Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade Warband - A house divided-American civil war mod.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Mount&Blade Warband

That looks cool^^

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Made some screenshots of my small rebel band!

--------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

New version V0.1.1:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/download...ar+Mod+1.1.rar

author: poomtang
    OK folks, uploading the V1.1 right now should be an hour or so, then I'll post a link.
    Features-
    Fixed SP musket bug
    Henry repeater 16 shot rifle
    1860 Army Colt
    New music
    New load screens
    New uniforms
    New horses
    New hair and beards BRFs to remove medieval hair and beards
    New scenes (from 1755 check out the epic sieges you can have in the numerous wooden forts and trenches)
    Last edited by Ensis1410; July 28, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: Mount&Blade Warband - A house divided-American civil war mod.

will this mod mess up my ACW ?

Can I have both working?

Is it good ???
    Last edited by Primergy; July 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Railin's Avatar Tiro

Its for Mount and Blade Warband not a mod for Empire:Total war so to answer your question....NO.

My team has launched a 150 slots server in Europe today, it's not public yet, we want to test it properly before.

The name is : IVe_Beta_Civil_War, add it to your fav, I'll let you know when it's public, probably tomorrow.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Miles

A very good mod. Im in the 2nd south Carolina cav

We formed a "blue and the grey mod" regiment, its the 5th texas infantry "texas brigade". Any volunteers who would like to serve under my command??? :d
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Potus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We formed a "blue and the grey mod" regiment, its the 5th texas infantry "texas brigade". Any volunteers who would like to serve under my command??? :d

hehe Hinkel Hinkel Johny reb knew it was a mayyer of time you would make a reg
    I just got from a small line battle but djeez this community has a total different mentality then i'm used here!!
    not mastering the teamspeak thingy yet. (actually strugling with that sometimes)

I'm in a diffirent regiment again can't really find my place (lot of that gotta do with my lack of mastering that teamspeak) they say join there blablabla that port you get on a page and F$*% there is like a whole load of different channels from regiments its like a whole library. I hop from the one to the other. All the sudden i'm stuck in like 5 or 6 different channels all blabbing and yapping around cursing and swearing around

Yesterday (my first step into the world of ("organized") mount and blade warband (and that musket mod also)
    dont know who but somebody said there would be a line battle(mout and musket). So i was told to ask "Highlander" after about 15 mins searching in that TS found the guy. its apparently a scottish, and also he was swearing around couldn't understand 1 full sentence of what he was blabbing tbh, had a good laugh tough that scottish accent i listened a while longer to him he wasn't really answerring Q's he was more busy swearing

So then don't know how but somehow i got all the sudden thru steam i think (thats a mess right now cant seperate anybody in the friends list have to make that in order ). Anyway so apparently i joined the "7th marines from the 1st MEF expedition corps or force" for mount and musket "i suppose" (yeah got that right i think)

today
    because i had a bright and clever moment yesterday, i saved the adresses for some ts channels in a notepad file so now i can join their channel and they seem allright even got a small conv. with their general he took me to his "bunker" in ts cause some of his companions where a little bit disturbing. So i got a private session with the general what an honor ( thats the reg with that specops guy(not the genereal but a member of it) he knows you good he said) (or maybe i could be wrong again don't know who i spoke to i believe its that guy i don't know anyway there is a guy that knows you good

so there was a line battle today i managed again to join the teamspeak on the channel thats on the forum there i found the 20th maine ts and what the hell! there where actually some people present with the 20thME tag went ingame saw the regiments forming up (looks like the irish brigade is the biggest reg. atm (union side)
    then hell brooke loose on my pc TS steam : join our TS channel on 22nd....... Potus: ahm ok where?
    TS:here ts22nd.eu (or something) they all leave i'm all alone i go to that server can't find them..... i think they have other nicnames there(they don't really communicate thru steam its al ts here apparent

went
    ingame i see them also all leaving (same time on ts) i just spectate the battle at first butt in the end got with the 10thCT
    looks like they are forming a reg too so i join them to but we are with like 3 men so i have all the sudden again second doubts. but actually fought a fight we mainly lined up with the irish brigade and shot when they shot my first volleys our commanding officer sounds very young but i think he is good he knows what he is doing i guess, kinda off an hard ass sometimes, but hey "we're in the army ... now" he is very disciplined but thats good i imagine you have to have discipline when in a huge battle to get the line good btw that's also his name '''discipline'''

butt again i was in the 20thME but due lack of communications (probably mainly from my part)
    joined the 10thCT have secound doubts. In the training session it went good with the 20thME just shut up and listened to the orders altough not much happened but standing in line present aim fire etc.... and listen them blab around "shoot the developer of his horse or lets shoot the horse" but again now i joined the 10 th and not told the 20th yet i will look like a regimental whore in this community they'l probably hang you for that and maybe i want to stay in the 20th cuse you know the fame the two brothers in it, the little round top charge, fredericksburg,..... love that regiment.
    so we will see how that story will turn out

I can't even imagine how a huge battle is organized!
    it can't be that there are more then lets say 100? (cause battles are 100 against 100 wright?)
    on a single TS channel, and that all those commanding officers receive their orders from a general while there are dozen of regiment commanders blabbing at the same time and carry them out in order.l Ok its 1 thing to form a line, and shoot to another line at the same time but real tactics i doubt that that plays really good out on ts? It would be chaos on the battlefield i think. i could be wrong i don't know but i find it hard to believe tbh.

i would join your regiment cause i know i would get good help from your side but it is CONFEDERATE !!!!
    so no i'll pass that's a principal thing (and moral)
    butt for now i just will try to find my way on the ts thing and see how it will work out
    what i think is you gotta spend a lot of time in this game and make a lot off connections to get somewhere organized in this community of regiments and especialy ts if you wanna be in a regiment,
    that i dont always have ,i work too
    and now wanting to be in 2 regs. (M&m and civil war) will makes things even harder for me
    i bought an appartment and have a move coming in the comming time up so i will be offline for a week or so to get my stack in order so won't have a lot of time to play.

anyway 2 chaotic days on my pc thats a mess btw really gotta get a new one probably will buy one upcomming months then i have to fix everything again pfff again a day in the bin

anyway sorry for all this BS looks like a diary after reading it over but i had to get this of my chest its a whole new world opening up for me feel kinda old all the sudden a few years ago i was telling people how to fix things with games counter strike and stuff but now i realize i am a major noob at least not at empire shot a few rebs away with your mod already think more than half of my kills are rebs

again sry for this long read (if you even read it all )

but i wish the 5th Texas inf. part of the texas brigade good luck in their fight for southern independence whats next terry's texas rangers?

and that's being said by a union infantry soldier

to make up for the lost time i put some photos and info of you regiment here not that you need it but hey then at least you get to see something other then whining

The 5th Texas Infantry was organized in Richmond, Virginia on October 22, 1861. The independent companies of the Texas Infantry and Artillery that had traveled to Richmond, VA. were combined to form the 5th Texas regiment, also called, "The Bloody Fifth". Those companies were:
    Co. A - The Bayou City Guards, from Harris County
    Co. B - (No Company Name) from Colorado County
    Co. C - The Leon Hunters, from Leon County
    Co. D - The Waverly Confederates, from Waverly, Walker, and Montgomery Counties
    Co. E - The Dixie Blues, from Washington County
    Co. F - The Company Invincibles, from Washington, Jefferson, and Liberty Counties
    Co. G - Milam County Greys, from Milam County
    Co. H - Texas Polk Rifles, from Polk, Trinity, and Walker Counties
    Co. I - The Texas Aides, from Washington County
    Co. K - The Polk County Flying Artillery, from Polk and Liberty Counties

i know its from the 2nd Texas inf but read the article under the picture a preview of what to come for the 5th

http://ephemera.ning.com/photo/carte...ource=activity

THE END
    Last edited by Potus; August 02, 2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: wrong link

Yesterday I was going to join the 3PM LB. Opened the game, got on the server and turned on TS to the channel given in this forum. I wound up in a lobby (HM??) and was instantly hit with a panic attack at all the stuff. I tried to explain to the guy who drug me down a few channels I was there for an event on the ACW server. Thing is, there was a lot of activity with a lot of babblers and communication was very difficult and somehow I think I wound up as 1st_Conf_Cdt_zimmer1lb in the Stonewall Bde. I don't know "what" server they were on, but it wasn't on the ACW server as there were only a few players on that. So I just turned off TS and stayed on the ACW server for a short while. Seemed like they were also trying to recruit me for MM. Tried that a while ago, and it was a nightmare.

And this is a real problem for me. I have to load the game "first" and then open the server and then open TS. Otherwise all I get is fat, black, stuttering lines across my screen. So hopefully I won't find out the server needs a password, cause then I'll have to redo the process. For some reason M&B and TS are at odds on my computer.

I'll try and get together with you on the other planned events.

zimm out

Potus's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer1lb View Post
    Yesterday I was going to join the 3PM LB. Opened the game, got on the server and turned on TS to the channel given in this forum. I wound up in a lobby (HM??) and was instantly hit with a panic attack at all the stuff. I tried to explain to the guy who drug me down a few channels I was there for an event on the ACW server. Thing is, there was a lot of activity with a lot of babblers and communication was very difficult and somehow I think I wound up as 1st_Conf_Cdt_zimmer1lb in the Stonewall Bde. I don't know "what" server they were on, but it wasn't on the ACW server as there were only a few players on that. So I just turned off TS and stayed on the ACW server for a short while. Seemed like they were also trying to recruit me for MM. Tried that a while ago, and it was a nightmare.

