Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2045606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1415

Thread: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    What version of the mod are you playing?

It's normal for the mod to CTD once in awhile in battle - but they should be VERY RARE. But if you are playing the original version then i think it's more common than if you play with my submod as an example?
    Hi and thanks for the reply, I'm playing the last kingdom mod, not the old Wrath of the Norsemen mod which is the baltic theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by KnHan View Post
    First time experience with this mod.
    Torrent Download for 'the last Kingdom 3.06 full.
    Looks great and work fine at first but when a battle connected to a settlement under siege take place it crash.
    No matter if opponent attack, sally out or outside force attack, it crash, Odin or Thor might know but that’s not helping at all 
    Battle on the map works fine.
    I have tried to reinstall in different ways 3 times last test directly under C:, run as administrator, alter combability, alter resolution and so on, all this in different combinations but with exactly the same result.
    Now I’m stuck!
    Please help!
    English might not be your first language here, but I think we are both referring to the same issue. I didn't reply earlier to this thread because I had pretty much stopped playing the mod because of this issue ages ago, sorry about that

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by oorestis View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply, I'm playing the last kingdom mod, not the old Wrath of the Norsemen mod which is the baltic theatre.
    Yep, that is not the question - my submod uses stuff from WotN in the TLK-setting. It's not the old WotN-mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hello there, I've been having a couple of technical problems with this mod recently and I hope you can help.

Firstly, I tried to download the mod from moddb.com. This led me to the WinZip file Last_Kingdom.7z, and I followed the install instructions provided. However, during the installation for 3.05, I received this error message:

File corrupt or unreadable:
    mods\Last_Kingdom\data\sounds\Music.dat

I tried several more times, always deleting the old, incomplete files first, and received the same message each time. So instead I tried the torrent download link. This was more successful, and I managed to get into the game and start a campaign. However, whenever a battle started I experienced a CTD. I tried reloading the game, and the same thing happened.

Have you any advice for either problem?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Try the torrent version, link here.

Every time I try to start a large-scale battle (15 units each side or so) I get a CTD. Smaller battles work fine. This doesn't happen in the vanilla game or in other mods. Any advice?

All problems resolved. I have absolutely no idea what was wrong with it or why it works now, but I'm happy to report that the mod has downloaded just fine and that battles run as intended regardless of number of troops involved. Happy days

So I keep having this weird loading issue, whenever I try to load an autosave or a manual save, I always seem to get the Odin help us notification. So I don't know what to do.

For some reason I'm unable to get the game to launch. When I use the included shortcut, I get an invisible window from steam that in Task Manager is "Allow game launch?", which I can only close through task manager. Apparently this is a weird steam issue that is fixed if I open Steam itself, but it might have been related to when I changed my language to non-unicode programs to Chinese, since when I changed it back to English just now it's fine.

Though now I have an additional issue. Some units are silver surfers. I'm assuming that's a problem with installation. I'll try re-installing and seeing if that fixes it. (Re-installing did not fix it, I'll attempt a re-download now. new download from the torrent did not fix the Thegns from being silver surfers. Not sure what else to do).

Not sure if the torrent version has an issue itself, or if it's just an isolated thing that is only affecting me, but I decided to download the Moddb version just to check. It works perfectly (though if it freezes at the start of a campaign or custom battle after you install, just wait a bit. It'll work eventually, and then you won't have that freezing again).
    Last edited by Yue Fei; September 07, 2017 at 08:20 PM.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

just downloaded kingdoms, but whenever i click on a start campaign or something the game just freezes, for example i clicked on historic battle and it freeze
    helff

Quote Originally Posted by jef_jew View Post
    just downloaded kingdoms, but whenever i click on a start campaign or something the game just freezes, for example i clicked on historic battle and it freeze
    helff
    In what version?

I am not sure historical battles are implemented.

The campaign works but could take some time to load.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I installed 3.05 and I was able to start a campaign. I installed 3.06 and now I can't start a campaign. I can't even do a Custom Battle.

This is what the log says:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    22:14:56.719 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:14:56.721 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 799, column 5
    Couldn't find settlement name 'Borgund' in stringtable
    22:14:56.721 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1B58CC48,5472818
    22:14:56.722 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/map.rwm (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:14:56.784 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/custom_tiles_db.txt
    22:14:56.784 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    22:14:56.785 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:14:56.785 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1B650E60,2410
    22:14:56.785 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:14:56.789 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/menu/DUMP0000.BIK]Pause on
    22:14:57.245 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.

