Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New ROP Beta release

Default Old ROP Beta - RTW 1.2

New ROP Beta release

We are glad to announce the new version of our public beta, which fixes everything mentioned by the community. Our most important fix is the CTD which occurred on the fourth turn, which probably was a memory leak of some sort, caused by the units. We don't know the exact cause, but more importantly we have tested it and didn't run into any CTDs at all with this version. Also, the empty cities, which were obviously too easy to conquer, now are filled with armies. A summary of our complete changelog is added in this post.

Like the last time, we initially host the beta on our own website. In the following hours, some mirrors will be added. And we've made a torrent.

Install Instructions:

-Download the beta:

Rise of Persia 1.1 beta, Torrent

[Packed 43 MB, unpacked 160 MB]

-Downloaded the beta before March 25'th? Then download this Hotfix:
    Rise of Persia 1.11 Hotfix
    [120 KB]

-Install to either your previous ROP beta installation or a fresh RTW 1.2 installation.

-Start a new campaign and have fun

Don't forget to register at our forums at http://www.riseofpersia.com/forums and keep us updated on your experiences; what can be improved, what's good etc.

Fixes and changes:

v1.1:
    -CTD after fourth turn fixed
    -Unnatural behaviour in battle of many units fixed
    -Faction names fixed
    -Empty rebel cities are now filled
    -Placement of armies is now correct
    -Recruitment of AOR and Placeholder units fixed
    -Statistics of units rebalanced
    -Optimized models to make the battles run smoother

v1.11:
    -Siege Bug fixed
    -Menu fixed
    -Unit Descriptions fixed
    -Several animation sets changed
    -Some region and settlement names updated
    Last edited by Nero666; June 08, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Cool. I've just made a fresh copy of 1.2 just for a new mod...nice one guys
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Ahem, campaign map bug should read 'model bloat bug'

God damn i downlaoded our test one without my stats rebalanced. Now i have to do it again!

Great work on the coding and fixing all around. Special thanks to Nero666 Spurius and Goscino whos technical expertise made this problem pass far faster than i could imagine

You don't have to give me credit, I didn't do anything this time, exams and such; all credit goes to Spurius and Nero :wink:
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

i was fairly sure i saw your name on the beta re working checklist as a contributor. besides you re optimised the models as well.... not to mention you made them

Interesting...I've installed as instructed, over 1.2 (o' course), yet I have no menu and clicking on the right spaces CTD's...hmmm. I'll try meddling some.

ALAS! my meddling has turned up nil yet! I shall delve deeper methinks.
    Last edited by Stalins Ghost; March 22, 2006 at 02:59 PM.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

good job, i am glad that ROP is moving foward

hmm mine works like a dream, have you got -show err on?. i don't know why im asking it will only be Spurius/Nero who can help

Indeed I have, but unfortunatly, it's not actually bringing up any dialog box. I'm gonna try re-copying my directory again I think.

Still no luck. I think this is a localised incident though...it's not a usual bug anyway. We'll have to wait and see if anyone else gets it.
    Last edited by Stalins Ghost; March 22, 2006 at 03:28 PM.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

That sounds pretty weird StalinsGhost, no menu. There are changes to the menu; the Quick battle and Prologue have been deleted from it. You should use the Rise of Persia campaign obviously. If it's not there, I don't know what to do. You should have first_time_play on false though to play the campaign, like with all mods. Should've mentioned that.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Quote Originally Posted by Stalins Ghost
    Indeed I have, but unfortunatly, it's not actually bringing up any dialog box. I'm gonna try re-copying my directory again I think.

Still no luck. I think this is a localised incident though...it's not a usual bug anyway. We'll have to wait and see if anyone else gets it.
    I am experiencing the same problem. First time play is set to false. I installed over old copy of ROP, and then tried with a fresh copy of RTW 1.2. No change.

YT, Scorpion

Sweet! The only problem is that there are no seeds on bit torrent. Which means I'll have to eat into someone's bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    I am experiencing the same problem. First time play is set to false. I installed over old copy of ROP, and then tried with a fresh copy of RTW 1.2. No change.

YT, Scorpion

Same here. No menu. Something definately wrong.

Well guys i know for a fact the actual beta works just fine and dandy. this is a little problem spurius/nero can wrangle in no time.

right guys?

SAme problem here

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

glad to hear you are working so quick!!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

My game so far has been fine. No menu problem that others speak of.

...however I have found I get a CTD whenever I try to attack Larissa as Athens. Going to do a fresh install and see if that helps solve it.
    Last edited by Aismov; March 22, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

"My game so far has been fine. No menu problem that others speak of."

thats confusing, how do errors not become universal if the coding is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by rez
    "My game so far has been fine. No menu problem that others speak of."

thats confusing, how do errors not become universal if the coding is the same?
    You'd think so. I just downloaded RoP and installed it over a completely fresh version of RTW, but none of my menu options are there either. It's a shame, I was looking forward to playing this

Edit: I just tried replacing the data\menu and data\loading_screen folders with those from Vanilla, with no luck. I've tried running with and without the -nm command in the shortcut, again no change. Anyone else had any luck?

Edit 2: found the problem. If you have a copy of Vanilla somewhere, find the data\text folder and copy the menu_english.txt file to the same folder in your RoP directory. Haven't checked everything (just loaded the game to see if it worked), but it should work if you're having menu problems...
    Last edited by Cheexsta; March 22, 2006 at 10:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast