Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denise's Chop Shop NEW (July-Aug 2011)

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Denise's Chop Shop NEW (July-Aug 2011)

NEW UPDATE:

I'll also take any personal request such as music or minor tweaks in here aswell...
    I'll have access to vast library of music and studio just like always so business as usual...
    Those who have already had requests can vouch for my work... just not for how long it takes LOL

xoxxo
    Denise

If anyone has a pref in fire drills please post here... I'll pm you a personal hotfix with corrected Fire Drills...

Units:
    Line Infantry-
    Grenediers-
    Light Infantry-
    Guerillas-
    Militia-

Drills:
    Fire By Rank- One line fires then kneels as second fires followed by final 3rd line fire
    Platoon- One side starts firing and goes down line by section (Spread)
    Mass- Entire unit fires at same time waiting until all are reloaded (Spread)
    Volley- Seems to allow fire by line of sight, if you can shoot you will
    Improved Platoon- Seems to work same as volley but seems faster in some way(unconfirmed)

just let me know if i missed a class/drill and i'll add and post your requests so I can get into it and mod it
    Last edited by ReignTerror; July 15, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Default Re: Fire Drill Requests

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    If anyone has a pref in fire drills please post here... I'll pm you a personal hotfix with corrected Fire Drills...
    Good idea

It would be awesome if you guys could make battalion volley fire a drill to use.

Hey,

i would like to see a Massfire Drill, for all Units =)
    I think its the most historical Firing Drill.
    Thanks

EDIT: I mean a Massfire Drilllike the light Infantry has (everyone is firign as soon as he reloaded) , not the Massfire where everyone waits for Complete Unit Reload.

Cheers
    Last edited by He111; January 13, 2011 at 06:15 AM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

You mean Line of sight Fire-at-will?

line of sight is implemented in current version...going to put a platoon fire version up requested via PM

also a rank fire/platoon/mass mix... *edit first post with options*

Wait so I can have my infantry fire by rank? Or do that weird rolling fire thing? I'm totally down! What do I need to do?
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; January 13, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

just let me know what you want for each type of infantry... platoon is the rolling fire... just let me know... first post has the types and the classes... I will work out a fix for ya

I guess I'd prefer whatever is historically accurately, honestly.

Aye, I want mass fire! All at once! MAKE READY! PRESENT! FIRE!

coming up mass fire... when i get home now

A question: what is the most historical fire?

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jbet View Post
    A question: what is the most historical fire?
    well thats hard to say since it varied alot varied from faction to faction eaven from general to general since different generals trained there men differently i would like the fire drill where entire line fires at time although i guess there will be the same kind of problem as in empire so if 1 guy is not ready to fire (in melle out of position stuck or whatnot) the entire line will just stand there waiting if that could be bypassed i would love that
    Edit: With line i mean first rank of the line Also i would like a formation like fire by rank but stationary kinda like a square but 1 sided with 1 rank kneeling and 1 rank standing would make more strategic as if u where defending u could have youre men in the formation and have devestating fire power against the enemy and to have that fire power when attack u would actualy have to micro manage = once the unit is in position tell them to make the formation and to remember to take them out of it to move them but i guess a formation like that would not be possible the closest thing i got to that is the Pikewall formation
    Last edited by mattebubben; January 16, 2011 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Highlander View Post
    I could not find better words. It is also the most histrotical one ...

Do i still have to PM you for the Mass fire mod or will you put DL links here one day ?

Btw. Is there also a animation mod for that Fire drill where the reloaded units hold the weapon vertically until they present/aim ? I so much miss this ( a small addition to the historical correctnes topic)

Post deleted, No trolling please either add something constructive to ongoing conversation or don't bother posting.
    Last edited by Ishan; January 19, 2011 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Highlander View Post
    Indeed that would be the most reasonable description for most units. It should of course be pointed out that the British line infantry was trained to fire by platoon providing 'rolling fire'. My favourite

I wonder, Reign if your mods work by faction or apply across the board?

Is it possible to have the Elite Units using the Platoon fire/improved platoon fire? I mean the guard units and all those classed Elite, but have the grenadiers un-touched? Using a sub mod by radious that makes all Elite Units (including Grens) use FBR, but I would prefer a nice fast platoon fire for my guards.

Thanks, awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Normalguy View Post
    Indeed that would be the most reasonable description for most units. It should of course be pointed out that the British line infantry was trained to fire by platoon providing 'rolling fire'. My favourite

I wonder, Reign if your mods work by faction or apply across the board?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vndal View Post
    Is it possible to have the Elite Units using the Platoon fire/improved platoon fire? I mean the guard units and all those classed Elite, but have the grenadiers un-touched? Using a sub mod by radious that makes all Elite Units (including Grens) use FBR, but I would prefer a nice fast platoon fire for my guards.

Thanks, awesome idea!
    In basic LME the following fire drills are used:

• Elite Inf: Improved platoon fire
    • Grenadiers: Improved platoon fire
    • Line inf: Improved platoon fire
    • Light inf: Volley fire
    • Skirmishers: Volley fire
    • Irregulars/Mob: Mass fire
    • Militia: Mass fire

/iutland

ok i'm starting to send pms with the requests...

again all of this is personal pref... whatever you guys want...

I did an all volly fire return to vanilla one line....
    a mass fire for all units...
    Platoon for all units....
    the one for platoon fire for elites is on it's way Vndal expect it today or tommorrow hun

as for faction only so far i haven't figured that out yet...

I have figured out how to do shanty's by faction... actually by launguge for ships and have worked with Brigadier with it in past

but unit types are shared across the board... the only way i could think of doing faction is by making a certain faction all one type of infantry... elites or lines for example... but only in title not represented in game...

so if i make all elites FBR and made all french elites (again in title not in stats or rep in game) they would all use FBR

then make all line do platoon and make England all line infantry... they will all do platoon...

so on and so forth... of course only a limited amount of units... would possibly settle on one of the unit types to be the default...

just an idea...
    Last edited by ReignTerror; January 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

Vivat Imperator's Avatar Tiro

Brilliant suggestion! I've always had a desire for platoon fire-by-rank. As in, half the regiment fire in first, second and third row then the second half of the regiment fire first, second and third row. Difficult to do in modifying terms though. Also, like in Waterloo, firing from back to front, third row, second row, then first row.

I do wonder why anyone would want mass volleys in terms of real life, it is highly likely that several bullets would hit the same soldier, meaning less efficiency and a likely chance of more men dying on your end due to the inconsistency of firing. Also, the point of battle back then was to put men out of action more so than kill them. Taking prisoners after battle would have guaranteed profit!
    JVSTITIA REGNORVM FVNDAMENTVM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast