Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Preview: Taksashila (Mauryan Satrapy)

speechless!

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Really? You really don't know?

Your one and only comment on this thread was not about this thread but rather making a claim which not only is flammatory, but is unsupported by the thread itself. I call troll - the only sad thing is, is that maybe you aren't even aware that you are trolling.

Foot
    Gees, didn't expect my question mark to get people going like this.. I apologize for my first comment. I am sorry for expressing my thoughts about this modification. And yes, I failed to understand that I was "trolling". It was not my intention to "troll". I apologize for that too, even though I was completely unaware of the fact that I was indeed doing so.

Cheers
    Music

Proud supporter of:

Broken Crescent |Third Age | LB2 Britanniae | The Last Kingdom

Outstanging work. I've been waiting for a playable Indian faction since my Seleucids rounded the Thar desert so long ago. I don't mind how long it takes you guys, even if it's after Rome Total War 2 and Shogun Total War 3, I will be loyally waiting until this mod is released.

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

very nice work.....incredible!

We would need about 1/2 as many provinces again to realistically represent the Indian Sub-Continent (which the Mauyran Empire controlled the majority of at our start date). Thats just not feasible. It is also not feasible to have a faction split (not even down the middle) and have half of it off map and non-existent, and the other half playable by the player. We think that that idea is ridiculous.

As for how we would deal with the mongols. How would we know? Thats not something we've thought about so I'm not going to give you and off-the-top-of-my-head answer. What kind of question is that?

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think that the most realistic way to represent a faction that doesn't even figure on the map and had thousands of interesting, internal but undeniably off-map struggles of its own to content with should be to have those few provinces that appear on the map to appear as rebels with several scripts to help reflect the power that is going on outside of our map. We don't think that making one huge differences to how the game represents provinces (by making the current larger than they actually are to represent people living off the map), economy (by making the economies of three provinces represent the entire economy of a single, large faction), politics (by making the capital, power-base and cultural home of a faction appear off-map), as a decent way of making a mod.

Foot
    Now, that just wasnt nice,

awesome work guys

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, absolutely incredifantabulous! Just goes to show that EBII is well worth waiting for! I'm gonna make my kids play this when I have them (in like 20 years ) It'll still be unlike anything else, and I really can't think of a better way to get people interested and learned in ancient history! I learned so much from EB1 and from the looks of things, EBII will be an even better representation of the ancient world - as epic, bloody and awesome as it was!
    The entire EB team is a credit to all historians, artists, scholars, pretty much all of humanity! This isn't just a game, it's one of the greatest educational tools there could ever be! Thank you so much, EB team, I really look forward to your next preview!

Looking Amazing! Really looking forward to this mod!

One Question : What culture will they have? I had though that one of the main reasons no faction was being created in Axum / Meroe was the lack of an additional culture slot....

Wouldn't a Mauryan Lite faction need to use an additional culture slot as well?
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; July 14, 2011 at 03:20 PM.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Fromg the .org:
    We didn't. They exist quite happily in the Eastern Culture slot, as while the Satrapy was part of the Mauryan Empire, the ruling class of this region had been more heavily affected by the culture of Baktria and the Persian Empire.

Foot

OK!

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Simply beautiful, watched the video after reading all the history and the whole context etc just blew me away. Seriously guys, for a series which, in its infancy, was centred around Rome and its wars, you have engaged so many more people with cultures and histories that we didn't know or maybe even care about. You are heroes, when this mod is eventually released, I would strongly suggest setting somewhere up to donate to....you people deserve some serious rewards for all the work you have put in over the past years.

Heroes, absolute heroes.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Faction Description
    and in the streets can be heard the strange tongues of Yavanas, Parasikas and other Mlecchas.
    Weren't the languages still very similar in this period?

Edit
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; December 10, 2017 at 06:47 AM.

Indian army
    Congratulations to EB team!

Take Greeks and fight against the big Indian army! The dream of Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Indeed absolute great work ...
    and it would beside all the gameplay mod efforts even more awesome if it would have the "up to date" graphic and details like in current STW2...
    Indeed. What would happen if the EB2 team gave the ETW Roma Victrix creators some units to see what they look like in the new engine?

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_obvious View Post
    Indeed. What would happen if the EB2 team gave the ETW Roma Victrix creators some units to see what they look like in the new engine?
    It's funny because the units of RS2 are highly detalied compared to ETW units

We should only allow TWC members to view previews no guests!!!

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Indefinitely Banned

When this mod is realeased Seluckos will be the new alxander

No, the Mauryan viceroy will claim the former lands of his western brethren.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

I'm pretty sure, Antiochus III will bring an army of 1546 and would be enough to defeat Roma

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

How on earth did you come up with that specific number?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Congrats on the latest preview.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator