlements. I believe that all settlements should be controlled by a certain faction.
7. Barbarian Factions as portrayed as ugly, stupid brutes. "Gaul Smash!"
I cannot think of anything else. Please add and suggest your dislikes!!
Some of you may think "Well why doesn't he get RTR or THS?"
Reason is there is alot that I do like about vanilla like this
1. I like the Senate giving missions. (It gives initiative if you don't know what to do, and you get cool rewards)
2. I actually don't mind the "faction colors" to me it adds definition and an identity to the faction.
3. I don't know how to really explain it, but I just love the overall feel the game gives me. It's the funnest game to play for me.
4. I like the original skins. Sometimes mod's skins look to computerized. Vanillas skins are good.
So my proposal is this:
Being able to mod vanilla so it is more historic and a little more challenging.
add more cities to reach the city hard code limit
add more units to meet unit unit hard code limit
keep original map (only map changes should be for adding regions/cities)
Do a complete change of Brutii and Scipii into Illyrians and Nabataean Kingdom
completely change egypt into Ptolemaic empire (greek)
make it so mercenaries are not green
rebels would only be brigands, pirates or revolts
get rid of fantasy units (arcani, pigs, wardogs?, screeching women)
edit current units and add new units to factions so they are more historic but still have vanilla feel
combine all four roman families into one. (i think this would be cool) and create separate families for Illyrians & Nabataean Kingdom
If changing Faction Symbols ex: Macedon keep the vanilla look
Basic Name Changes, Spanish to Iberians etc
make ai morale stronger
make the domination factor dissapear for briton/egypt
starts in 280 B.C. with Greeks controlling southern Italy
and get rid of Themiskyra!!!!! I hate that place and the amazon chariots haha
please any suggestions will be appreciated this is open to discussion, votes, debates, opinions and history!! im decent at coding etc. and this should not be too hard!! thanks