Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1439545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1415

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

hi i got a problem with the game i have mt2 gold with kingdoms installed but i always have a crash with the jarldom of hordaland in the year 873 and happens when its the normandy turn any ideas? and yes i applied the 3.06 patch and the quickfix too i reload the savegame and crash could be the save be corrupt? cant post a log cause for some reason my game doesnt have any log files????

The log should be in the main M2 folder. -> D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Turn off FOW and see what happens during Normandy's turn that causes the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The log should be in the main M2 folder. -> D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Turn off FOW and see what happens during Normandy's turn that causes the crash.
    there is no logs on the log folder and its just that faction i played with others and everything seems right it gets beyond 873 no more crashes i guess the jarldom is kaput.

Maybe you didn't install the hotfix after all. Very strange, as I had no problems with Hordaland.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Maybe you didn't install the hotfix after all. Very strange, as I had no problems with Hordaland.
    ok anyway very "helpful" info didnt installed the hotfix aha

Hi All ! I Have a big problem, and i searched since 3 or 4 days on the web, but i can't find an answer. Indeed, 4 days ago, I had installed the mod "The last Kingdom" for Medieval II. I followed all the instruction to install this file, but something is wrong. When i try to launch the application "The last Kingdom" from my desktop, the game try to start but immediatly say this message:

"odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what. I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now."

I have already searched on the forum, but nothing helped me Also in Page 25, there is this answer to the same problem:

The first log was the correct one, but you will need to change the setting in the mod's CFG file from error to trace. Open the file with Notepad and look for this lines:

#level = * trace ## detailed error log
    level = * error ## regular error log

move the hash ( # ) from the trace line to the error line
    I have already done that but i have the same problem than before. So can someone help me ? I give you the logs and the .Cfg folder [...] I don't know if it's important but i have windows 8.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you installed everything correctly? Was Kingdoms patched to 1.05? Have you tried reinstalling?

What is the CFG file mean?

What do you mean? What does it do? It controls various options of the game.

croninsdisease's Avatar Laetus

So does anyone have a clue if the installation issue regarding the music error has been resolved yet? I can't install the game as it fails due to some music .dat issue? Please advise if there has been. Thanks!

I remember that being mentioned before, but I don't remember what the solution was. Have you tried reinstalling or redownloading?

Miles

I have windows 8 and when ever i click on the last kingdom it cannot find kingdoms.exe do you know how to fix this.it is also on steam

Did you do a search before posting? Why not?

Hi, I got a crash problem.
    My OS is Win7, M2TW is GOLD, and the mod is v3.06. Using the music pack but no other submod.

I am playing short campaign as Denmark, and around year 905, the Magyar has appeared.
    I have once beat them before they occupy any city on the map, and in that fight, I killed their general (maybe he was a King or Price of the faction? I forgot to check it).
    They retreated away to east, and occupied Jumne (it was Rebel's city). So I siege the city, and after 2 turns, 911 winter, they surrendered.
    Jumne became mine and no Magyars left on the map. I clicked Jumne, then the problem have caused. CTD.

I loaded my data, and tested several things.
    1st) Click Jumne while the siege. This was safe, I could know their units in the window.
    2nd) After 1 turn of the siege, assault and win the battle. This didn't help, same crash happened when I click Jumne after the battle.
    3rd) Lift the siege, and attempt my spy in the city. This caused the crash too. In this way, CTD caused when I attempt the spy successfully, even I have not start the battle.

I can't even guess the cause of the problem. Any other part of the game is going fine, and really love this mod.
    Any solution?

My solution involves reading the instructions, specifically the ones outlined in post #3.

Kingdoms is updated to 1.05?

hmm... I followed the post; changed CFG file, play until the crash. But no file had appeared in the logs folder. Strange...

BTW, yes. Kingdoms is 1.05.

And I had two things forgot to say;
    First, when I get the crash, 'Odin help us!' message have popped.
    Second, to be exact, problem is not just a simple crash. Window of the game goes black-out, and only can close it using Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

There is no log in the log folder in the "mods" folder or in the TLK folder?

I keep getting a frozen screen when I try to start a campaign..I remember I posted about it before, but no logs were created, this time there are since I'm on a different PC.M2TW.system.log.txt

Did you wait for the map to be generated?

Im ging to freak out. I have the corrupt sound\music file. Ive read the posts I could find about it and it basically says to redownload. Ive done that 7 times and it is still occurring. The files are in the same location and im downloading to the correct place but still nothing. is their a post I missed that would help me a little better? or better yet, can anyone help walk me through this like the dummy I am? I run windows 8 with shiny new patched med2 and kingdoms from steam bought today.