Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Default Re: Introduction

is this mod dead or is it going to continue after some time..?

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by albinkhan View Post
    is this mod dead or is it going to continue after some time..?
    Jesus Christ, there was a preview less than a month ago- what more do you want?!

@mod makers

Any circassian tribes or settlements will be in the mod? even if the tribes wasn't added, circassians(adiges) must be in the mod such a detailed one. They have lived in North Caucasus since 6000 BC

tribes of north caucasus: adiges=circassians

western circassians(Abadzeh - Bzhedugh - Yegerukay - Zhaney - Memheg
    Natuhay - Temirgoy - Ubyh - Shabsug - Hatukay) between kuban river and crimea

eastern circassians ( principality of kabarda(kabardins)) east of kuban river

I hope you show signs of the presence of this ancient civilization at least a castle or town.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kabarda View Post
    @mod makers

Any circassian tribes or settlements will be in the mod? even if the tribes wasn't added, circassians(adiges) must be in the mod such a detailed one. They have lived in North Caucasus since 6000 BC

tribes of north caucasus: adiges=circassians

western circassians(Abadzeh - Bzhedugh - Yegerukay - Zhaney - Memheg
    Natuhay - Temirgoy - Ubyh - Shabsug - Hatukay) between kuban river and crimea

eastern circassians ( principality of kabarda(kabardins)) east of kuban river

I hope you show signs of the presence of this ancient civilization at least a castle or town.
    If you can link me to some decent information on them (ie, not Wikipedia, and not nationalistic webpages) I'd be very happy to look into the matter!

Default Re: [East of Rome] Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    Perfect! Eagerly waiting this mod!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Hey guys, what's the update on the Danube Limes campaign?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Hey guys, what's the update on the Danube Limes campaign?
    We almost finished with the unit modelling. After that, only some other small issues and details. We're on a very good point.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [East of Rome] Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    Thanks for your interest, Deus_Vult!

Indeed it will be possible for every faction to change its religion. I will explain how this works in a future preview
    Will there be religious agents that spread the state religion? I hope so!!! Does this mean that if you switch from Christianity to Paganism, the model will change from a Christian priest to a Greco-Roman ephor looking priest? That would be so awesome I hope we still have the religious agent function!!!

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

Unfortunately not, the old Greco-roman religion at this point is very much dying and no amount of preaching is going to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudillo87 View Post
    Unfortunately not, the old Greco-roman religion at this point is very much dying and no amount of preaching is going to bring it back.
    But there will be Christian priests though right? If so do you guys plan on using a more Eastern/Byzantine model for the priest? You guys should use a new model for the priests, look at some Orthodox icons of saints like St Basil and St Gregory, they actually offer quite accurate representations for icons of what pre-schism priest and bishop vestments looked like during the first few centuries of Christianity: simple vestments and robes with cross patterns and a shawl that crosses over the neck. It would be very awesome to have a priest model that looks like St Basil/St Gregory the Great. What is your disposition on that?

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    But there will be Christian priests though right? If so do you guys plan on using a more Eastern/Byzantine model for the priest? You guys should use a new model for the priests, look at some Orthodox icons of saints like St Basil and St Gregory, they actually offer quite accurate representations for icons of what pre-schism priest and bishop vestments looked like during the first few centuries of Christianity: simple vestments and robes with cross patterns and a shawl that crosses over the neck. It would be very awesome to have a priest model that looks like St Basil/St Gregory the Great. What is your disposition on that?
    Is that a yes?

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    Is that a yes?
    We focus actually on the military units. We'll see...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Gameplay wise it would be pretty nice to have priests. I wonder what it's like with a mass priest army converting everybody within turns.... Good thing they got capped in S2TW.

Though no priests in EoR is fine due it being quite game breaking to be able to field hordes of them. I prefer a slow assimilation through the use of neighboring regions gameplay wise and authenticity wise...
    炸鸡

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Gameplay wise it would be pretty nice to have priests. I wonder what it's like with a mass priest army converting everybody within turns.... Good thing they got capped in S2TW.