Adding the quickfix doesn't help. I will try again tomorrow with the newer files.

I believe 3.06 is one single stand-alone version. Try downloading the whole package or something.

- The Havamal

No, 3.06 is something you put over 3.05.

I'll try the torrent version.

I can't edit my post...the + just spins endlessly. It's been 20 minutes already and reloading the page didn't help.

I was using the original files of TLK. That's why I have 3.05 and 3.06 as distinct entities. What's annoying is that those files worked for me before, on my other computer. I used the torrent version now and the game works. Thanks, Gigantus!

Now to install my submod. Mwahahaha.

I got a crash before a battle, playing as East Anglia. I'm not sure what I clicked, as my finger slipped, but it must have been the Attack button on the campaign map. I was about to fight a Wessex army, which had some mercs in it (besides Wessex troops, which are the same as mine).

This was the log:
    22:08:36.749 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.749 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.750 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_guilds.txt,330
    22:08:36.750 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.750 [system.io] [trace] file open,,3FB3A3E0,1900020
    22:08:36.750 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.755 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/generic/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga
    22:08:36.755 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.755 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga.dds
    22:08:36.756 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.756 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1F2AD200,198229
    22:08:36.756 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.756 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga,198229
    22:08:36.756 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:36.757 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga,198229
    22:08:36.757 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/prebattle_attack.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:08:39.948 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.

I tried loading another one of the save games from that campaign, and that one didn't work either.
    22:37:40.095 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_10.tga
    22:37:40.096 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_9.tga,3145772
    22:37:40.096 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_screen_9.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:40.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/descr_transition_screen.txt
    22:37:40.109 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1329A490,,not found
    22:37:40.110 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/descr_transition_screen.txt,6005
    22:37:40.110 [system.io] [info] open: found data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    22:37:40.110 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/descr_transition_screen.txt,,,-6005
    22:37:40.110 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:40.110 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,60901
    22:37:40.111 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:41.016 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:41.016 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    22:37:41.016 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:41.016 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    22:37:41.017 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    22:37:41.017 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    22:37:41.017 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,40515
    22:37:41.017 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Last_Kingdom/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: E:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    22:37:41.418 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.

The third save from that campaign also got that message. Wtf? They were about 10 minutes apart from each other.

I should also mention that the "logs" folder in the M2TW folder disappeared while I was trying to load these saves. I made a new one, and that one disappeared too. Then it reappeared by itself.

I started a new campaign, saved, loaded the save, had no issues. However, I tried a Scotland campaign instead of an East Anglia one. Now I realize I should have tried an EA one.

Another bug I want to report is that I can no longer edit my posts.

I forgot to say clearly that after the first crash, I can no longer load any of the saves from that campaign. That was my first campaign since reinstalling, so those were my only saved games. I'm starting to fear that something corrupted my saves, since games saved after load fine.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Another bug I want to report is that I can no longer edit my posts.

I forgot to say clearly that after the first crash, I can no longer load any of the saves from that campaign. That was my first campaign since reinstalling, so those were my only saved games. I'm starting to fear that something corrupted my saves, since games saved after load fine.
    CTDs can cause file corruption in some instances.

Forum upgrades effected editing process. It should be fine now.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Nooooo...

I was afraid of that.

Well, time to do it again...

This time I will back-up my saves every day in another folder.

Icon4 Re: The Last Kingdom - Bug (Reports) & Technical problems & Support

I keep having CTDs mid-battle in WotN submod, Hordaland playthrough.

This was the last line from the log after a couple of CTDs:
    Code:
    [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    So I removed the advisor battlemap.tga and advisor stratmap.tga files from the mod folder, so that the game would default to vanilla files, and I haven't had a crash after that for a little while.

Now it happened again. Here are the last lines from the log:
    Code:
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:46.437 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture

These chunks repeat themselves over and over many-many times without crashes:
    Code:
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing  data/banners/textures/faction_variations/russia/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/winter/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)
    02:57:28.656 [system.io] [info] exists:   found  mods/Last_Kingdom/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_vestfold_trans.texture  (from: D:\Medieval II - Total War)

Any ideas?

EDIT:
    I noticed that the crashes always happen when my archers are firing, in the middle of some hissing sounds. I am going to try to determine what files are being accessed while this crash happens. Grateful for any suggestions.
    Last edited by trueman11; May 05, 2019 at 11:09 AM.