Page 61 of 437 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 8729

Thread: Name that Battle!

Default Re: Name that Battle!

The 2nd never saw combat as far as I was aware. The 5th Tank Group is the only tank unit in italy that would have used black soldiers, but they were attached to the aformentioned 92nd. So all in all I'm stumped, the 93rd was in the Pacific at this time so if it's not the 92nd then I look foreward to learning something new about history

Nope, not the 2nd armoured division, and it isnt the 92nd as well
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Cassino? Salerno? Napoli?

Nope, not any of them, if you guys want i'll give some tips.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

It's the brazilian expeditionary force in Italy, WW2.
    Last edited by Condestável; March 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Yep, its the liberation of Massarosa by the FEB in September 1944, your turn mate.

Portugal x Ottomans? Thats all i can tell

It's between them, but the answer is still a bit vague. It's commonly credited on books was one of the battles that "changed" History.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That is either Muscat in the Gulf of Oman, but the city in the back suggests that it is the Portuguese victory at Diu, India.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    that it is the Portuguese victory at Diu, India.
    Yes. +rep!

Patrician

Yay rep!
    Anyone can go next.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Yay rep!
    Anyone can go next.
    Can´t give you rep again for now

Patrician

But I just got rep though...

I gave it to you since Condestável coudnt

Patrician

Thanks guy!

quite easy, don't look at the save name cause the new forums won't let me change it for some reason.

Tsushima comes to my mind.

Patrician

No but damn close.

Ulsan? Yellow Sea?

Quite sure it's Yellow Sea.
    “No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” ― Elie Wiesel
    "No nationality or race is preferred over another in any way in the Eyes of the Almighty" - Mufti Ismail Menk
    “What's unnatural is homophobia. Homo sapiens is the only species in all of nature that responds with hate to homosexuality.” ― Alex Sanchez
    “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
    “Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” ― Albert Einstein