Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normans

Default Normans

wats with the pagan normans or baptized normans?

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Normans

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Juan View Post
    wats with the pagan normans or baptized normans?
    Reach the following conditions for Norman baptised:
    - Occupy the following cities: Cherbourg, Caen, Rouen, Paris
    - At least 30 rounds
    Last edited by Celtichugs123; July 18, 2011 at 04:20 AM.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

I think the question is about the two desktop-symbols which appeared after installation. (besides the normal desktop-symbol)
    I wondered about them as well.
    what are they for?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Ingame solutions for religion change are limited thus you need to run a .bat file to the Norman religion shift when the event will mention it. And change christianity back to paganism when you start a new game.

so i swicthed to pagan normans or stay with baptized normans? if playing normans.

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

So you activate pagan Normans it starts the game... do I start playing from there or do I exit and start a new game with the last kingdom exe ?
    Also, when the Normans become baptized, do I have to save and exit, activate the baptized normans exe and load and play ? Also, do I need to do the switch when playing with other factions as well or just when playing the Normans ?

In general you explain it to yourself

Mostly you play with the pagan normans. You only switch to the baptized icon after you reach the Christianity Event with playing the normans. Playing with other faction you switch back to the pagan symbol and play with the normal exe.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Well I asked logical questions ( i hope )
    I needed confirmation for it was but speculation

wats the date when they give u the option to change from pagan to christianity?

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Do you have to become Christian or can you stay pagan?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    In general you explain it to yourself

Mostly you play with the pagan normans. You only switch to the baptized icon after you reach the Christianity Event with playing the normans. Playing with other faction you switch back to the pagan symbol and play with the normal exe.
    Using those two icons still runs the normal last kingdom.exe, it just switches the files depending on which you click. When you first play the game, just play using the last kingdom. When you need to switch to christianity, click on the icon and it will run the .bat, but switch the files. Those files will be changed to christian any time you run the last kingdom.exe until you switch back to the pagan .bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Juan View Post
    wats the date when they give u the option to change from pagan to christianity?
    at least 30 turns in. If you are 30 turns in and have taken the cities of Cherbourg, Bayeux and Paris, then you may convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    Do you have to become Christian or can you stay pagan?
    You may stay pagan if you wish. (As i do ) You get more powerful, feudal like units if you convert, but I myself prefer the pagan normans - maybe because I'm a pagan myself

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

I think i'll try both some time...
    do the heathan normans get units, that you wouldn't get if you convert as well?

but a question:
    isn't this actually possible to solve with the ingame-engine?
    I don't understand a single bit of programming/modding, but the basis of this conversion is the conversion of Lithuania in the teutonic-campaign, am I right?
    there the religious change is possible without extra-buttons.

(not offending critics, but a question)

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Why not use the Lithuania script to become Christian like Lithuania did in Kingdoms ?

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by mondpeiler View Post
    I think i'll try both some time...
    do the heathan normans get units, that you wouldn't get if you convert as well?
    Yes they do. Their units are similiar to the standard viking units, except they get the "breton axemen" unit.

but a question:
    isn't this actually possible to solve with the ingame-engine?
    I don't understand a single bit of programming/modding, but the basis of this conversion is the conversion of Lithuania in the teutonic-campaign, am I right?
    there the religious change is possible without extra-buttons.

(not offending critics, but a question)
    I do know that there was a religious conversion, but I don't remember the specific details about it. If I remember right, it only GIVES units, not takes them away like this one does.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Just finished great battle at Paris vs Frankish rebels (Norman campaign). It was so exciting that I forgot about screenshots (
    But, I want to say it was really epic!
    It was surprise to see two full Frankish stacks (one of them was hiding), so they attacked me at the first siege turn as well.

It was really hard and challenging (VH/VH), for me it was one of the best MTW battles ever.

So as I sad I have no screens, but I made some schemes:

I had a time to rebuild my units so the second stack was crushed as well )

and the only screen I've made ))

Thanks for the mod!
    Last edited by Avetis; July 21, 2011 at 05:19 AM.

Yes thx for this!
    AND thank you aventis for sharing bro, this is what the community is based about =p

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

We changed more things than the game can handle with scripts. For example bodyguards.

when u change to christianity once u need to start up the game always with the baptised normans? or does it work with the normal kingdom.exe?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jepp View Post
    when u change to christianity once u need to start up the game always with the baptised normans? or does it work with the normal kingdom.exe?
    Just kingdoms.exe, if you start a new game you should run the pagan shortcut before.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    Just kingdoms.exe, if you start a new game you should run the pagan shortcut before.
    Ok... now for the stupids, like me

At first, I start the "pagan normans.exe", exit the game, than I start the "last kingdom.exe" start a new game, capture the two citys beside Roun, and finally Paris. Than I get a message, if I would convert to the christian religion. I accept, save and exit the game. And than I have to start the "baptized.exe", exit the game and start the "last kingdom. exe" again? Or is that the wrong turn^^?

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast