Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RULE BRITANNIA: Mod Overview

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Now Available for Download!

game now crashes after turn 94

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    game now crashes after turn 94
    Post your log if you want some help.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Post your log if you want some help.
    its like i said the game crashes after turn 94

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    its like i said the game crashes after turn 94
    Ya I got that, but will need a bit more. Look in your MEII folder and you should see a folder that says Log. In there should be a file, post its contents and we should be able to see why you are having an issue.

Once the mod is known to be a little more stable, I'll release some custom battle locations. These will be based upon the map coordinates of the settlements, as well as interesting places that may or may not appear to be unique from the campaign map. As many of you have found out from fighting through the battles, there are significant differences between the appearance of the campaign map versus the actual appearance on the battle map.

These custom locations will allow you to set up "what if?" scenarios on each of those places. Realize that the terrain will look significantly different based upon the base of any battlemap model placed upon it, versus a regular field battle. The real terrain may have significant elevation changes that are changed as a result of any fortification placed upon it. A battlemap model is the fortification of either fort, castle, or city structure.

Note that the special forts that Rule Britannica uses are not utilized within the custom battle menu. So when if I make the custom battle location to be one of the special stone forts strewn through the campaign map, the actual special fort cannot be called up within the custom battle menu. Someone could create some special custom battles and do that, if they have the energy.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

I've looked through the CS and events files. There is nothing specific about turn 94 (or any turn close to it) that should be a problem. Post the log report as y2day suggested and I can look into it further.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    I've looked through the CS and events files. There is nothing specific about turn 94 (or any turn close to it) that should be a problem. Post the log report as y2day suggested and I can look into it further.
    it like i said after turn 94 it crashes, i tried loading from earlier points but i got the same result

Hey there Hoss, do everyone a favor and post your log file. Look in the directory that MTW2 is in, and there is a \log directory. When a mod shuts down, a log is stored based upon the cfg file of the mod. That log gives the mod team a way to trace the issue and then issue a patch. Be part of the solution and help. Just telling the turn doesn't isolate the issue enough to locate the problem. Maybe it's just bad luck that it happens on turn 94. Maybe it's a totally separate issue than being turn based.

People work really for hundreds sometimes thousands of hours for the benefit of players to freely offer mod material for your enjoyment. Help out a little.

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

What a shame i got download limit exceeded for megaupload and its just a 2mb patch, ah well still downloading the main file =]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    What a shame i got download limit exceeded for megaupload and its just a 2mb patch, ah well still downloading the main file =]
    I also have the mod and patch on the downloads section here. the full mod is just a link to megaupload but I think I uploaded the patch directly here since it was small. check it out.

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Here are some skins for ireland and welsh priests. They were using the lithuania one before.

Vegas_Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Bear View Post
    Here are some skins for ireland and welsh priests. They were using the lithuania one before.

Vegas_Bear
    Nice, these are going into the next patch!

Patch download updated: 8/4/11

Supersport's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Newest Patch: 8/4/11

Hi! I am new here and I have some difficulties with installation of this mod and I am asking someone to describe me the process of installation, what to do first, because I really want to play this mod .

Rakki Raiden's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    Hi! I am new here and I have some difficulties with installation of this mod and I am asking someone to describe me the process of installation, what to do first, because I really want to play this mod .

Well, when i install a mod because i have steam i install it into:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Rule_Britannia

I then add it to an app i installed off of this site called "Kingdoms launcher app" which allows me to pick it on the launcher menu, if you don't have the Kingdoms launcher app you can back up the Britannia campaign and rename this mod Britannia so and then pick Britannia and it should run. That is for steam only.

I suspect if you don't have steam, install the mod in med 2 mod folder still and click the .bat to launch it.

I hope that helps
    Last edited by Rakki Raiden; August 04, 2011 at 05:35 AM.

1) Download: At the top of the main page in this thread you will find the main "DOWNLOAD" link and the "PATCH" link. Download both.

2) Main Mod Installation: The installer for the main mod will put everything where it needs to go in your M2TW mods folder, there should be no problems there. Just double-click on the installer and confirm as you go.

3) Install the Patch: Open the patch folder.

You will find a "data" folder in the patch: This folder, and all the folders in it, correspond to folders in mods/Rule_Britannia/data.

Put the items in the patch data folder in the exact same places in the Rule_Britannia mod folder, overwriting them as needed.

4) Senseless Violence: Begin a new game and start hurting people.

thanx . I installed the game before, as you said, so I didnt done some big errors with installation . But why when I open the mod and I choose nation and click start the game, my computer freeze ??? Maybe because I installed mod and then I unpacked britannia and teutonic campaign ??

thanx . I installed the game before, as you said, so I didnt done some big errors with installation . But why when I open the mod and I choose nation and click start the game, my computer freeze ??? Maybe because I installed mod and then I unpacked britannia and teutonic campaign ??
    The first time you launch the game it has to create a new map file. If you give it a bit it should take off. Depending on your computer it make take up to a few minutes. So try again and be patient and if you are still having issues post your log file and someone will be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakki Raiden View Post
    Well, when i install a mod because i have steam i install it into:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Rule_Britannia

I then add it to an app i installed off of this site called "Kingdoms launcher app" which allows me to pick it on the launcher menu, if you don't have the Kingdoms launcher app you can back up the Britannia campaign and rename this mod Britannia so and then pick Britannia and it should run. That is for steam only.

I suspect if you don't have steam, install the mod in med 2 mod folder still and click the .bat to launch it.

I hope that helps
    While renaming the original mods that come with Kingdoms will no doubt work, it's not recommended if you download lots of mods. You can end up with some screwed up mod installations since they pull from those directories.

It's a tad more trouble, but using the Kingdoms launcher app (Squid made it, I think?) works well. See: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353922

It's not too difficult to do a regedit, and a good place to begin. You simply run regedit, search for a mod already on the launcher, and duplicate it. By the way, Rule Britannia is brilliant since it already does this for you, so it's very Steam friendly. You don't have to do anything other than install it. No renaming, no regedit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    The first time you launch the game it has to create a new map file. If you give it a bit it should take off. Depending on your computer it make take up to a few minutes. So try again and be patient and if you are still having issues post your log file and someone will be happy to help.

I did that, I let a game 5-10 minutes to create a map, and then game crushed . My next question is have to create a log ? sry for my ignorance