Thread: The Winds of Dhar (A Dark Elves Fan Fiction)

The_Historian's Avatar Foederatus

Default The Winds of Dhar (A Dark Elves Fan Fiction)

As a way to show my gratitude for the amount of work gone into making this awesome mod, I have taken up writing as a hobby. I will now (hopefully) post continuations every Thursday. And excuse any unfluffy parts, I am not that well versed in Fantasy lore, help would be appreciated. And do pay my blog (refer to my signature) a visit.

I prefer to not use screenshots, although I am sure I will post some sooner or later.

And if anyone here has a request, just PM them over to be and I'll see what I can do

Be kind, this is my first piece ENJOY

The wind was howling ferociously, the moon obscured by the thick black clouds caused the earth beneath to be plunged in complete and utter darkness. Thunder could be hear from the distance. Rain will pour down soon, the sky will weep for the coming massacre. Under the cover of night they stood unmoving and unseen. They awaited for the signal. They awaited for the bloodbath. Behind the gates of the doomed Empire city was the Druchii host. The guards patrolling the walls were unable to see through the veil of darkness. They waited.

At the forefront of the host stood the Sorceress. A beautiful and pale figure that was barely clothed. Her loincloth billowing softly as she teased the winds of magic. She seductively urged them to her will. She stood with her staff held in her left hand while the right was waving intricate pattern as it guided the winds to do her bidding. Her lips parted as if she was about to speak, instead the gate exploded as the Sorceress’s spell did its work. The unlucky guards that stood behind the gates were shredded into bloody pieces of meat and gore as pieces of debris crashed into them.

As soon as the explosion occurred the flanks of the city were covered in an even darker carpet of darkness. The Shades that were lying in wait shot their crossbow bolts at once and any that was not in the safety of cover was killed by their deadly precise aim. The defenders on the wall barely stood a chance against the accuracy of the Druchii. Moments after the hail of bolts ended, the raid begun.
    The beautiful Brides of Khaine weaved with lethal grace, slaughtering whoever that stood in their way. Next came the Executioners of Har Ganeth; some of the most deadly warriors the Druchii had to offer. They finished off what was left once the Witch Elves finished their dance. Finally came in the Druchii Warriors. They came and took everything of value; gold, art, weaponry, gems and humans. They spared no mercy, those that would not comply would either be killed on the spot or saved for other, more painful forms of torture or entertainment.

The city guards and the local militia did not even prove to be a challenge. They were easily cut down under the lithe and elegant Druchii. All that opposed them were slaughtered and the rest was thrown into inhumane cages to be sent back as gifts to the Druchii Overseer. Screams and wails of anguish echoed in the dying city. Wives became widows and children became orphans. It was music to the Druchii’s ears. The reveled in causing pain and suffering. The enjoyed the pain that they inflicted on their enemies.
    Once the city was completely sacked, the Sorceress, aided by two of her apprentices cast a spell that lighted the entire city in brilliant blue flame; the fire slowly eating away at the structures that it touched. The Druchii went as quickly as they came, they left no traces of them ever being there. The cages were carried by dark steeds that had eyes of fire and clothed in dark armor and purple silk.

They marched, eager for their next victims; impatient for more sacrifices. They left, leaving the dead husk of a once glorious city in ruins.

The Shades broke off from the Druchii host to send the new slaves back to their camp. Their absence will be sorely missed. Without their razor sharp sense the host is now slightly more vulnerable than before. Yet, with the Sorceress they are invincible. Ahanna Dharrex will lead the Druchii to glorious and bloody victory. She will be responsible for numerous death spread throughout the Empire. She will be know as the “Bane of Light”.

She was wearing a cloak of glittering black; the hood pulled over her head hid her face from view. Underneath the cloak, was a skin-tight body armor; the elven armor clinging themselves against the beautiful form of the Sorceress. She walked with unnatural grace as she held her staff in her right hand. Beside her was the Druchii commander, Lord Vadek the Murderer; renowned for the murder of his Asuryan brother, Laurenol. Because of that incident he was banished from the Asur society; forced to seek shelter he turned to the Drushii who accepted him with open arms.

‘A beautiful night, is it not, Lady Ahanna?’ he casually asked her; his mane of black hair softly billowing against the gentle wind. His armor was glinting stunningly as the light from the moon hit it.
    ‘Indeed…but I have no such reason to wonder on it. Khaine demands blood. He demands more sacrifices.’
    ‘It will come, Ahanna, I give you my word. By this time tomorrow we shall reach yet another unsuspecting Empire city. We shall fill the cages with slaves until it groans. Our Overseer will be most pleased.’

‘As will Malekeith.’ She felt a cold chill creeping up her spine as she said his name. the dreaded Witch-King of the Druchii, the one that no other can best save the Slann. He has perfected the art of magic; he bends the Winds of Magic as easily as breathing. Once has she witnessed the full fury of his might. It was an awesome sight to behold. Words are not meant to describe the sheer ferocity she felt as he bended the Winds.

‘Without a doubt, my lady. Now, excuse me, I have to ride with my Cold One before it strays off.’ He gave the Sorceress a curt nod before mounting on his steed. He took off with great speed towards the unknown, the rest of his retinue quickly matching his speed as they scouted the land for the city.

‘I sense a chill in the wind, brother.’ The Asur mage turned and looked at his companion. The White Wolf stood majestically tall, his familiar several steps ahead of him. Its head turned left and right; skimming the area for any threats, seeing none, it returned back to its master who petted it lovingly.

‘Chaos magic?’ he looked back curiously at his brother. He was not gifted with the unique sight his brother possessed. Yet his brother could not hope to match his elder’s melee prowess.

‘No, this seems less obvious. The wielder has much control of their powers. This has not been shown by the children of Chaos. The wielder clearly is well versed in the arts of magic.’

‘A disciple from the Colleges of Magic perhaps, brother Cirdale?’ he sent his familiar ahead of the two to scan the area ahead. The Emperial city should not be too far ahead.

‘The wielder could easily overpower me…no…this is not a mortal I sense. It is something far more sinister. Only time will reveal the mystery, brother Firrean. Now we must rest.’

‘Rest?’

‘We have marched for an entire week, brother. My body aches…’ he involuntarily massaged his left shoulder before rolling them. He was exhausted. An entire week of walking without rest has strained him. Although, the exact opposite could be said for Firrean, the walk seemed to have freshened him. He seemed even more revitalized since they started their journey.

**To be Continued**
    Aspiring Writer

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548621
    ^Whispers of Temptation.
    Written by yours truly

The_Historian's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: The Winds of Dhar (A Dark Elves Fan Fiction)

I gave you an entire regiment of the best I can offer and you bring me this?’ the dark figure of the Druchii overlord sat menacingly on his throne of obsidian. ‘You lost several dozens of the best in exchange for petty slaves?’ The vehemence in the overlord’s voice was terrifying even for the Druchii. His fiery red eyes glowed dreadfully. He eyed the sorceress and his general hungrily. His disappointment soon turned to rage. He bellowed incoherently and the two covered behind their overlord’s curses.

‘Forgive us Lord Halikh…we assumed-‘ the Druchii general was cut short by a lightning fast backhand from Halikh.
    ‘You assume nothing!’ the blow sent Vadek sprawling across the dark polished marble floor. The sorceress watched unflinchingly as her companion suffered. ‘I specifically ordered you to take your forces and raid the bastard Asurs! Your incompetence cause me the finest warriors I had in my army. You will pay the price.’ The terrible form of Halikh stood alarmingly close to the sorceress who in turn eyed the overlord unblinkingly.

‘Strike me and I will melt your innards and flay your skin.’ She openly challenged the overlord. As one, the overlord’s bodyguards seized the sorceress. She hissed a sentence in an ancient tongue and her would be captors were flung against the wall. ‘Do not touch me!’ Her hands crackled with black lightning as the winds of magic coursed through her. ‘I am a sorceress of Malekeith; you have no authority over my covenant with the Witch-King.’ The overlord backed away at the enraged female.

‘Forgive me, my lady. I never meant to-‘ Halikh fell to his knees as an unseen force was strangling the life out of him. He gasped wildly for breath as his life slowly seeped out of him. A quick flick of the sorceress’s hand and he was tossed aside as if he barely weighed a thing. Her choking spell slowly faded as she lost interest in her victim. He was wheezing badly as his lungs took in a large amount of air.

Ahanna walked casually beside the overlord. ‘Do not challenge me, fool. You cannot comprehend my abilities.’ She turned from the wheezing form of the once terrifying Druchii and gracefully descended from Halikh’s palace. She was later joined by half a dozen of Witch Elves before they quickly mounted their steeds. They quickly left the Druchii camp and began their journey to return to their convent.
    Aspiring Writer

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548621
    ^Whispers of Temptation.
    Written by yours truly

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Winds of Dhar (A Dark Elves Fan Fiction)

historian hope this isnt dead thumbs up, keep going !