Thread: The Super Duper Uber Elite Frankish Crusaders Mod

Default The Super Duper Uber Elite Frankish Crusaders Mod

Its Christmas in July! I'm developing new "toys" for us REAL Christian boys. I'm looking for ideas on perfecting the Frankish playing experience. So far I've edited town names, and sent crusaders home. Looking for more suggestions, such as:
    Free cost for Templars and Hopitallers etc, while reduced pools. They paid for themselves afterall.
    Making Bohemund marriable to your princesses, really worth it, huge discounts.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

1.FILISTEN.1's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: The Super Duper Uber Elite Frankish Crusaders Mod

thats great

Maybe lower the recruitment queue for Frankish units, but have a decent aor. Then they won't blitz the entire Western Middle East!

ex (Vanilla BC 2.3).
    AGAINST

Ayyubids keep losing to Crusaders! Poor Saladin!
    Last edited by kingman1337; July 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

[FQUOTE=kingman1337;9939070]Maybe lower the recruitment queue for Frankish units, but have a decent aor. Then they won't blitz the entire Western Middle East!

ex (Vanilla BC 2.3).
    AGAINST

Ayyubids keep losing to Crusaders! Poor Saladin![/QUOTE]

Let us not forget idiot Templars where more detrimental to the KoJ than Saladman. Nobody halfway intelligent would engage Saladman at Hattin like Gerard de Dumb____ did. If France, England, or the HRE had decided to take levant, no orders, no coalitions, it would have. Only threat would have been the mongols. I agree with limiting their availability.
    I
    I also have changed duke ancillary titles to count with the obvious exceptions:
    King of jerusalem
    Prince of Antioch, jaffa, damascus, constsntinople, given to heirs inline for the throne
    Duke of egypt, mesopotamia, india,
    Rest are counties
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

Excellent

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Unrecruitable knightly units and entirely AoR levies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Unrecruitable knightly units and entirely AoR levies?
    AGAINST

Ayyubids are at the right. Better?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Thankfully i stopped myself from making rude remarks about the name of your submod. Anywho... It would make much more sense to make slight adjustments to the edu, making frankish troops not total crap, than to make an UBER CRUSADER MOD which no one will play except for the few people who want to play an unchallenging campaign as the KoJ. You should go about this more professionally (and not alienating people who would otherwise play your submod.) I would suggest configuring the edu to reflect the type and amount of armor used historically, rather than the how the mod's units are portrayed. I'm sure your submod would be good if you changed the name and did thorough balance testing (perhaps get others interested to do this as well), something I do extensively for several mods.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; July 17, 2011 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperiumiv View Post
    Thankfully i stopped myself from making rude remarks about the name of your submod. Anywho... It would make much more sense to make slight adjustments to the edu, making frankish troops not total crap, than to make an UBER CRUSADER MOD which no one will play except for the few people who want to play an unchallenging campaign as the KoJ. You should go about this more professionally (and not alienating people who would otherwise play your submod.) I would suggest configuring the edu to reflect the type and amount of armor used historically (to the best of current research), rather than the how the mods' units are portrayed. I'm sure your submod would be good if you changed the name and consulted some researchers on twc.
    I love how these forums are full of intellectuals who know everything about everthing. Maybe before posting a rude comment you might consider you aren't privy to my thoughts, desires, cares, and accept the possibility that I don't care about what you think...

If you actually read, assuming you can comprehend english, you would see I'm limiting the crusaders and making them more historically accurate.

For those who know my submod name is sarcasm directed at some kid, I halved recruitment cost and upkeep for the orders and decreased replenishment by a tenth. I'm going to try some hotseats to see if the ai ne then try it myself.
    Last edited by chris7ian; July 17, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

If you so desire, I'll never comment on this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperiumiv View Post
    If you so desire, I'll never comment on this thread again.
    Comment all you want just comment about what we are doing not what "you think" we are doing. One kid flamed me already for sending crusaders off map, I'm not putting up with that nonsense again.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If this name is too catchy how about the decreased operating upkeep cost helping encorporate balanced ai gameplay mod?
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Foederatus

Is this actually being worked on? I'd appreciate a good crusader mod.

Well if I'm honest I clicked on this mod because I thought it would be amusing to read but I see that the name is misleading. Maybe a name change would be a good idea as most people who are interested in balance and historical accuracy arn't likely to look at a mod with a name like this, unless, as in my case, they thought it would be a funny read. Your name will probably mainly attract people who actually want a really easy campaign, or those nuts who pop-up on here from time to time, who are convinved that the Crusaders were awesome and all the Islamic natives were rag wearing peasents.

Now I hope it is clear I'm not trying to be rude or insulting, just giving an honest opinion that I hope you will agree is constructive.