Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War (new preview and faction symbols in first post)

Do you need help with coding? EDU, EDB and such
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Help is always appreciated. I'll pm you.

Will there be permanent forts, like Greymoor in Whiterun?

There will be forts, but I don't know what kind of fort Greymoor is (I haven't found it yet, so please don't tell me about it ).

That's a nice idea,but what's the point of adding the Aldmeri Dominion and,at the same time,Summerset Isle and Valenwood,wich are the nations wich constitute the Dominion?
    A similar thing can be said with Cyrodiil,you putted the Empire and,at the same time,Titus Mede,is this supposed to simulate a civil war?
    Then also Morrowind.Morrowind was destroyed by the eruption of Red Mountain,even Vvardenfell itself is now either under the sea or just a giant Ashland,if Dunmers got a homeland now,that's Solstheim wich,with the influx of Dunmer refugees,will surely become Dunmer-ruled in few years.Without counting that the continental part of it is Argonian.
    A suggestion:put in The Rift,the Forsworn around Markath.I wonder how Hagraven witches would be against Nords and all the rest.
    Last edited by Altzek; December 07, 2011 at 07:23 PM.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

they should be small settlements greymoor is a large fort in skyrim

At the starting date there is no Aldmeri-Dominion. You will be able to restore it, but I think I wrote that in the preview, didn't I? In lore that only happened some decades after our starting date. It is like the Kalmar Union in the teutonic campaign, or the union of Aragon and Castille, which is already implemented in some mods.
    And yes, there is a civil war supposed to be, as it was in lore. Titus Mede I. conquered the Imperial City by military force.
    About Morrowind: Not "even" Vvardenfell was destroyed. Only Vvardenfell was destroyed, and its northernmost parts are still intact. Those parts still belong to Morrowind, as well as the isles in the north of Vvardenfell. Besides, we want the Argonians to invade after our mod starts. Morrowind will still hold the main land, but Blackmarsh is supposed to conquer them.
    The Forsworn only rebelled late in the fourth era, and they were not about to expand their kingdom. There will be some scripted unrest that forces those settlements to rebel, but there will be no faction. A simple rebel sub faction would do. Rebels do nothing, just sit in their settlements and don't conquer, as would the Forsworn.

Edit: It's kinda emberassing, but I really forgot to write something about the Aldmeri-Dominion. Fixed it.
    Last edited by vercassivelaunos; December 08, 2011 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    At the starting date there is no Aldmeri-Dominion. You will be able to restore it, but I think I wrote that in the preview, didn't I? In lore that only happened some decades after our starting date. It is like the Kalmar Union in the teutonic campaign, or the union of Aragon and Castille, which is already implemented in some mods.
    Will there be a restoration oft the Aldmeri-Dominion if the Altmer and Valenwood factions are controlled by the computer?

Yes. In that case the Dominion will be restored automatically, if Valenwood and Summerset are not at war and Summerset is still in posession of all starting provinces.

Just out of interest, have you guys looked into using units from other mods? (IB II, the last kingdom and TATW spring to mind)
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

We have an agreement with the Morrowind TW team. We can use their models when they release the mod. And I have looked through various fantasy mods such as Akthross and THERA. Our magical missiles are from Akthross, and we can use some models from THERA. There are also some other mods with valuable models, but they are all in developement. I'll ask those for permission, when they have a release.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by Gfowle View Post
    Just out of interest, have you guys looked into using units from other mods? (IB II, the last kingdom and TATW spring to mind)
    tlk for the nord units correct?

I dont see which TA models could be used unless youre considering their monster units

Hello, if you would need music for this mod (cause copyright and stuff on TES music or for some re-orchestration) im interrested by this mod, i love TES universe!

If you want hear what i do here is some of my music http://www.myspace.com/benoitmalis, kinda old actually i did progress since this time

And off course, if music you need, i would compose them in a TES spirit.
    Last edited by [Ben]; December 12, 2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Add text
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

I would love to have you in my team
    It would be great to have a musician. Music creates the great TES atmosphere, and the cover tracks are not many enough to cover all factions. Thanks for the offer!

Black Druid's Avatar Civis

This mod is going to be a beauty.

Quick questions: How many regions are you planning for the map? And if you are planing some sort of special units like werewolf's, or something like that?

Best of lucks for making this mod.

Great vercassivelaunos!

Glad to be in the team then, thank you,, i sent you a PM!
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

Hammerfell has 18 regions by now. Cyrodiil has 15. If we take something in between, we have 16 regions per province + about 15 for islands and such. That makes 10*16=160 regions. This is only an approximation, though.
    And yes, we want to have special units, especially for Elsweyr. They ride on tigers taller than 2 metres, and they also have a tiger-like unit which is not ridden. And they have units similar to normal cats.

Black Druid's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by vercassivelaunos View Post
    Hammerfell has 18 regions by now. Cyrodiil has 15. If we take something in between, we have 16 regions per province + about 15 for islands and such. That makes 10*16=160 regions. This is only an approximation, though.
    And yes, we want to have special units, especially for Elsweyr. They ride on tigers taller than 2 metres, and they also have a tiger-like unit which is not ridden. And they have units similar to normal cats.
    Nice. Thanks for the answer.

EDIT: is this thread the same mod? (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453791)
    Last edited by Black Druid; December 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

Marcvs Antonivs's Avatar Senator

Awesome, just awesome, can't wait to play it, simply awesome...
    Cassius: "Our men at arms have secured the city. We've received representatives from all the best elements. The senate is with us, the knights are with us."
    Brutus:"The pontifs, the urban cohorts, the lictors guild..."
    Antony: "Oh, the lictors guild, very good. Only rally the bakers and the flute players and you can put on a festival."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Druid View Post
    EDIT: is this thread the same mod? (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453791)
    No. I think that thread was only a suggestion, and Extradaemon started something different.