Thread: Steam

Default Steam

Ok so I bought Rome total war over steam. I downloaded this mod and put it where it should go, but when I try to start it up it says failed to find steam. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Default Re: Steam

This has been up here for a while can anyone tell me how to play this game with steam?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jakedasnake View Post
    This has been up here for a while can anyone tell me how to play this game with steam?
    You have to Extract the mod folder into the Rome Total War.

Then click on the link of the mod (NTW2).

If by chance you do from the original Rome Total War, it means you need to change the location / destination of the link (NTW2).

Well step one, install this into your steam rtw folder steam/steamapps/common/Rome total war gold. Bbnafter your installation make sure you jave a napolebin shortcut on your desktop. Then right click it, hit properties, and you should find a bunch of words that say target. On the target space go to the end of all the words and it say something like: show_err- Mod: Ntw2. (Note something like that)

Ten copy frOm showerr to the end then go to steam libraries. Right click Rome total war gold, click properties, than hit set launch option, then just paste what you have and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    Well step one, install this into your steam rtw folder steam/steamapps/common/Rome total war gold. Bbnafter your installation make sure you jave a napolebin shortcut on your desktop. Then right click it, hit properties, and you should find a bunch of words that say target. On the target space go to the end of all the words and it say something like: show_err- Mod: Ntw2. (Note something like that)

Ten copy frOm showerr to the end then go to steam libraries. Right click Rome total war gold, click properties, than hit set launch option, then just paste what you have and it should work.
    When you look at properties in the short cut, copy everything after .exe" then paste that in the launch options in steam. Then DO NOT use the shortcut to start the game. Start the game in steam. Works like a charm.