Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darthmod empire at war 1.0

Default Darthmod empire at war 1.0

Yes. Darth Vader wishes a good game to follow his reputation and origin so have lightly modded Empire at War improving:

The Total War Center community will have the privilege to try it first and especially the visitors of my forum:

DARTHMOD_EMPIRE_AT_WAR_1.0

This is the first release of my mod for the star wars game of Lucasarts, Empire at War. It is an unofficial enhancement with main purpose to make the star wars battles to look like the super movies.It is very easy to install.
    Just copy the file XML to directory of the game (for example to LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML)
    You do not overwrite anything and if you want to revert to your old settings you just erase this XML file)

Synoptic Enhancements

-The space battles will look as close as to star wars movies with many balance adjustments I have made for example:
    1)All fighters will last longer and their survivor will be based to their speed and maneuverability that their hit points.

2)Super Vessels like Star Destroyers will endure realistically

3)Scale of star vessels is modded for a visual realism

4)The balance of forces are set to reflect true Star Wars strengths and weaknesses of units. For example Tie fighters will be …too many of them and fast and deadly. Rebel fighters will last longer and …more to see in battle.

5)Hyperspace speed is less so that the strategy map is more playable.

6)Ground battles are also enhanced .

7)Many mini visualization realism sets such as proton torpedoes will look like in Starwars III. In Death Star battle and more.

8)Many other mini enhancements which you should witness yourself

I am the creator of DarthMod_7.0 for the awarded game of Rome:Total War
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

This mod is widely known in the internet community but my nickname forced me to start modding this new LucasArts strategy game.
    Let me have your comments:

thomadisnick@hotmail.com

Last maintained 27/3/06

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

I'm going to buy SW: Empire at War, since I'm a Star Wars fan and want to crush this dirty rebels and conquer the galaxy!!!
    It has a lot of potential, so I thought I'll buy it and then mod it. If you've made changes to it already, that's great! I would definitely be interested in an upload.
    May the force be with you,

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

i love the game, im playing as the empire and im at the level where darth vader has to capture princess leia's ship.
    i agree that the battle are a bit unrealistic though. my star destroyers seem to get destroyed far too easy.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

@Emperor Dimitricus: How's the strategy part of the game? I mean the strategy map of the galaxy, AI and so on. I read somewhere AI would blitz quite soon, so I'm interested in what you've experienced so far.

K.K

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

i love it. imagine the RTW map for instance, but its in real time. in other words, you could be training up some units, then a rebel fleet will attack one of your star systems. also, theres the aspect of having to control the space around a planet before you invade the planet.
    it took quite some time however for the rebels to attack my systems, it was mainly me assaulting them.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Thanks for the info, Emperor Dimitricus! I'll buy it tomorrow after school...

K.K

i never really was a fan of star wars but i might give the game a try. anything RTS and i'm there, except age of empires 3 i never really got into it. i ended up just buying stupid things for my cities and bumrushed the AI.
    You can't run from death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it.

www.myspace.com/somethindarker

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Somethindarker
    i never really was a fan of star wars but i might give the game a try. anything RTS and i'm there, except age of empires 3 i never really got into it. i ended up just buying stupid things for my cities and bumrushed the AI.
    Yes, I think AOE III is really good, but I personally like games like RTW, where you have a strategy map and a battle map, it's better both for the strategy and the battle part. I'm glad SW: Empire at War goes this way too...

K.K

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Yes, I think AOE III is really good, but I personally like games like RTW, where you have a strategy map and a battle map, it's better both for the strategy and the battle part. I'm glad SW: Empire at War goes this way too...

K.K
    you are not supposed to play video games kk , you have a banner to do ;P

Well, since you are interested will make it available for upload soon. To those who know my modding thinking for gameplay, I think you will already know that this will be an enhancement.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

@Ahlerich: Eile mit Weile!

@Darth Vader: Great news indeed.

K.K

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

how are the land battles in empires at war? I played the demo and noticed that there was absolutly no strategy involved. After a while I even stopped varied armies and just bought hordes of artillery with which I could plow through any army. What struck me the most was how simplistic the space battles were and how easily and un-entertaining the land battles were. Has any of this been fixed in the full game?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Default Eaw

This is one game that desperately needs your AI modding abilities, Darth. I'm the kind of player that usually starts a game at Medium difficulty, finish it once, then try it again at a higher level. With EAW, I played at Medium for all of 2 hours before restarting on Hard. The strategic-level AI is, to put it kindly, idiotic. They don't research, they don't upgrade their forces or starbases, all they do is create lots and lots of very low-level units and throw it at you again and again. They DO try to strike you where you're weakest, but seriously, 35 Acclamator-class vessels are not even going to put a dent in a Mon Calamari Cruiser. Not sure if the AI is hardcoded into the .exe, but you did such a good job with the RTW AI that I'm optimistic.

Regarding vessel scaling...did you up the map sizes as well? Most of the existing scaling and unit cap mods out there made space battles into a slugfest. You jump in-system right next to the opposing force, since both your forces are so big, making tactics a non-issue. If you did, I'ld love to try it out.

EDIT: @O'Brien: What you see is what you get, I'm afraid. The AI has a concentration-of-force issue. They'll send out their units piecemeal for you to chew up, so if you just fight and advance slowly, you'll hardly get hurt at all. I recommend playing the Rebel side and sending in raiding parties, at least you'll be heavily outnumbered, it helps the adrenaline flowing somewhat. Space battles are not bad, actually, if only because it's a simpler battlefield. I'm just getting the weird feeling that I won't be enjoying this game anywhere near as much if it doesn't have a Star Wars tag.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

That's good news, DV. I'm quite curious to see what your talents can do to this shallow mess...

Almost finished in this. The gameplay feels.....star wars. (Tie fighters....they are too many of them)
    There is a 1.3 patch now and I have fixed it for 1.2. Do not know if these files will interfere will check

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

I've bought SW-Empire At War yesterday, so I'm really interested in an upload of your great work.

K.K

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Thanks, I'll try it out today! I'm sure it's a great enhancement.

K.K

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

lol

Now I feel like buying it, thanks Darth
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

HAIL darth vader....hehe compare to rtw is it enjoyable too?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast