Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAGONDAWN Total War - Outdated 2011 Initial Preview

Rod The Viking's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: DRAGONBORN Total War - Initial Preview

Wow ... this looks incredibly promising. I wish I could offer some assistance, but I'm no modder.

I can however offer you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Hmm, well, we do play games and stuff....the units I do are generally quite smart looking, and very well colour co-ordinated too; they just don't have handbags, or lots of shoes...

Women should mod in the kitchen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nah, just messing with you, it's actually encouraging to see that modding is something practiced by all people people, regardless of race or sex

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Official soundtrack of Dragonborn is done. Nearly 160 different tracks.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Great job so far Squeaks, a truly epic preview. I would think with all the work you already have done that this site would give you a forum, maybe you just need to ask? Anyway, congrats and I wish you a bug free modding experience .
    Thanks Dedward! Well, it would be nice to have one...will ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rod The Viking View Post
    Wow ... this looks incredibly promising. I wish I could offer some assistance, but I'm no modder.

I can however offer you the best of luck in your endeavours.
    Thanks...just as important as someone lending a hand in modding, to be honest...good wishes are more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    Women should mod in the kitchen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nah, just messing with you, it's actually encouraging to see that modding is something practiced by all people people, regardless of race or sex
    Well, it's one hell of a story as to how I got drawn in, but, yes...know two women who do wonders here, and am glad to consider them friends :cheers: Not THAT unque then, but still special - women look at things in an entirely different perspective; myunits are quite different than a a man's are,m judging from what I see. Not better, not worse, just very different.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Official soundtrack of Dragonborn is done. Nearly 160 different tracks.

Just thought I'd chime in here, as it looks very intriguing, keep up the good work

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

This looks to be another awesome mod. I'll be watching this thread. I'm especially anxious to play as the Empire. (probably the East Empire, since it looks like they have the most powerful enemies)

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in here, as it looks very intriguing, keep up the good work
    Will do - this is a work of my li8few, not just a mod, and it will succeed; trust me, the whole team want this to happen. A few may come and go, but there is a core of us that don't give up and will see this to the end.

Ideally, we're planning a custom battle first, then will build to a seven faction historical campaign, then will do some other stuff, and move on to the full camapign release. This way, we all get to play a smaller, but awesome campaign halfway along. Aradan was very strongly supportive of the mini campaign, and I take his experience seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    This looks to be another awesome mod. I'll be watching this thread. I'm especially anxious to play as the Empire. (probably the East Empire, since it looks like they have the most powerful enemies)
    Yeh...the East EMpire is awesome - they are the richest faction, but are beset by enemies. They're defo a challenge, even with their money - BUT they probably have the best provincial troops; Atakash Angelbloods, Saladir Silver Lancers, DUinir Wardens, Hawk Riders from the Sea of Grass, Dalthrasian Pike, ANcillian pitdogs,Telmiori dudes (wait and see) a, Kai Losson Horse archers and lastly the Mayr Addat roster....lots of fun and veriety, but they potentially have enemies that will make it v hard.

Ashapur/Hanghaven, The Federation, WOlf Born, Bandit Kings, Naugiri (orcs), The SUn King, The CImrai...it goes on.

One of the best factions is Ilien, The Rose of War....I'm showing the absolute basic lore on her, then will show Beregon'ds AWESOME work. Sorry about any typos - new keyboard syndrome!

ILIEN BASIS

ILIEN was a General in charge of much of the constant warefare between the Western Federation and the Empire. Her victories were many and she never was routed from the field. A charismatic woman, she gathered her forces and won their hearts and adulation

The COuncil of Nine knew this, and decided she was a huge threat to them. Voting 9 in favour, the COuncil issued aroders to arrest her and bring her before them to 'answer questions'. SHe forbade her soldiers from preventing the arrest and they stood dumbfounded as she was led away.

The next day soldiers arrived to arrest key members of her staff, but this time, the army reacted - some amongst knew they would become the next batch of fanatics in the famous Penal Battalions.

IN Strongpoint, the Western capital, the Council tortured Ilien, gaining information that showed her nature was contrary tot he Federation's 'principles' and was inherently dangerous to keep alive.

Without any delay, they crucified Ilien on the walls of the huge fortress city. She would last longer than any had before her.