And this is a real problem for me. I have to load the game "first" and then open the server and then open TS. Otherwise all I get is fat, black, stuttering lines across my screen. So hopefully I won't find out the server needs a password, cause then I'll have to redo the process. For some reason M&B and TS are at odds on my computer.

I'll try and get together with you on the other planned events.

zimm out
    I know exactly what you mean also wounded up in that HM channel figured out that at the bottom there are the civil war channels. but then to get something organized! dude, they keep switching channels all the time I CAN!T FOLLOW!! SLOW DOWN djeez "go 22nd guys in our channel" they are gone but goddamnit what lobby are you exactly in? !! then its "alright guys sorry but go to 34th see you there guys" like hell you see me!! F$^ù it !

they ask you to join something but they aren't always prepared to help you further sure ok download this and that whoohoo i got a new recruit but that's it you have to find a good soul willing to help you a little further but when you start asking (apparently) dumb questions the don't say it but they do "find it yourself".
    "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers"" that's what an old teacher always said to me

Anyway A nightmare you say, dude in hell they don't give you such a hard time
    Like i said i joined the 1st MEF 7th Marines for M&M (i have braincells enough left to figure out my way through 1stMEF TS ) did some training session with them but listening to the commands and drills is hard cause of the blabbing so you stand there like 10 to 15 mins doing nothing. in the end we trained a bit, went fine , could be better.

Noticed i'm not much appreciated there "some foreigner that doesnt speak english" , "what an R tard", "newb" "whats a potus?"" Well yeah! i'm an übernewb in this game! just playing it 3 days now and spend more time figuring out how this line battle thing works out and geting somewhere in TS. i'm not really a talker in ts, actually almost never speak (and indeed my spoken english could be better but i can make myself understandable. compared to others :s) but in the drills you do something wrong and they are immediately at your throat.
    just ignored all that didn't say a thing jsut tried to follow the drills.

afterward a line battle idon't know who the opponent was but we outnumbered them with 3 or 4 persons. I was told the reg wasn't complete currently but i stood in a 14headed line and 2 seven lines kneel advance etc... an fired some volleys actually got 2 kills very close range tough. after the battle back to training. we went into a hall with a podium and stuff and apparently it was a ceremony some guys were told to come forward drop the musket kneel and they got "knighted" i guess, by the general himself. and after receiving their award they get shot in the back by the captain one got a medal for exceptional bravery in combat.
    Then it was my turn and i got promoted to Private kinda weird at first sight but hey i'll go with the flow
    and was told that there will be a battle at Friday so i will attend that for sure my first big battle i'm exited
    so i guess the "retarded foreigner guy that doesn't speak English" will stay there for a while and just try to get to play some big battles

was about to do training with 10th CT but training canceled due to lack of players (good start )
    from the 20thME well don't know i think they were taken prisoner or something cause didn't heared from them anymore. i'm under the impression that the irish brigade and the 61st ohio are the 2 largest and the ones that actually train their ts channel is good filled.

while the confederate channel is just filled with dozens of rebs so they are training also for sure
    so i think the first real battle of this mod will be 1st bull run all over again and the union gets crushed
    looks like the confederates don't have any problems recruiting soldiers here. history tells us other things!!

i hope i get to play that first battle wouldn't miss it for the wordl!! so hope one of my regiments (still whoring 2 regiments ) will participate but they are so small :s!! forming a line with 3 kinda sucks :s

anyway we should get together and help each other out on how to get on that battlefield friday but your confederate? i can't do that really i can't but pm your steamname if you like

greetz potus

ps Hinkel nice package you gave them. the models from the b&g mod can't wait to see them ingame . Good luck commanding the 5th TX

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Ah Hinkel, if I had known that 5th Texas was a the B&G Brigade I would have joined, but I've pledged my bayonet to the Irish 69th

Faugh a Baullagh! (Though maybe I'll still join up if I get tired of my Colonel's F-bombs )

Also, I'm glad this mod FINALLY got a coder, it didn't have one until yesterday

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

69th... isn't that the regiment which now get's disbanded it's 90 days enlistment?

Content Emeritus

69th NYSV

I made a small video, which shows my first custom map for the mod!!!

Content Emeritus

Awesome map Hinkel, 69th should go against the 5th on it to break it in

That is, if the mod unscrews itself =/
    Last edited by 'Gunny; August 06, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Last edited by Ensis1410; August 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast