Thread: Trade agreements keep being stopped!

Default Trade agreements keep being stopped!

Hi Guys

I have just put DMS on (2.6) and I seem to keep losing my trade agreements, can no longer trade scroll.

Anyone else finding this?

ah also whenever I do try and get a trade agreement it is always low and even if I offer all my coins I still dont get it, any tips would be appreciated.

Other than this I prefer this mod, its great, especially the slower battles.

Kind Regards

Goosie

Default Re: Trade agreements keep being stopped!

move all your ships off your trade nodes, make the trades and then put them back on the trade nodes.

♫♥ ƬƦƛƝƇЄ ƑƠƦЄƔЄƦ ♥♫

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Trade relies on the fact that your neigbours need something from you....

Hattori have good early trade as they are a central hub and so control access.

Shimazu have direct access to nodes.

and Takeda have warhorses among others, so you need to have beneficial trade items before the other clans will want to trade. also any negative attributes in diplomacy will also work against you as well as other alliances that don't include you.

Personally i get as much trade as possible within the first ten turns and then nurture future relations and other agreements as they come along, but do a quick scramble in diplomacy and try have a province with a worthwhile resource ie warhorses everyone wants em so a good one to start with...

First of all, there could be several reasons why trade agreements are broken:
    The relations with the other clan are bad
    An ally of your trade partner convinced him to break the agreement with you as part of an ongoing, or planned, war
    Your partner no longer has an interest in trading with you (Bayonet explained on that)
    Your home ports are all besieged (small chance)
    Partner's home ports are all blocked (more likely, but still a small chance)

A good resource early on would be Iron, especially for the western half of the island. On the east I think warhorses play a larger role as iron is more abundant.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Hi Guys

I have just realized that I did not reply! Thank you all for your quick responses. I am trying to hold trade posts to make myself more attractive for the other clans. I have past the realm divide event and am trying to trade with the Mori my allies. I am pulling in 3500 each turn but spending it quickly on building upgrades or troops to vs the other clans, i have 1 vassal and 3 allies. When i offer the mori 3000 i still dont get the agreement and thats even with a hostage offer too.

Anyway I wonder if anyone else feels that diplomacy seems stiffer than vanilla?

Kind Regards

Gooseums

like i said, if you have multiple trade nodes you're going to have to move your ships off them, trade with the mori to get the trade agreement, then move your ships back on the trade nodes.

♫♥ ƬƦƛƝƇЄ ƑƠƦЄƔЄƦ ♥♫

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Look at them in the diplomacy panel. It could say "embargo prevents trade." I've noticed since 2.5 the AI has started making use of this tactic.

I am running into this problem as well. I have three European trade nodes under my control, yet no-one - besides my single ally - wants to trade with me.

I tried moving all ships off the nodes, didn't change anything
    moved them back on the node (in the same turn), no change
    offering large sums of money/hostages/etc, no change
    I also don't see anything related to "embargo precents trade"
    Even all the "friendly" clans won't trade with me, it always says "low chance of success".

This wasn't happening to me before with vanilla, and I always rely a lot on trade income with my playstyle, so I do wonder if there is something else going on here, or if some has a solution to this?

Offer money with the trade. 1-4 k usually seals the deal for me. Easy.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

This has been happening to me to with with the 3.25 and now 3.3 updates.
    I tried out Radious Mod and have no problems with trade being broken like this.
    Im gonna keep trying in my current Shimazu 3.3 campaign but it's so frustrating when THEY break the trade agreement and i get the diplomacy hit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeEB View Post
    This has been happening to me to with with the 3.25 and now 3.3 updates.
    I tried out Radious Mod and have no problems with trade being broken like this.
    Im gonna keep trying in my current Shimazu 3.3 campaign but it's so frustrating when THEY break the trade agreement and i get the diplomacy hit for it.
    Agreed, unlike previous comments I do feel like something is broken here. And if it's not, I would really like to know how I can prevent this in the future. I've been invested in my current campaign for several days now, so I don't really want to start over again, but this issue/feature is cripling my gameplay and I hardly make any money to have two 50% stacked armies on the front fighting my wars.

Icon9 Re: Trade agreements keep being stopped!

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents to this, as I'm getting the exact same thing. Make trade agreement, next go, I get message saying that relations with the clan have broken down to such an extent that trade is no longer possible, even though I'm still friendly with them... Friendly clans have really low chance of accepting trade agreements in diplomacy panel, etc...
    Occasionally, I can get one to trade, but next go, same thing, trade agreement cancelled... Definitely seems broke to me - though it's keeping things challenging - can barely break 1000 koku per turn

I've played 3 campaigns with DMS 3.2 and 3.3. I haven't noticed this to be a big problem compared to ETW.
    As Oda, I was losing trade agreements every 5 turns. Maybe 1 out of 3 were unexplained by alliances or blocked ports.
    I can't compare with vanilla. '

So far in Mori campaign I haven't lost either sea trade partner at turn 30 on hard.

I have to agree now with the above complaints.
    I'm at turn 50 with the Mori. Once I captured a Nanban port and was able to have 6? sea trade partners, I'm losing them almost every turn.
    It's not too bad since I can charge them a little sum to reestablish trade.
    But it is annoying and real. I keep losing trade with all the clans around the Oda-Ise part of Japan. I have a ship parked outside their 3 ports and they are not at war with each other on the port side.
    The ports are not being damaged as was the culprit in ETW.
    Still, every few turns, I lose trade with one of them for no apparent reason.
    No pirates, no raiders along our connection, and no enemies that might be bribing them to cancel trade.
    The only possibility I can think of is that the Shimazu I am at war with (my only "red" clan) keeps paying them to stop trade.
    It's unlikely because they seem destitute and keep put up an army to defend with.