0 0%
  • Wigan Athletic

1 0.67%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers

1 0.67%

Thread: 2011/12 English Premier League:General Discussion

Senator

Default Re: 2011/12 English Premier League:General Discussion

Manchester City have been 1st in the premier league since October 3rd 2011, but after today, Manchester United are in 1st place.

For highlights:

http://tenmillionslaves.com/up-to-th...remier-league/

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Finally. Now it's back to the Unconvincibles.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    I still hope to see Wolves, Wigan and Blackburn go down -- three awful awful teams that have no place in this league. That said, QPR aren't any better.
    Blackburn have been gutsy in quite a few of their games and have showed they're at least playing for their own pride and are behind their boss even though Kean's had some awful flak this season. They've beaten Arsenal, Man Utd at Old Trafford and drawn with Liverpool at Anfield and they have some decent young players at Ewood Park too.

I think Wolves are looking likely to go down and I don't fancy Wigan's chances. It's hard to pick between Bolton, QPR and Blackburn at the moment. To be honest I wish Villa were down there because every time I've seen them play they've been crap.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Blackburn have done OK despite their fans awful barracking of Steve Keane - it's not him, it's the Venkys they should moan at but they have had some decent results (Arsenal at Ewood Park) and terrible ones, (Arsenal at the Emirates). QPR have got to play Sunderland, Liverpool, Swansea, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City, and it's hard to see them picking up many points in that lot.

I like Martinez but Wigan haven't really advanced much since last season, Wolves have been awful all year. Bolton are like Blackburn, bit up and down. So Wigan, QPR and Wolves to go.

I believe Wigan will do it again. Save themselves in the last round, one way or the other.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

QPR have got to play Sunderland, Liverpool, Swansea, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City, and it's hard to see them picking up many points in that lot.
    If that is their run home, they are sure to be relegated.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    If that is their run home, they are sure to be relegated.
    Some home, some away and I'm not sure of the order and I may have missed one or two but they definitely play all of those teams before the end of the season.

QPR / Bolton / Blackburn

That'd do me nicely.

Got a few quid on Arsenal 2-1 tonight. Usually any time I bet on Arsenal they get pumped, so apologies in advance to any on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66
    QPR have got to play Sunderland, Liverpool, Swansea, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City, and it's hard to see them picking up many points in that lot.
    There's not many more teams they could face this year.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

I saw a list of the highest paid managers in world football, Mark Hughes was something stupid like 12th. It'll be hilarious when he sends them down.

edit: Found it.

David Moyes 12th highest paid manager in football. Twice as much as Juve and Inter. Everton are considered a shoestring budget club. (Granted Gollum has done a pretty good job there)

The Premier League is insane.
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I saw a list of the highest paid managers in world football, Mark Hughes was something stupid like 12th. It'll be hilarious when he sends them down.

edit: Found it.
    Yeah that's pretty funny, the rest all look like the usual kind of suspects, and Mark Hughes - I don't understand Portugese(?) but I'm guessing AVB would have been there even so, Mark Hughes in 13th. That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrödinger View Post
    David Moyes 12th highest paid manager in football. Twice as much as Juve and Inter. Everton are considered a shoestring budget club. (Granted Gollum has done a pretty good job there)

The Premier League is insane.
    Everton's wage bill is supposedly very high, something like 80% more than five years ago. I have to say, if any manager deserves to be on that list it's Moyes. What stands out for me is Mancini on more than Ferguson. Absolutely moronic, and a symbol of everything wrong with Manchester City.

I guess players like Baines, P. Neville, Howard, Cahill, Jagielka must be on a lot to keep them at Everton, and so must Fellaini seeing as he was £16m when they bought him a few years back. The key with Moyes has been keeping a solid core to the team and getting the rest functional - and he hasn't missed a step since 2004 I think when they finished bottom half?

Yaya Toure and Carlos Tevez being paid the same as C. Ronaldo, S. Eto'o and L. Messi is another symbol of City's beautiful stupid. Who'd have thought back in 2005 that Mou's Chelsea would be blown out of the water by Manchester City? They were a better club with Shaun Goater instead of Mario Balotelli.
    ~

bitte sehr

spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    QPR / Bolton / Blackburn

That'd do me nicely.

Got a few quid on Arsenal 2-1 tonight. Usually any time I bet on Arsenal they get pumped, so apologies in advance to any on here.
    Pints are on Mr P tonight then - good call

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Arsenal really only got two clinical strikers. Van Persie and Vermaalen and both scored today .

But what was the big fight at the end about and why does it look like van Persie and Krul hate each other so much? I know that they both play in the Dutch national team but none of them are black so I really don't know why they would hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Everton's wage bill is supposedly very high, something like 80% more than five years ago. I have to say, if any manager deserves to be on that list it's Moyes. What stands out for me is Mancini on more than Ferguson. Absolutely moronic, and a symbol of everything wrong with Manchester City.
    Moyes is good at picking up underrated players, but he's not actually won anything at Everton has he?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Moyes is good at picking up underrated players, but he's not actually won anything at Everton has he?
    Winning things isn't the goal at Everton. They know their place in the football world.

Unlike a club across the park from them....

I am enjoying the reactions of rivals fans to our recent under achievements as Liverpool returning to their place in the natural order of things despite being a club with a trophy-filled past when under Benitez we were told he was underperforming by not winning the league.

Moyes has taken Everton a cup final and a play-off away from the Champions League in ten years, but equally he has kept them competing in the Premier League, which is more stability than any other club (obviously besides the Big However Many) has had in his era.
    ~

bitte sehr

spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Arsenal really only got two clinical strikers. Van Persie and Vermaalen and both scored today .

But what was the big fight at the end about and why does it look like van Persie and Krul hate each other so much? I know that they both play in the Dutch national team but none of them are black so I really don't know why they would hate each other.
    What's the colour of their skin got to do with anything?

RVP wasn't happy with Krul's time wasting throughout the game.