Thread: Mass volley For Matchlcok Units

Default Mass volley For Matchlcok Units

This mod changes the way mathlcoks fire, instead of the first row firing they wil firing like in Empire with all units being able to fire their guns without having to be in First row

Last edited by Caesar15; July 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM.

Default Re: Mass volley For Matchlcok Units

sweet gonna try it out

EDIT: pritty brutal to watch half their samurai drop dead in one volley good job! might have to tweak the range a little to compansate though.
    Last edited by Rumpullpus; July 19, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpullpus View Post
    sweet gonna try it out

EDIT: pritty brutal to watch half their samurai drop dead in one volley good job! might have to tweak the range a little to compansate though.

Ikr, by the way do you know how to change matchlock range? I have had some trouble finding it in PFM

EDIT: rofl I just notice you were the guy who proposed the matchlock mass volley, I might mod it more to make them have rapid volley ability to make it more like you wanted
    Last edited by Caesar15; July 20, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    Ikr, by the way do you know how to change matchlock range? I have had some trouble finding it in PFM
    Range is changed in the projectiles table.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Range is changed in the projectiles table.
    Thanks dude!

Hey noticed that this much loved little mod no longer works following the most recent update.

Tried to re-create a new working one for myself but do not know the change in the PFM which actually allows a unit to volley fire.

I've compared this mod to the new unit tables from patch 8 but can't figure out the tweak and its driving my crazy!

Is it something to do which the file spacing?

Hmmm, I think you'll have to look through the unedited patch files and crosscompare them with the addon files to see what changed.

Looking for differences in unit_stats_land between matchlock and archers might be a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihre Ausführung View Post
    Hey noticed that this much loved little mod no longer works following the most recent update.

Tried to re-create a new working one for myself but do not know the change in the PFM which actually allows a unit to volley fire.

I've compared this mod to the new unit tables from patch 8 but can't figure out the tweak and its driving my crazy!

Is it something to do which the file spacing?
    If you open the unit stats land and scroll across to where it says can shoot while moving, you will see that there are 3 columns beyond that that say unused, then 2 that say unknown. The first unkown field is what you are looking for(you will notice bow units have this set to true), change that field to true and that will enable mass fire.

Hope thats clear.

Clear and works perfectly - many thanks and added rep to Whiskyjack =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ihre Ausführung View Post
    Clear and works perfectly - many thanks and added rep to Whiskyjack =)
    What's the effect on balance when you enable it?

Pretty good I think. In vanilla only the front row of any matchlock unit can fire which completely nerfs their firepower in my opinion. For example almost any head-on charge straight towards a unit of matchlocks will succeed (without barely any casualties) because most of its soldiers are stood behind one each other totally redundant whilst the front row barely has a chance to shoot twice.

Just wondering if I should add this onto my other improved matchlock mod or not, don't want to push them over the border into "OP" :p

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Just wondering if I should add this onto my other improved matchlock mod or not, don't want to push them over the border into "OP" :p
    Do you mean takin gmy work and adding it on to your mod?

Well not really, I'd just change my mod to include mass fire, just taking yours and adding it would create more problems than it'd solve :p

But haven't done anything yet since I'm concerned about unbalancing the game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Well not really, I'd just change my mod to include mass fire, just taking yours and adding it would create more problems than it'd solve :p

But haven't done anything yet since I'm concerned about unbalancing the game ^^
    Ya sure lol, did you see i got this mod in the eagle standard?

Nice job, I really enjoy this mod..

Is there anyway to make this mod compatible with Additional Units mod 2.4 beta 3. I was able to make it work with Darthmod Shogun 2 by turning of the Oda boost and Oda Tokugawa alliance.

Must say very impressive mod here. Would love to see it working along with AUM. Since im having to make a choice of playing with better matchlock units or a whole range of other units from AUM.

EDIT:
    Maybe i was wrong but for some reason this mod now worked with AUM for me.
    However only the vanilla units worked, which means the Christian Matchlock, Nanaban Matchlock units stats are unchanged, while the standard units in vanilla work with this mod. SO this mod needs to create changes for those additional units that are given by the AUM mod. hope you can update it Caesar15.
    Last edited by Warchamp84; January 01, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Trying this one, but one suggestion for you:
    Maybe you can only make video, where they use this mass volley. No need full video about your random battle.

anyway... this mod looks good for try.

Huh, I wanted a simple mod for multiplayer that didn't mess with stats too much(because it tends to cause desync more often) and just adding mass volley seemed a good start to me. However, pretty soon I realised a lot more was changed by the mod than advertised. (especially the 200 range gave it away)

As you know I've made a matchlock mod myself in the past, and setting the range to 200 was the first thing I did, so I actually liked that.

However, during the next few siege defenses my 2 matchlock units continued decimating entire armies almost by themself(albeit aided by the samurai retainers standing outside to draw aggro). They quickly rose in xp until they were able to almost single handedly rout multiple katana samurai before the samurai got onto the wall.

I realised this was a bit too much of a good thing, so decided to cross-reference the stats a bit. And sure enough, the reload speed/accuracy etc was all higher than the original. I also noticed normal matchlock ashigaru and imported matchlock ashigaru had the same unit size and the same stats, while in vanilla they do not. I didn't mind this either, that's how I did it in my mod as well.

I thought to myself "Well, stat buffs without the mass volley may have worked for my mod, but with this mass volley the stat increase probably needs to go." So I loaded up your .pack in PFM to just make a personalised version.

Imagine my surprise when I finally realised why you had done so much things similar to me: This mod is just mine with some very slight differences in reload speed/accuracy(usually stuff like -5 accuracy, +5 reload speed etc... maybe an older version of my mod was like that, don't know...) + 1 column set to "true" instead of false.

The tables have the exact same names mine do(being "imp_matchlock_[vanillatablename]", as in "Unahim's Improved Matchlocks", I'd imagine you'd have picked something like mass_volley_[vanillatablename]) and you have the exact same tables I did, even if they are not needed for your mod. For instance, the monks have gained ranked_fire, which is pointless now that they have mass volley, so why is it there if not because of you copying my mod? Also, certain values you would probably not have touched are the same as in my mod. Matchlock damage is 2.5 instead of the normal 2, and velocity(a stat I doubt you'd have touched on your own) is 250 instead of the normal.

The only thing this mod misses is the fix I included for auto_resolving battles(because the range buff + stat buff made it horribly unbalanced, you couldn't lose an auto_resolve with a few matchlock) and changes to DLC units' projectile range. I assume this is because those changes were added in the last version of the mod, and your mod was probably based on an earlier version.

I really don't mind people using my work to base their mod on if it makes the process faster, I do somewhat mind not being credited for doing the majority of the work.

Once my exams end I'll probably post a revised version of my mod with the stat buffs scaled down and mass volley added(because the combination of the two, and the lack of an auto_resolve fix, make this mod horribly, horribly unbalanced.). You will be credited for that idea.
    Last edited by Unahim; January 10, 2012 at 05:28 PM.