Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RULE BRITANNIA: Mod Overview

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/4/11

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    I did that, I let a game 5-10 minutes to create a map, and then game crushed . My next question is have to create a log ? sry for my ignorance
    That's no problem--here to help. So, let's walk through this. First, go into data/world/maps/base. Find the map.rwm file and toss it in the trash since you have crashed. We'll try and make our next start nice and clean.

You will find your log in In SEGA/Medieval II Total War/logs.

If you get another crash, open this log file, copy what it says, and paste it here. This hopefully will give me an idea what's going wrong.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Supersport's Avatar Laetus

I delete the map, but I have problem with a log . I can't find it in folder of medival total war... I create one, and after the game crushed, I didn't have anything in it. What should I do?

game seems to crash when cannon foundry is completed

Michael. In your SEGA folder there is the M2TW game folder. Inside THIS folder is the LOGS folder. PLEASE... Open up the log file, copy what it says, and paste that here. Without this information there really is nothing I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Michael. In your SEGA folder there is the M2TW game folder. Inside THIS folder is the LOGS folder. PLEASE... Open up the log file, copy what it says, and paste that here. Without this information there really is nothing I can do.
    i checked a dozen times there is nothing in there

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    i checked a dozen times there is nothing in there

The only thing I can guess then is that there is something wrong with the mod's instillation; it happens sometimes. I suggest you uninstall Rule_Britannia, remove any left-over RB items manually, and then re-install. Remember to use the latest patch linked at the top of the document.

Icon5 Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/4/11

16:52:57.540 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:52:57.541 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    16:52:57.545 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:52:57.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:52:57.547 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:52:57.548 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:52:57.549 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:54:33.477 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rule_britannia/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 348, column 26
    Model database failed to load model models_strat/pagan_priest.cas.
    16:54:33.910 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

To BrunoHassan: You need to load the patch. This error typically occurs when the "Teutonic" campaign is not unpacked. The current patch (right under the main download) should add the missing file and a few other important items.

After some research I have decided to make the "Chavs" a playable faction in the next release of Rule Britannia. Any recommendations for a coat of arms? I was thinking the Adidas logo.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

I had to look that up haha. Go for it man.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

I made the Jewish pip look like the other pips and slightly increased its size in the picture.

Vegas_Bear
    Last edited by Vegas_Bear; August 21, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

That's no problem--here to help. So, let's walk through this. First, go into data/world/maps/base. Find the map.rwm file and toss it in the trash since you have crashed. We'll try and make our next start nice and clean.

You will find your log in In SEGA/Medieval II Total War/logs.

If you get another crash, open this log file, copy what it says, and paste it here. This hopefully will give me an idea what's going wrong.
    It seems that my computer hides some files from me, I barely find log file . Same thing happend with file 'saves', I couldn' find it in designated folder , but I find it when I used search option for hole disk -.- .

10:53:02.848 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:53:02.851 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    10:53:02.909 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:53:02.938 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:53:02.973 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:53:03.009 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:53:03.043 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:53:03.044 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:53:10.491 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    10:53:10.546 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    10:53:10.570 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found
    10:56:58.407 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rule_britannia/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 348, column 26
    10:57:00.342 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

It seems that my computer hides some files from me, I barely find log file . Same thing happend with file 'saves', I couldn' find it in designated folder , but I find it when I used search option for hole disk -.- .

10:53:02.848 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:53:02.851 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    10:53:02.909 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:53:02.938 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:53:02.973 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:53:03.009 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:53:03.043 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:53:03.044 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:53:10.491 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    10:53:10.546 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    10:53:10.570 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found
    10:56:58.407 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/rule_britannia/data/descr_model_strat.txt, at line 348, column 26
    10:57:00.342 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    You need to install the patch, available in the first post.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    You need to install the patch, available in the first post.
    I did that, still the same .

I did that, still the same .
    I will assume you are using vista of 7 since you mention the computer hiding things from you. Go into Control Panels and activate "Show hidden files and Folders" (or something there abouts) in th folder options (Think you'll fin it in the "classic" section off to the left).

Now go into your user folder and you will find "AppData" folder. It will be lighter than normal folders because the machine normally hides this from you.

From here we locate the "Virtual Store": "User"/AppData/Local/VirtualStore. Inside this there is a copy of your Medieval folder. Combine THESE items with the regular Medieval folder in programs and throw away the remains.

Now Right-click on your MAIN Medieval folder and bring up "properties" and select the "security" tab. mark "full access" and disable Read Only. This may take several minutes to go through.

You have just turned-off the virtual store for Medieval and life with mods will be FAR easier for you. The VS is a protective program and puts all files that get changed for an application (save files, etc) in a separate place so you always have good copies of them. A good feature but invented after M2TW and the game doesn't like it.

You should have far fewer problems with the game in general now.

Really hope this helps.

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/5/11

Patch Updated 8/5/11

I will assume you are using vista of 7 since you mention the computer hiding things from you. Go into Control Panels and activate "Show hidden files and Folders" (or something there abouts) in th folder options (Think you'll fin it in the "classic" section off to the left).

Now go into your user folder and you will find "AppData" folder. It will be lighter than normal folders because the machine normally hides this from you.

From here we locate the "Virtual Store": "User"/AppData/Local/VirtualStore. Inside this there is a copy of your Medieval folder. Combine THESE items with the regular Medieval folder in programs and throw away the remains.

Now Right-click on your MAIN Medieval folder and bring up "properties" and select the "security" tab. mark "full access" and disable Read Only. This may take several minutes to go through.

You have just turned-off the virtual store for Medieval and life with mods will be FAR easier for you. The VS is a protective program and puts all files that get changed for an application (save files, etc) in a separate place so you always have good copies of them. A good feature but invented after M2TW and the game doesn't like it.

You should have far fewer problems with the game in general now.

Really hope this helps.
    Thank you for your help, but the game still crushes . It seems that I will quit with trying to play it

Thank you for your help, but the game still crushes . It seems that I will quit with trying to play it
    Sorry you're having so much trouble. A new version should be out in another week or two. Give it a try then.

NEW PATCH ADDED: HERE 8/6/11 This should be the final patch before the main mod download is updated.

My game just crashed when I tryed to load my Baron's Alliance game. Here is the log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:30:58.175 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:30:58.191 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:31:17.136 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I haven't downloaded the latest patch yet though so I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit: That saved game still won't load but i started a new campaign which has been working perfectly so far with the newest patch.
    Last edited by Kaiser Leonidas; August 06, 2011 at 12:07 PM.