Thread: Graphic help

Default Graphic help

I could really use some help.
    I have some experience using GIMP, but I'm hardly a graphics expert.
    I've put up a site based on the RR/RC sub-mod of the mod Stainless Steel (a MTW2 mod--- the link is in my sig if anyone is interested).
    What I'd like to do is take some screen shots and use them as headers for various pages.
    The problem is they come out looking pretty lame.
    If you guys could turn me on to some good resources or give me some tips on getting screen shots and editing them I sure could use it.
    Oh, and I just started using FRAPS also, so ant tips there would help as well.

Default Re: Graphic help

Hi Phil,

Maybe this topic would be better in this section : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1110

Sorry,I can't answer your question concerning GIMP ,because i don't know how works this program.
    Maybe somebody more skilled than me will be able to give you an answer

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Thread moved to Help Section.

- Aanker

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The symbols on your page don't look so good, are you getting them directly from the mod folder? You can find them in data\menu\symbols\fe_buttons_48.

As for screenshots the best option is to use the cinematic editor, have a look here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250294

If you want to stick with fraps you can open it click on the Screenshots tab and tick the PNG option, no quality loss that way.

Louis,
    Sorry, didn't get any notifications that there had been a reply.

Could you be more specific about the symbols --- which symbols? What's the matter with them? And yes, I did get them from the folders.

That editor looks interesting, but complicated. I'll give it a try.