Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RULE BRITANNIA: Mod Overview

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Re: Rule Britannia--Now Available for Download!

That is why I have had no problem. I have the Teutonic expansion unpacked.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Thanks to the fix I was able to get into the game. But the UI is messed up for me.
    After downloading this 3 times it cant just be bad luck with files not getting through. From the log.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found

Edit: Just looked in the UI folder and all 3 files are right there, now im really confused.
    Last edited by Ixor_Drakar; August 01, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

That's weird. Don't know what to tell you there, I never touched the sd files. The ones from Britannia should do as replacements since they were unaltered, try copying them and dropping them in.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Copied the files and now everything is fine, something must have gotten corrupted on my end. Now I can sit down and enjoy your mod.

Hotfix works perfectly, am really really excited to finally play this mod! Thanks for all your help AJ, and for your fix, IVIark2I; have some rep, both of you.

Even when it wasn't working, I was so happy to just open up this mod because I LOVE that menu track, Dream of Albion, so much. Can't wait to try it out!

Two little tiny nitpicks though. First, I think you have a typo in the campaign_descriptions.txt file (missing space between 'of' and 'England' and also, Shrewsbury is the English capital when I got the game running, it might have something to do with all the files getting messed around with, but I'd just double check your end to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Thanks to the fix I was able to get into the game. But the UI is messed up for me.
    After downloading this 3 times it cant just be bad luck with files not getting through. From the log.
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    16:22:38.038 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found

Edit: Just looked in the UI folder and all 3 files are right there, now im really confused.
    This looks like the classic UI error that occurs when the main game is packed and the mod is not.

There are several fixes (including unpacking the main game) but it should work if the SD files in the mod folder are also present in .xml format.
    Last edited by The Bruce; August 01, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

I'm downloading now, should I download the fix patch as well just incase?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Lord View Post
    I'm downloading now, should I download the fix patch as well just incase?
    if u dont have teutonic unpacked than you need hotfix

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by The Bruce View Post
    This looks like the classic UI error that occurs when the main game is packed and the mod is not.

There are several fixes (including unpacking the main game) but it should work if the SD files in the mod folder are also present in .xml format.
    Yeah there weren't any .xml files in the ui folder so that was the issue.

Glad people are enjoying and thanks again to you, IVlark121 (I still have no idea what your damn screen name is because the "l" "I" and "1"'s all look the same in that font!) for figuring out that weird unpacking issue--never heard of that before.

List any issues here guys as I hope to have an update patch out in a month or so once all the problems have been shaken out.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

This would be a nice addition to your mod: Cog Warship

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    This would be a nice addition to your mod: Cog Warship
    Oh, this is wonderful! Goes into the update, I really love your resources too. One of the issues I've had with RB is getting resources to show up as intended so that's one of the things I'm working on now.

This looks fabulous.I love all the roleplay elements for the player to determine their fate more through making choices versus blindly fumbling around to see how things pan out from building things in the tech tree and seeing how this affects the fate of characters through traits. That said, are you randomly letting the AI get some of these roleplay elements, or simply assigning them? I'm downloading it to check it out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    ... are you randomly letting the AI get some of these roleplay elements, or simply assigning them?
    It's a mixed bag there. Some are faction-specific, many are open (at least in some form) to all. Where possible, there are random accept triggers. Some things, like events that allow new building types, the AI gets a pass on since the AI needs all the help it can get.

the game is crashing randomly at different turns

can you make a patch or something that fixes this problem

I seem to have the same UI issue that Ixor_Drakar has but I can't find the files that you said to copy from the Britannia folder.

Log
    12:52:59.419 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    12:52:59.420 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    12:52:59.420 [data.missing] [error] mods/rule_britannia/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found

Screenshots

game crashes after i defeat Wales

It looks very interesting. There's some funny elements in there, which I won't go into since I don't want to spoil it for regular players. There's certainly a wealth of information in there about scripting, and it would make a great tutorial about your thought process, goals, and methodology. I like the traits added and certainly the role play elements are very interesting. You've made taking the territories very hard given the newly arrived recruited army to counterattack. Well done.

Can't see a reason Calais cannot be taken though. I figured you changed the map ground types to make a beach landing impossible. Surely you can take Calais with an army unless you did something special. Once it's stable, you should request moving it to the regular mod areas.

Good luck with your book by the way. I think it's perfectly fair to include it in your signature. Eothese did that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiep1031 View Post
    game crashes after i defeat Wales

Post what you log is saying so I can track down the problem. Most difficulties seem to be related to whether Teutonic is unpacked. Have you downloaded the hotfix linked at the top?