Meanwhile, her soldiers revolted upon news of her fate. The arrest of their remaining leaders had failed and panic had nearly set in, but the news of their beloved 'Rose of War' being crucified had welded them to an iron fury. They knew that some of the COuncil's new elites - Descati's Hounds - would come for them. Swiftly, the decision was made. 4000 men would march south to Strongpoint, whilst the remaining soldiers fortified their barracks further and prepared for the coming storm.

Marching in stolen unifroms, the 4000 reached Strongpoint. In a swift attack, they managed to take Ilien from the walls, and they fled north, screened by the 600 cavalry lancers they had brought.

On the march north they were attacked thrice. Each battle was won, but barely half of the rescue force remained in fighting capacity...at least 400 were wounded, some would die, and corpses littered the roads north.

The fortress barracks of Castlerock had been under sustained by a number of Descati's Hounds and regular Federation forces. Ilien's men arrived to see the walls burning and under assault. Like a falcon, they fell upon the rear of the attackers, and broke them, slaughtering nigh on all of them. ANy of Descati's brood were excuted, but the deluded Fedration prisoners were given leave to go or stay. Most stayed, swelling her ranks.

Ilien did not die. She has recovered, and seeks answer to their future; they were now penned in on all sides. WOuld the EMpire forgive her and welcome? This and other questions remain, as we watch the blossoming of the Rose of War.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Did I hear CUSTOM MUSIC?!?

This gets better and better!

Yep, you did legipoos!

TWMadman is providing us with a totally customized soundtract...I believe about 30 individual pieces for each culture...LOADS, and it is amazing.

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere else, but do you guys have any fan signatures available?

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

This looks to be AMAZING, wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and hope to play it soon!

Looks absolutely brilliant Squeaks! Well done to you and the rest of the team

can't wait to play it & looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with for the wolfborn units

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere else, but do you guys have any fan signatures available?
    'course! by Cedric

more will be done later

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    'course! by Cedric

more will be done later
    Thank you very much Sir.

Edit: I tried to use the sig's but keep getting this error message 'Your signature cannot be longer than 10000 characters including BB code markup.'

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by Rod The Viking; July 16, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post
    Yep, you did legipoos!

TWMadman is providing us with a totally customized soundtract...I believe about 30 individual pieces for each culture...LOADS, and it is amazing.
    The culture with the smaller number of tracks has 25 tracks, the culture with the bigger number has 35 tracks, most are about 30 indeed.

we have 7 different cultures

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Thank you very much Sir.

Edit: I tried to use the sig's but keep getting this error message 'Your signature cannot be longer than 10000 characters including BB code markup.'

honestly, I don't know, mate I tried and All of them work fine for me. Try one of the lesser ones, the 2nd or the 3rd?

and I think it meansd that there are too many characters, so may be you haven't removed your old one?

Ced has done a few, and a couple of peeps are working on more, but if you have a particular faction in mind, tell me and I will try to find some time to do one for you.

It didn't really enter my head that people might want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    This looks to be AMAZING, wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours and hope to play it soon!
    Keept he hope in reigns for now However, thanks for the enthusiasm; always welcome always kind.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Looks absolutely brilliant Squeaks! Well done to you and the rest of the team

can't wait to play it & looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with for the wolfborn units
    Auntie Mak!!

Thanks loads, coming from you that's very nice to hear - you have done 'one or two' things yourself that probably outclass us by miles...so thanks!

Hmm, Wolfborn...well, there are Bearwalkers (Uruskine) and wolfie ones (lupuskine), so they're to come...will show the bears soon actually, once I've finished the armour.

Thank you very much Sir.

Uhm. Not sure....will either do a sig for you, or I will host a nd fix the ones we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    The culture with the smaller number of tracks has 25 tracks, the culture with the bigger number has 35 tracks, most are about 30 indeed.

we have 7 different cultures
    Madman is exactly that: Mad. His musical abilities are rapturous; incredible, and will probably take the d/l size up by a fair bit, but it's well worht it...they're lovely.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Uhh so this is Dragonborn, looks great =)

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Philotas Scotia's Avatar Laetus

Wow is all I can say, I will absolutely be keeping an eye on this!

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    Uhh so this is Dragonborn, looks great =)
    Yup! thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philotas Scotia View Post
    Wow is all I can say, I will absolutely be keeping an eye on this!
    Well, there will be plenty of lore stuff shown, and units too