Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War (new preview and faction symbols in first post)

Nice. My biggest problem is getting pictures, i can only find Skyrim pics in the internet.
    I googled Oblivion, Oblivion Gate and Plane of Oblivion, try it

Nice! With your permission I'll use this. I'll add a faction symbol and the text. Where did you get the background image? It somehow reminds me of Oblivion planes, but they look different.
    Use it as you want. The background is from one pf the Plans of Oblivion, but I'm not sure which one. There's an Oblivion Gate behind the guy as well, but I couldnt make it more visible.
    Really liking that Sig.

Well done.
    Thanks mate
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Black Druid's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Thanks. Nords will be the next faction. Shall I use a Stormcloak type soldier, or a more fierce looking Nord?
    Stormcloak:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I know, it is actually a city guard, but storm cloaks have the same equipment

fierce:

I use GIMP. It's a very good semi-professional program. And it is free.

Nice! With your permission I'll use this. I'll add a faction symbol and the text. Where did you get the background image? It somehow reminds me of Oblivion planes, but they look different.

It is no problem if you have Skyrim pics. The only problem is the Dovahkiin, who doesn't appear in the mod. The Blade agent in my signature is from Skyrim. If you need other pictures just add Oblivion or Morrowind to the word you're looking for.
    You should definitely use the more fierce nord, if you could find one with a two handed sword or a two handed axe with be perfect. I'm using Illustrator and/or Paint.NET, i have some experience with Illustrator so ill try to came up with a couple more tests for signatures trying to follow your signature theme.

I've already done one with the stormcloak, but I'll also make a fiercer one.

Can you tell me, whether this looks good or not? The monitor I'm using atm is crap, so I can't tell if the soldier is only invisible for me or in general.

I've already done one with the stormcloak, but I'll also make a fiercer one.

Can you tell me, whether this looks good or not? The monitor I'm using atm is crap, so I can't tell if the soldier is only invisible for me or in general.
    Nice. Perhaps the Stormcloak is too dark.

better?

And as I oddly couldn't find a Nord with ax, I made a Summerset signature meanwhile. The fierce Skyrim sig will follow, as soon as I can take a screenshot.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Y u no use mine?

I'll use it. Don't get upset
    Give me 20 minutes and I add everything necessary.

better?

And as I oddly couldn't find a Nord with ax, I made a Summerset signature meanwhile. The fierce Skyrim sig will follow, as soon as I can take a screenshot.
    Yes.
    EDIT: What do you thing about adding the faction name to each faction signature?
    Last edited by Black Druid; January 01, 2012 at 06:03 AM.

Mhaedros, here's your sig

@Black Druid:
    Yes, I thought of that, but there's no place left. The mod title has to be in the signature, as long as it isn't as well known as e.g. Third Age. And something to represent the faction in a faction specific signature has to be as well. For this I chose the representing soldier. The space left is just big enough for a faction symbol. But if you'd come up with a layout allowing to addthe faction name, I'll probably use it.

Edit: I added the signatures to the op.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; January 01, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

lol, I was joking, but that looks really cool
    Last edited by Mhaedros; January 01, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

Mhaedros, here's your sig

@Black Druid:
    Yes, I thought of that, but there's no place left. The mod title has to be in the signature, as long as it isn't as well known as e.g. Third Age. And something to represent the faction in a faction specific signature has to be as well. For this I chose the representing soldier. The space left is just big enough for a faction symbol. But if you'd come up with a layout allowing to addthe faction name, I'll probably use it.

Edit: I added the signatures to the op.
    Do you have the images that you used for the signatures in separate(faction symbol, background, soldier.), if you have them i might try some experiences in Illustrator.

I'd just like to mention how much I love the "Blades" armor.

One of the most aesthetically pleasing armor sets I've seen in much of gaming.

Excessive complexity is rarely the way to go, it's simplistic in form but intricate in design, a common recipe for aesthetic success.

-

Vercassivelaunous;

Will there be use of "Event" Pop-Up in this game.

I think one of the most interesting part of the Total War series, that I always felt there wasn't enough of was the event factors.

The Invasion of the Mongol Horde, Crusades, Random Faction Splits, Mass Plagues.

They made the game far more challenging, as they added a factor you couldn't predict. There you were thinking your Eastern Borders were safe when a mass of mounted men caused you to reconsider how "clinched" your game was.

I think the beauty (and difference) of the Tamrielic Lore based Political Structure, is the presence of sudden change.

Emperor Uriel is assassinated by zealots, of all things, and it throws the world into utter chaos which it hasn't recovered from two centuries later.

@Black Druid: The faction symbols are taken from the preview picture (the one in the uppermost spoiler). The background is from this map with brightness -25 and contrast 25. I just cut out a fitting part of the map for every faction (Cyrodiil for Empire, Summerset for Summerset etc.). The soldiers are all from the internet. I'll send you the writing tomorrow (or rather later today )

@Giu: Yes, we will use such events. For example a war between the Aldmeri-Dominion and the Empire won't be a normal war. The loser will have to face serious consequences triggered by the event "the White-gold Concordate" or "the Crystal Concordate"(in case the Dominion looses) (which you can already guess, if you played Skyrim ). And if the war doesn't come by itself, there's an event causing certain war. But there will also be some other events causing trouble.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; January 01, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

@Black Druid: The faction symbols are taken from the preview picture (the one in the uppermost spoiler). The background is from this map with brightness -25 and contrast 25. I just cut out a fitting part of the map for every faction (Cyrodiil for Empire, Summerset for Summerset etc.). The soldiers are all from the internet. I'll send you the writing tomorrow (or rather later today )

@Giu: Yes, we will use such events. For example a war between the Aldmeri-Dominion and the Empire won't be a normal war. The loser will have to face serious consequences triggered by the event "the White-gold Concordate" or "the Crystal Concordate"(in case the Dominion looses) (which you can already guess, if you played Skyrim ). And if the war doesn't come by itself, there's an event causing certain war. But there will also be some other events causing trouble.
    Fantastic, I very much liked the presence of Events.

Thanks mate, when i got time(weekend) ill try doing some sigs just for fun and to keeping me from forgetting how to work in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

There's a new music preview in the op. All tracks are composed by Benoit Malis ([Ben]). Enjoy

Great tracks
    I like the main title and the Elsweyr tracks.

I'm liking those tracks.

Music really does set the tone.

Can't think of one game in enjoyed in my life that didn't have a decent soundtrack at the very least.

_

Resources;

Pretty Accurate Hammerfell Map.

Figured I'd post as many maps as I could find, in case they help.

-

Idea Wise;

Will there be an expansion on Diplomatic functions available in the game?

Meaning; other than those that are in your usual TW scenario.

Thanks for the map. I'll give it to our mapper at once
    But sadly, diplomatic functions can't be added, as far as I know. It is hardcoded.

I might have to reinstall Medieval total war just to play this mod! Well done and keep up the good work.