Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retarded Colours

Default Retarded Colours

I hope that CA does not add stupid colours to the units like in RTW. One example would be the Gauls Swordsmen, they have like a really really light green, and really, really bright red. I seriously they don't do that for any faction.

Adnan

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Oh yes we all remember the Pajama Parthians, the Blue man Sassanids, and the....well pretty much everyone else in BI. This time around though it seems they finally learned there bloody lession! 3D models and Willy Wonka colors do NOT MIX!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

And you have to notice how the funky colors always to go the Persian faction...I smell something fishy.

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein
    "All these places have their moments, with lovers and friends, I still can recall. Some are dead and some are living, in my life, I've loved them all." -The Beatles

They seem to be on the right track with most units, however I was a bit disappointed to see so much blue on the French units.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

Complaining about "faction colors" is rather lame. After all, if you don't like the skins..just replace them. It's not something vital, like AI, or diplomacy.

Tiro

Hear, hear!

Those colours were truly the most retarded I've seen in any uniform for an army (barring my Pink Panthers Space Marines Chapter). I'd ruddy revolt if I were issued those. No wonder those parthian infantry were rubbish. Low morale and all

Well youve all seen the screens so what do you think?

i think they look great, no colour has been out of order IMO!

Well, if they try to do it right in the first place, there is no need for modders to step it. And doing it right should not be too difficult. So I would prefer correcter units at the start in the vanilla game. I never played the Sassanids due to their ugly colouring. Same goes for Berbers.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Absolutely. Well said Boudicca! What were they thinking with those neon death-match colour Sassanids? They looked as if CA had just taken Pontus' skins, switched a couple of features about and then given the colours an eye-burning quality. Wait a minute... That's probably what CA did do.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimius Severus
    And you have to notice how the funky colors always to go the Persian faction...I smell something fishy.
    Agreed, what exactly is it that CA have agianst Iran?

Tostig's Avatar -

A (c)overt political agenda?

What, you thing I'm paranoid just because I think CA made faction colour choices with an ulterior, political motive? Look at the evidence, the true protectors of England (But not Scotland and Ireland) are blue in BI!

*returns to the nice padded room.*
    Last edited by Tostig; March 22, 2006 at 10:53 AM.
    Garbarsardar has been a dapper chap.

Scarlett Letterman's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca
    Well, if they try to do it right in the first place, there is no need for modders to step it. And doing it right should not be too difficult. So I would prefer correcter units at the start in the vanilla game. I never played the Sassanids due to their ugly colouring. Same goes for Berbers.
    Modders will step in regardless with their own skins. RTR will still find a way to make the skins even more accurate. So yeah its nice their skins are more accurate but it was never really a big concern anyway.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I have a question, why my Spanish warlord in RTW is Blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

You know they will. Look at those turks, they all have the same light green panties on
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987
    I have a question, why my Spanish warlord in RTW is Blue?
    The same reason the Hunnic Walord in BI is all messed up. Lazyness.

The colors of the units shown so far seem pretty good, not too bright. You guys think we will see the return of the green arrows?

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Pft, even if we do, a short visit to the Preferences can change all that...but how I would pity the lay people that buy the game.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by the celt
    The same reason the Hunnic Walord in BI is all messed up. Lazyness.
    Actually its fixed in last BI patch.
    But there is several dozen of other units in BI with similar problems.
    Look Bug-Fixer change list and you'll get idea.
    Last edited by player1; March 26, 2006 at 05:29 PM.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

The latest 3d unit has a very flashy purple

"Non, je n'ai point de réponse à faire à votre général que par la bouche de mes canons et de mes fusils."
    "No, I have no answer for your general than by the mouths of my canons and rifles,"

-Louis de Buade de Frontenac, Governor of New France

Quote Originally Posted by Obershutze
    The latest 3d unit has a very flashy purple
    dose that really matter. The games skins look good and the modders will make them even better. I have nothing but high hops for this one.
    "There's Brave Men knocking at our gate, lets go kill them"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast