Cannibalking's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [East of Rome] Introduction

Looks awesome mate! Great Job!

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Brilliant preview;Thanks EoR team !

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

wow ! kingdom of Lazika , it is new faction ?

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Yes it is. Good news for all Georgia fans I guess. There will be two Georgian factions in this mod: The Kingdom of Kartli (Iberia) and Lazica.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

so its like barbarian invasion but better yus!!! hmm i eagerly await this mod

Xanthippus of Sparta's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm excited about this....

Looks great so far.

"The fact is that every war suffers a kind of progressive degradation with every month that it continues, because such things as individual liberty and a truthful press are not compatible with military efficency."
    -George Orwell, in Homage to Catalonia, 1938.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

wow looks amazing, cant wait to play!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

I've been waiting to play this mod for so long and I can't wait any longer! I want to conquer the world with my beloved Sasanians!
    La Garde meurt mais ne se rend pas!

Please be patient... we are working on it

Thank you и Благодаря

Btw folks, we have been mentioned in the most recent Total War Center Podcast. I recommend it

The excited one's Avatar Senator

oh god oh god oh god so this is what you are talking on theres sth new for the page soooo excited but willing to wait
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Lol you totally live up to your name XD

The mod is really Great ! Cheers to all members who work for it

But I have some suggestions for you guys and hope you do not mind those advise.

1. First of all i think the banner of the Sassanid Empire has to be changed - the Old Eagle for Sassanid Persia
    is more historically accurate.

2. the banner for the Kingdom of Kartli is taken from the Colchian tetri (lit. Colchian silver coin) which was actually
    the banner used by Colchians (Kolhida or Colches. Western Georgia. The Kartli is Eastern one) from BC. 6th to 3rd cc. later in the beginning of the 3rd century
    Kingdom of Kartli annexed the Colchian Kingdom. but later in BC 107 Kingdom of Pontus conquered the Colchis.
    After the fall of Kingdom of Pontus the Roman rule was established and later in 2nd century AD the new
    kingdom of Lazica was established under the protection of Roman Empire in order to protect the Roman borders from
    North-East where the North Caucasian step people lived. And this new Kingdom of Lazica established in ca.100
    maintains that they are the successors of mighty Kingdom of Colchis hence Kingdom of Lazica is successor of Colchis
    and has all symbols inherited from Colchis. And Kingdom of Kartli/Iberia has nothing to do with Colchian symbols. Consequently the symbol you have used for
    the Kingdom of Kartli is better to use for the Kingdom of Lazica

3. As for the symbol of Kingdom of Kartli it is better to use the Christian symbols for example so-called ''Bolnuri cross''
    which is kind of national symbol and the Georgian type of cross introduced in the 5th century on the temple of Bolnisi sion (474-494).
    That is why scholars refer is as Bolnuri means from Bolnisi. Some even think that they have found the earlier examples of this cross dated approx.
    to 4th century AD. (Yes, do not use the modern flag of Georgia as it was not in use for 5-6 cc.)
    see the links about ''Bolnuri cross'' (5 c. AD)

http://semioticsjournal.files.wordpr...a1e183981.jpeg
    (this is original ''bolnuri cross'' from Bolnisi Temple with ancient Georgian inscription. Bolnisi, Georgia)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Monastery.jpg
    (this is the same ''Bolnuri cross'' from the Jvari Monastery in Mts'kheta, Georgia)

There are some more examples but i think that is enough.

Good work anyway, keep doing your job guys wish you luck !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JERUSALEM; July 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    The mod is really Great ! Cheers to all members who work for it

But I have some suggestions for you guys and hope you don not mind those advise.

1. First of all i think the banner of the Sassanid Empire has to be changed - the Old Eagle for
    is more historically accurate.

2. the banner for the Kingdom of Kartli is taken from the Colchian tetri (lit. Colchian silver) which was actually
    the banner used by Colchians (Kolhida or Colches) from BC. 6th to 3rd cc. later in the beginning of the 3rd century
    Kingdom of Kartli annexed the Colchian Kingdom. but later in BC 107 Kingdom of Pontus conquered the Colchis
    after the fall of Kingdom of Pontus the Roman rule was established and later in 2nd century AD the new
    kingdom of Lazica was established under the protection of Roman Empire in order to protect the Roman borders from
    North-East where the North Caucasian step people were lived. And this new kingdom of Lazica established in ca.100
    maintains that they are the successors of mighty Kingdom of Colchis hence Kingdom of Lazica is successor of Colchis
    and has all symbols inherited from Colchis and not Kingdom of Kartli/Iberia. consequently the symbol you have used for
    the Kingdom of Kartli is better to use for the Kingdom of Lazica

3. as for the symbol of Kingdom of Kartli it is better to use the Christian symbols for example so-called ''Bolnuri cross''
    which is kind of national symbol and the Georgian type of cross introduced in the 5th century on the temple of Bolnisi sion (474-494).
    That is why scholars refer is as Bolnuri means from Bolnisi. Some even think that they have found the earlier examples of this cross dated approx.
    to 4th century AD. (Yes, do not use the modern flag of Georgia as it was not in use for 5-6 cc.)
    see the links about ''Bolnuri cross'' (5 c. AD)

http://semioticsjournal.files.wordpr...a1e183981.jpeg
    (this is original ''bolnuri cross'' from Bolnisi Temple with ancient Georgian inscription. Bolnisi, Georgia)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Monastery.jpg
    (this is the same ''Bolnuri cross'' from the Jvari Monastery in Mts'kheta, Georgia)

There are some more examples but i think that is enough.

Good work anyway, keep doing your job guys wish you luck !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your advices mate! Our Historians will see that and if needed they will tell us if we must change the faction symbols...

Thanks again...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Always ready to assist you!
    Thank for your reply.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

a very well composed and original preview guys! i gave +rep to Deautchland but it's for everyone of u, really.
    i'm especially pleased that u intend to implement 10 religions, that will add much diversity to the game and make it very accurate. everyone has huge expectations of this mod

Huge expectations ... that is good. But please remember we are aiming for a Beta, a 1.0. Its not that the perfect game falls out of heaven. But we will constantly work to make it better and better, like the TATW team does.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

mmmm can i make greco-roman paganism as the official religion of the roman empire again just like the good old days........
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Yes you can. However expect major rebellions if you do so since the majority of the empire's population was Christian at the time.