1 0.67%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers

1 0.67%
Page 1 of 160 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 English Premier League:General Discussion

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Default 2011/12 English Premier League:General Discussion

Yup, it's that time of the year again. New season, new sticky thread. All English club football is welcomed here.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Default Re: 2011/12 English Premier League:General Discussion

Everything below CL-spot is not good enough this year. The climb begins now.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Meanwhile in Malaysia

Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Everything below CL-spot is not good enough this year. The climb begins now.
    I think that Liverpool is going to be the negative surprise this year. An overabundance of midfield talent is likely to hurt the team spirit. They only got a single target player and a quite weak backline so they got an odd mixture of extreme depth and vulnerability to injuries.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Alexander Doni from Roma to Liverpool. Transfer of the summer...

For Roma that is.

Doni is good in fits, but so error-prone that it's just stupid. I don't mean coming out to collect a corner in the box, i mean full-on rush of blood charges out of the box to the striker through on goal followed by the two-footed lunge that gets nothing of the ball and all of the man....

The actual signing i think is a good bit of business is Fulham getting Riise from Roma (another Roma player out...). He's a world-class LB as Liverpool fans should remember. His left foot is like a cannon...
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Well, I can only root for the Toons this year since the Hammers are out of the EPL.

I hope that L'Pool get in the top 4 again though. With a team of their calibre, it's a waste seeing them mid-table, and also funny at some point.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Number 20 is in the bag. Look who's on the perch now It's nice knowing that Liverpool might be another 5 years until they win their first title. Fergie might be dead by then, that'll be their chance.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Where is the damn poll?

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    Number 20 is in the bag. Look who's on the perch now It's nice knowing that Liverpool might be another 5 years until they win their first title. Fergie might be dead by then, that'll be their chance.
    I wouldn't really say you can compare the domination of Liverpool anno 1986 to the domination of Man Utd anno 2011. We were still plenty of leagues above everyone else at that time, in terms of medals. Whereas LFC is still breathing down your neck in 2011. Also we dominated europe, Man Utd on the other hand is being.. err, dominated in Europe.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Swansea for the drop (i hope)!

Bye bye jack bastards!

I got a nasty feeling Chelsea are gonna take the title this time, i know, leaves a horrible taste in my mouth just saying it, but there you are! I think both sides of Manchester (the city's football team and the other team who plays there but all there fans from outside manchester ) will be fighting for 2nd, liverpool and arsenal tussling for 4th and 5th.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by eviljezza View Post
    Where is the damn poll?
    Done.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Arsenal like every year .

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Swansea for the drop (i hope)!

Bye bye jack bastards!

I got a nasty feeling Chelsea are gonna take the title this time, i know, leaves a horrible taste in my mouth just saying it, but there you are! I think both sides of Manchester (the city's football team and the other team who plays there but all there fans from outside manchester ) will be fighting for 2nd, liverpool and arsenal tussling for 4th and 5th.
    Hopefully City will be able to elbow their way over Utd. I have hopes for Wright-Phillips, bit lackluster against Stoke in May but he wasn't half bad against Club America this morning. I usually get attached to players who end up disappointing everyone but we'll see.

I think City will fail again, also they have accepted a 50 million bid from Corinthians.

Wigan have agreed a 10 million bid for Charles N'Zogbia from Aston Villa, and Shay Given should be officialy an Aston villa player today.

Carlos Tevez to Corinthians, how the hell are they paying for him? I dont see Dzeko being as good as Tevez in the PL. I wouldnt be suprised if they bid for another striker.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

My early predictions

Top 4 :

1. Man City
    2. Man Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal (I fear we could be lower)

5. Liverpool
    6. Everton
    7. Aston Villa

Relegated :

18. Wolves
    19. QPR
    20. Norwich
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No way are the Jack bastards staying up for another season. Swansea will be rooted to bottom of table all season!

18. QPR
    19. Norwich
    20. Swansea

EDIT

Forgot to say, rumours are rife that Aguero is willing to take a pay cut and join Man city, so it looks like them may finally get there man.

West Brom are rumoured to announce Owen Hargeaves as there latest signing, Newcastle want Sturridge on loan and Villa are leading the way on getting Vargas ahead of Liverpool and Juventus. Everton also weighing up an option to move for a loan deal on Bendtner.
    Last edited by emotion_name; July 18, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

unless the new boys do something in the next few weeks, I expect all three Norwich, QPR and Swansea will go back down.

Legio, Le Arse - no, no and thrice no.

Could we add "other" to the Poll
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Get back to your championship thread

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

eh hem, Champions Elect please

£9m and his yours

and for our American brethren who I know like a stat or 10
    http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premi...tatistics.html

and another interesting one showing spend in the Premier League Years
    http://www.footballtransfertavern.co...lub-since-1992

two snippets

Arsenal’s figures underline what an amazing job Arsene Wenger is actually doing. For all the criticism, top routinely finish top four and yet be so passive in the transfer market is pretty impressive.
    Whereas West Ham have been trading like lunatics – to no good purpose.

Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; July 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree