Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RULE BRITANNIA: Mod Overview

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Now Available for Download!

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Post what you log is saying so I can track down the problem. Most difficulties seem to be related to whether Teutonic is unpacked. Have you downloaded the hotfix linked at the top?
    its like i said, after i defeat wales it crashes just when the scottish are making their move and i don't know why

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Lord View Post
    I seem to have the same UI issue that Ixor_Drakar has but I can't find the files that you said to copy from the Britannia folder.
    data/ui: battle.sd, shared.sd, and strategy.sd. Britannia needs to be unpacked to get at them.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    its like i said, after i defeat wales it crashes just when the scottish are making their move and i don't know why
    Look in your M2:TW main folder, open a folder called "logs" and copy/paste the contents of the file there so he can see what the problem is.

there is nothing in this folder

there is nothing in this folder
    "Nothing" as in the log reports no problem or nothing as in there is no log? If it's the latter your installation in screwed-up.

Hey man, maybe the best thing to do is issue a new installation program. I unpacked using Gigantus tool to unpack to a special unpack directory since that is WAY safer than screwing up the MTW2 installation. I found that out the hard way. Most people do not unpack, don't know what unpacking means, and the idea of unpacking to make a mod work will greatly reduce your audience.

During any beta period, these kinds of issues come up. You've got the logging turned on correctly in the cfg file for your mod, but doesn't the main cfg override the mod cfg? So in other words, won't errors probably NOT show up in the logs since most people don't have them turned on in the main cfg file?

data/ui: battle.sd, shared.sd, and strategy.sd. Britannia needs to be unpacked to get at them.
    Sorry if I'm being a bit of an idiot but how do I unpack Britannia?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Lord View Post
    Sorry if I'm being a bit of an idiot but how do I unpack Britannia?
    No problem. Go into "Tools" in your main M2TW folder and you will find the unpacker. It will have several launchers for unpacking various elements. Make a point of going through the ReadMe first as there are special instructions that must be followed to avoid having your game crash when entering battles.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Hey man, maybe the best thing to do is issue a new installation program. I unpacked using Gigantus tool to unpack to a special unpack directory since that is WAY safer than screwing up the MTW2 installation. I found that out the hard way. Most people do not unpack, don't know what unpacking means, and the idea of unpacking to make a mod work will greatly reduce your audience.

During any beta period, these kinds of issues come up. You've got the logging turned on correctly in the cfg file for your mod, but doesn't the main cfg override the mod cfg? So in other words, won't errors probably NOT show up in the logs since most people don't have them turned on in the main cfg file?
    I'm hoping to hold out a little with a new installer--get some of the bugs shaken out first--but it may come to that soon. Regarding the log--honestly I'm not sure HOW that works. I was under the impression that if you launched from a mod then ITS cfg was what mattered since the "use first" command is inherent. I'll check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post

it also crashes when i defeat ireland

Thanks for the help with the unpacking, the game is now working fine and I'm doing a campaign as the Baron's Alliance. So far the mod seems really good and a great improvment on the original Kindoms Britannia game.

NEW PATCH: HERE.

As mikiep1031 has discovered, a historic event is missing that will cause a ctd when certain factions are eliminated. This new patch fixes all the previous problems plus this one.
    Last edited by AJStoner; August 02, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

In the next verison of RB maybe we can expand the map a little more and add some new stuff

In the next verison of RB maybe we can expand the map a little more and add some new stuff
    An expanded map is already on the todo lsit for version 2.

An expanded map is already on the todo lsit for version 2.
    how long til they release verison two

how long til they release verison two
    A bit; I'm just learning to map. I also want to get this version working perfectly before I can really start adding any new stuff in earnest. As you discovered for yourself, there are still bugs to work out with this version.

I DO like the enthusiasm though!

A bit; I'm just learning to map. I also want to get this version working perfectly before I can really start adding any new stuff in earnest. As you discovered for yourself, there are still bugs to work out with this version.

I DO like the enthusiasm though!
    i have some ideas for the next verison like a full map of france along with brittania with a bit of denmark and spain and some other factions

only thing i didn't like about this mod was how you couldn't attack the french capital or the church capital

i hope the next verison will be completely stable and fun

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

i hope the next verison will be completely stable and fun
    You should watch your double/triple posting my friend.

AJStoner did this mod himself (his first I think), released it in the WIP section without any beta testing at all. The mod scripting content is very advanced and he has done a lot of work. I think the few things that have been issues are nothing major, just some missing files because of a common modder's mistake. AJS has the expansions unpacked so his install runs without any problems. He has released a patch with in a day or so that addressed this. He has done one hell of a job, so much so that I have nominated him for the Artifex badge. I think it is really fun and from what I can tell by playing over 50 turns that it is extremely stable considering it wasn't really tested by anyone but AJS as far as I know.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER