Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denise's Chop Shop NEW (July-Aug 2011)

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Re: Fire Drill Requests

I can only mod in vanilla fire drills so I'm doing best I can...

Let me know via PM if I missed you... I didn't get chance yesterday or today to hop on my modding computer so sorry for delay on yesterday's request
    Last edited by ReignTerror; January 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM.

Looking forward to getting mine and trying it out, a great idea Terror, and a lovely way to make Mods tailored to peoples needs. Would rep if I could, but alas I can not!

Vndal

Same as normal LME but Elites Use Platoon fire as requested
    Last edited by ReignTerror; January 24, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

This one is all MASS FIRE... as requested

Hey Reign, I finally got your patch working and its great, thanks so much! But is it possible to speed up the platoon fire drills? Seems to take an age for the volley to roll, or is this constrained by the game engine? Thanks for your great work

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Greetings Reign,
    first off I would like to thank you for all that you have done for this mod and community.Your touch and effort has certainly added to the overall grandeur of the endeavor.Secondly,due to preferential reasons,although I realise it is not historical,due to certain hardware limitations imposed by masses of flashing muskets and slowdown in huge battles,is there a possibility you might provide a mod that will render the units back to their vanilla firing drills??(First rank only fire and what not)I would greatly appreciate this as I do prefer to raise the number of men per line quite high and all goes well until there are rapid flashes,causing lag where otherwise there is none.I thank you for your time

Edit:My initial reason for such a request was due to suffering performance loss under massed musketry...turns out it was actually due to my slowing hard drive being unable to keep up...changed drives and the problem is solvedYou may ignore this request..unless of course it will benefit others
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; February 05, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

did u make a version that reverted back to the vanilla Fire drill if so could u please send me a link for it thank you

yea about that... going back to vanilla turns out to be harder than i thought due to having to edit each unit individually
    thanks for comments I <3 you guys

I'll see what I can work up tho...

I was wondering if LME has a submod that removed Fire and Advance? Or has that already been implemented in the main mod pack. FAA really screws up the AI.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

From what I have seen Fire and Advance is still about.A sub mod taking that out would be really valuable

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    From what I have seen Fire and Advance is still about.A sub mod taking that out would be really valuable
    I will take a look at this issue this evening.

Okay mates. I made a small modfile for removing Fire-and-advance. No unit has this ability anymore.

THIS FILE IS NOT TESTED YET, because i dont have a lot of time at the moment. If anyone could test it and give me a feedback, this would be very cool!!

Installation:

Drop this file into your Data-folder and add mod "WithoutFAA.pack"; to your user.script.

Download: http://depositfiles.com/files/8njf5xdh2

Thanks a lot mate.

Cheers

Ice

PS: If feedback is positive, i will drop this file into the submods-thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Icebear77♔ View Post
    Okay mates. I made a small modfile for removing Fire-and-advance. No unit has this ability anymore.

THIS FILE IS NOT TESTED YET, because i dont have a lot of time at the moment. If anyone could test it and give me a feedback, this would be very cool!!

Installation:

Drop this file into your Data-folder and add mod "WithoutFAA.pack"; to your user.script.

Download: http://depositfiles.com/files/8njf5xdh2

Thanks a lot mate.

Cheers

Ice

PS: If feedback is positive, i will drop this file into the submods-thread.

Excellent! I"ll give it a try and report back. I wouldn't mind FAA but the AI just falls apart with it. That, and I don't think it was a tactic that was ever used. Not for another hundred and fifty years at least. Maybe light infantry used it but ironically they don't have the ability in the game.

Hi Ice,
    A little report: I've tried your interesting submod "without FAA" in a new 1805 campaign with Austria.
    Unfortunately FAA it's still in the tech tree, and, consequently, it's also available on the battlefield.
    Maybe you could take a look at it.
    BTW thanks for your work and attention

Did you saw this in a battle? Usualy, if no unit has the ability, and the firedrills are all correct (and they are correct), the units cant use FAA.

FAA in the tech-tree gives you only the possibility to enable FAA for units, which have the ability for FAA. I can change the tech-tree, but this wont have a effect on the battlefield. Please correct me if iam wrong.

Yes, I tried it in a campaign battle and saw that units had FAA and this could be enabled as usually.
    I put the "without FAA" script on the top (I don't know if it is correct).

P.S. I found the solution: it has to be cleared the fx cache in order to get it work correctly.
    Now units can't use FAA anymore, even if it is still present in the tech tree (I would prefer if it could be eliminated: in the end it is useless, but anyway...).
    Thanks, Ice, nice work.
    Saluti
    Last edited by Dvd1984; February 09, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Did you research FAA? All fine if you've got it on the top in your user.script.

Edit:
    Thanks for Feedback. Yes, i will release a submod or/and discuss this with Iutland, because AI cant handle FAA correctly.
    Thanks mate!!
    Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; February 09, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Is it possible to have mass fire without the men spreading out of formation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gollrir View Post
    Is it possible to have mass fire without the men spreading out of formation?
    If the standard-formation for the unit is already spread-out, then yes. As i know, mass-fire wont work with a close-formation.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Icebear77♔ View Post
    If the standard-formation for the unit is already spread-out, then yes. As i know, mass-fire wont work with a close-formation.
    Oh well thanks for the answer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast