Page 62 of 437 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 8729

Thread: Name that Battle!

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Name that Battle!

Darth Shiznit's turn, it is Yellow sea. Someone rep Darth for me please.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Alright, no lookin at the darn save or going to the water print website, this one should be easy enough anywhow.

Hmm. Can't be Texas Revolution thanks to the Stars and Stripes in the background. Probably Civil War. Must go and check my books about Texan regiments.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein

It is most definetly the Civil War yes.

Patrician

It is the Battle of Glorieta, the background gives it away (image above) and the fact that it is one of the few important Texas battles of the Civil War. This one though happened in New Mexico.
    I was actually gonna refrain from answering but seeing as how it's been a whole day and no one answered then why not.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

God job! The background is what was supposed to give it away, not many civil war battles fought against that kind of back drop lol. I guess the ranch also gave it away. +rep my good sir.

Patrician

Battle of San Jacinto The decisive battle of the Texan Revolution that involved the capturing of Santa Anna the day after the battle.

Same battle in both pics. Basically the single most important battle of all time. Ever. This one should actually be difficult. It's the 1700's and the guys are getting shot at as the attempt to cross.
    Last edited by DarthShizNit; March 18, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post

Same battle in both pics. Basically the single most important battle of all time. Ever. This one might actually be difficult.
    could you wait for confirmation of poster before posting new one
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    could you wait for confirmation of poster before posting new one
    He repped me already, I waited almost 6 hours after he repped before I posted. Either he forgot or he got distracted to give official confirmation.

Here is your confirmation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Th...nto_(1895).jpg

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

okay, fair enough
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Yeah, sorry for the kerrfuffle.

Patrician

Oh snap, sorry about that. I don't want to guess since it feels like I'm ruining for everyone else but I will say that it is most likely the Seven Years War.

Battle of Minden?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

put a new one! and dont be so fast this time

Lol because this battle is randomly obscure that ONLY someone on the internet would know I shall give more hints. It is the American Revolutionary war and the year is 1776. And those are highlanders in the picture.

Patrician

I knew it was in America, but I was debating whether it was the American Revolution or the French and Indian Wars.

I know what battle it is but I'll wait to see if anyone gets it by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 18, 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Battle of Brandywine Creek? Or Moors Creek?
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

If by Moors Creek you mean MoorE's Creek then yes, congratz . Not everyday you get claymore wielding sctosmen charging across a noneistent bridge
    +rep