Though no priests in EoR is fine due it being quite game breaking to be able to field hordes of them. I prefer a slow assimilation through the use of neighboring regions gameplay wise and authenticity wise...
    No no, I am pretty sure EoR will have priests for Christian religions. He was saying "maybe so" to my idea of creating a NEW model to the priests. For instance, Rusichi total war looked freakin awesome if you played it. They totally remodeled the Orthodox priests for the Russian factions, and made them look realistic. Priests looked more like monks, and bishops looked like Russian Orthodox bishops with traditional Russian vestments, and it was very attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    We focus actually on the military units. We'll see...
    Well if you look at Rusichi total war, which has by far the best military units and models, they still managed to focus on the religions. They totally remodeled the Orthodox priests to look like Russian priests with traditional Russian vestments, and even managed to add little monasteries and new religious buildings, etc. Plus, clearly EoR is focusing on religion more than other mods, with its religious diversity, so I would think that EoR would have done the same if not more, adding monasteries and new priests models. It also always disturbed me in vanilla MTW that on the battle map in cities and stuff, models of Orthodox churches or monasteries or anything remotely Byzantine-esque could not be found. Will EoR be the hero?

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post

And I also might add that hordes of priests isn't too unhistorical. When the Byzantines mass converted the slavs, and later the Kiev-Rus', they indeed had a horde of priests mass converting and baptizing all of Vladimir I's serfs, peasants, nobility. Plus, I like having the option of hording priests, I like to play around with that in the game. Still though, the Byzantines are certainly not foreign to mass converting.

Well to be fair the Rusichi guys had a much bigger team so they were able to do more at once, The EoR team isn't nearly as big so that's probably why they're concentrating on the battle aspect rather than the religious aspect right now, while it may seem religiously driven the mod concentrates more on battle. Heck if I remember correctly they were still some way off before they merged with End of Antiquity which allowed them to be able to get to the betaphase. So yeah its probably gonna take some time before they work on other aspects that you would like for them to work on. My suggestion for you would be to do what I am doing, learning to mod. I mean I suck right now but I managed to modify some scripts and implement some submods to mods they are not meant for. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you can learn too and become an active member of this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Well to be fair the Rusichi guys had a much bigger team so they were able to do more at once, The EoR team isn't nearly as big so that's probably why they're concentrating on the battle aspect rather than the religious aspect right now, while it may seem religiously driven the mod concentrates more on battle. Heck if I remember correctly they were still some way off before they merged with End of Antiquity which allowed them to be able to get to the betaphase. So yeah its probably gonna take some time before they work on other aspects that you would like for them to work on. My suggestion for you would be to do what I am doing, learning to mod. I mean I suck right now but I managed to modify some scripts and implement some submods to mods they are not meant for. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you can learn too and become an active member of this mod.
    This i would like very much. Not to brag, but i have some artistic skill that i think could be a useful asset to the team. What i really want to do is learn to create models for buildings and units, so if someone will teach, i will be happy to help!

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Hum, don't take my word for it but I highly doubt that the DL campaign will have priests. Think about it as you would Napoleon Total War, the time frame for Maurikios' Balkans Campaigns (more or less 10 years) is not nearly enough time to convert entire civilizations to Christianity. Take note that in many cases, it was not until the late 19th, early 20th centuries that political and religious authorities finally managed to pull the Slavs "completely" away from various pre-Christian aspects of their civilization. Even then, they survive until this present day in the forms of saints, fairy tales, folklore, etc.

In any regard, it might not be a bad idea to implement into the main Justinian era campaign, but the game is full of various religions. We'd need to find people who could also create priests/shamans/false teachers etc for the various Turkic, Iranian, Slavic, and Arab factions.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Hum, don't take my word for it but I highly doubt that the DL campaign will have priests. Think about it as you would Napoleon Total War, the time frame for Maurikios' Balkans Campaigns (more or less 10 years) is not nearly enough time to convert entire civilizations to Christianity. Take note that in many cases, it was not until the late 19th, early 20th centuries that political and religious authorities finally managed to pull the Slavs "completely" away from various pre-Christian aspects of their civilization. Even then, they survive until this present day in the forms of saints, fairy tales, folklore, etc.

In any regard, it might not be a bad idea to implement into the main Justinian era campaign, but the game is full of various religions. We'd need to find people who could also create priests/shamans/false teachers etc for the various Turkic, Iranian, Slavic, and Arab factions.
    Well yeah, I agree it would be less practical to have a "mass conversion" in the Danube Limes campaign, because the Balkan slavs were not converted by Sts Cyril and Methodius until the 9th century. But, since the church in Byzantium functioned as an arm of the state, there should be some religious agents, with a maximum of like 3 or something. A Byzantine Empire with no church militants would be to miss one of the heads of eagle.