Thread: How long does it take the AI to start fielding gunpowder units in your campaigns?

Default How long does it take the AI to start fielding gunpowder units in your campaigns?

I am trying to decide whether to try my hand at modding earlier matchlocks, perhaps from Attack by Fire onwards into my darthmod experience. I haven't modded shogun before, but I did messed with files a fair bit on empire and M2TW. The problem: When I play I hardly ever encounter gunpowder units at all, and never before I reach realm divide. By what turn do you generally encounter them in noticable quantities in the campaign? Are there particular clans that use them more often?

Do you think the change I am considering would make it happen too soon and spoil the "age of innocence"?

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: How long does it take the AI to start fielding gunpowder units in your campaigns?

There is the gallusmod who makes imported matchlocks a tradeable resource that makes the AI use them earlier.
    I have seen the AI use matchlocks as early as turn 40,once i ran into a Chosokabe stack that had invaded the mainland wich consisted of 8 matchlock Ashigaru by turn 55.

Default Re: How long does it take the AI to start fielding gunpowder units in your campaigns?

Thanks! I know of that gallusmod, it's certainly an interesting approach. But it would make it rather hit and miss who gets 'em. Does anyone know which clans (if any) are usually predisposed towards researching the technology? I would hope Hojo, but does Oda?

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

i normally go up against quite a few Oda matchis if they survive and Hattori are quite prone to using em other than them the normal with shimazu but very rarely see anyone else using em ...