Thread: Help With Photoshop CS5

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Default Help With Photoshop CS5

Just curious, is there an easy way to mirror an object to the opposite side of the canvas, so that it is symmetrical with a copy of itself? Say I have a Horizontal rectangle. I Have a red box in the bottom left, moved out a bit so the canvas clips it. I want to mirror it to the top right as a copy, so that the opposite corners look exactly the same. How can I do this if the origin is at the bottom left of the canvas?

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Help With Photoshop CS5

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Just curious, is there an easy way to mirror an object to the opposite side of the canvas, so that it is symmetrical with a copy of itself? Say I have a Horizontal rectangle. I Have a red box in the bottom left, moved out a bit so the canvas clips it. I want to mirror it to the top right as a copy, so that the opposite corners look exactly the same. How can I do this if the origin is at the bottom left of the canvas?
    go to Edit->Transform->Flip Horizontal

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Not what I am looking for. That simply flips it horizontally over its own center. I need it to mirror over the axis of the center of my workspace, flipping both ways.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Rotate 180º?