Page 1 of 71 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Bug (Reports) & Technical problems

Requirements to make a bugreport:
    1. Having installed accurate after the instructions. Check it again eventually if you have game start issues.
    2. No custom modding, means, you play the mod without your own changes or additions from third-party mods.

Known Issues & Bugs:

- Some settlements and regions contain spelling mistakes and gramatical errors (i.e Scottish settlements)
    We are working to sorting these mistakes.
    - Sometimes when in combat a General will be 'stuck' in combat and remain fighting even if his unit has been withdrawn or routed. This mainly happens with the AI armies, but does happen with player controlled army also. We are hoping to correct this issue shortly, however we are unsure what is causing this problem.
    - The Great Heathen Army, a Danish fleet with various troops, will not attack England as intended. Instead the AI will disembark the troops in Denmark. In the coming patches or versions we hope to have the Great Heathen Army scripted when the Kingdom of Denmark is controlled by the AI.
    - Some of the Accents are a little miss-matched. Such as the Welsh, Irish and AI-Viking Faction.
    - There is a random Menu crash, however this is a Vanilla issue and cannot be resolved. Fortunately, this crash is very, very rare!

Please feel free to come forward with any bugs or issues you find regarding gameplay! It makes our lives much easier and the issues will get resolved quicker!

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems

About the install

- "into one directory" question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesl View Post
    What does this mean by "into one directory"? I've download the three files but I'm not sure if I have done it right. I have not use the mod where I have to download the files separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeur de Lion View Post
    I made a new folder on my desktop and put them all into it. Then run the installer. 'One directory' means that they all have the same file-path
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post
    Aha, I see now. Yes all files must be downloaded into the same folder or place or whatever. So long as they have the same path!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesl View Post
    Thanks. I put them on the desktop (not in the folder), I guess it will still work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    About the 'one directory' question: when you download, use the same directory for all three parts. Most users have a preferred directory (mine is C:\Users\[username]\Downloads) or use the desktop. As long as all three parts are in one place\directory the installation will work.
    Attached a screenshot on how to set a custom directory in Firefox.

----------------------------------------------

Last edited by danova; July 17, 2011 at 06:54 AM.

How to prepare your log for submission:

• Open the mod's CFG file with Notepad and change the log entry to look like this:

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    ;level = * error
    level = * trace
    • Start your game again until you get the crash.
    • Locate your log, it is here: C:\...\Medieval II Total War\logs\M2TW.system.log.txt
    • Compress the log with a utility like 7Zip
    • Attach the compressed file by using the 'Go Advanced' button on top of the reply window, then choose 'Manage Attachments' to attach the log.
    • Add a detailed description about your crash (when it happened, eg battle or clicking a button)
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 11, 2011 at 09:34 PM.

Installing over a previous version

Please follow this tutorial as from step 3 onward before submitting error logs if you have previously installed an older version:

How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 13, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

Reserved - daNova

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

I have an issue with the installation.

It says

File corrupt or unreadable
    mods\last_kingdom\data\unit_models\generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\rebel_captain_norm.texture

And that I have to install it again to copletly install LTK. Whats wrong with it? ANy ideas?

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Hm, I've seen somthing similar but with other mods. It's usually the case that the Download was corrupted, but that's a very specific file (As opposed to the entire EXE being unreadable).

I'd suggest reDownloading and reinstalling, if that doesn't work report back!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Ill try that

Quote Originally Posted by Tutitutitu View Post
    I have an issue with the installation.

It says

File corrupt or unreadable
    mods\last_kingdom\data\unit_models\generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\rebel_captain_norm.texture

And that I have to install it again to copletly install LTK. Whats wrong with it? ANy ideas?
    I think maybe damage some files when you downloading or installing...

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

standard issue. try running the exe as admin (on 7 and vista)

I don't know if this is a bug or the feature is just not implendet yet. Has the mod special "The last Kingdome" Music ingame like the fantastice title in the main menu or just the vanilla stuff? I ask this cause i hear only the old vanilla songs.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

it has fantastic music yes

I have windows xp so that cant be the problem but I think that i might have found the problem. I installed medival just for this mod again and i didnt patch it to 1.05 yet so maybe thats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or the feature is just not implendet yet. Has the mod special "The last Kingdome" Music ingame like the fantastice title in the main menu or just the vanilla stuff? I ask this cause i hear only the old vanilla songs.
    We have new music. I am unsure why you are hearing Vanilla music, very, very odd

Edit: Aha you mean in Campaign, sorry! No we have vanilla music for campaign, in-battle music. New music for Menu's however.

I have windows xp so that cant be the problem but I think that i might have found the problem. I installed medival just for this mod again and i didnt patch it to 1.05 yet so maybe thats the problem.
    This may be the issues, yes, however I am un convinced and remain that the issue is probably a corrupt file Download. Remember to install Kingdoms Expansion!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

The main menu is Asgath's job. The campaign ingame is original music from the Kingdoms Britannia Campaign.

Okey than is everything okey. I like his music, maybe there will be more ingame in future

And a new thing i noticed in other mods before. As Hordaland i have 3 or four familymembers inclusive the heir which are not in the familythree. I check some others and they seem to be right.

Yeah i have every expansion installed downloading the patch + the mod again. I tell you if it works.

Yeah i have every expansion installed downloading the patch + the mod again. I tell you if it works.
    Okay, keep us posted mate!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

- J.R.R Tolkien

Okey than is everything okey. I like his music, maybe there will be more ingame in future

And a new thing i noticed in other mods before. As Hordaland i have 3 or four familymembers inclusive the heir which are not in the familythree. I check some others and they seem to be right.
    Same issue now with vestfold. The dans, frankish and wessex familythrees are fine. Strange.

I notice this in Broken Cresent a year before. There it was with the Kingdome of Jerusalem.

Sorry, I do not understand?
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

- J.R.R Tolkien

Page 1 of 71 12345678910112651 ... LastLast