Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamriel: Total War (music preview in first post)

Default Re: Tamriel: Total War (new preview and faction symbols in first post)

Are you planning on doing Skyrim/Morrowind style Legion or Oblivion style Legion? Personally, I prefer the latter.

Edit: Oh and of course if you need any help with this mod just let me know. I'm not a modder, but i could certainly do some research for you. I so hope this mod does die.
    Last edited by CoolPotato; November 26, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Laetus

Please please don't let this mod fall apart! It's been such a dissapointment when all of the previous elder scrolls mods have died. And anyway, can you let me know when you'll release a beta for the mod or something like that. And if you need anyone to research anything just let me know

Quick lore issue i have. Titus Mede is still the ruler of the empire. The IC fell to the Aldemeri Dominion but titus mede and this remaining legion solders reclaimed it and reunited cyrodil, he's still the emperor and still rules all the legionaries outside of cyrodil.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolPotato View Post
    Are you planning on doing Skyrim/Morrowind style Legion or Oblivion style Legion? Personally, I prefer the latter.

Edit: Oh and of course if you need any help with this mod just let me know. I'm not a modder, but i could certainly do some research for you. I so hope this mod does die.
    We had the idea to make an AoR system. If the Empire holds provinces in Morrowind, they can recruit Morrowind style legions. In Cyrodiil they can recruit Oblivion style legions and about Skyrim I'm not sure. We'll have to look if they are only used in Skyrim or also in other provinces.

Quick lore issue i have. Titus Mede is still the ruler of the empire. The IC fell to the Aldemeri Dominion but titus mede and this remaining legion solders reclaimed it and reunited cyrodil, he's still the emperor and still rules all the legionaries outside of cyrodil.
    The mod takes place few years after the Oblivion crisis. He is not yet the ruler of the Empire, and the Aldmeri-Dominion is not yet reformed (though you can do so).

Awesome! Just one question, is that gonna be the final version of the map?
    Cause ya's haven't massaged the coasts , and personally the terrain looks to flat for me

what year in the 4E are you starting with? Just before the Great War?

I think, it will be great if game will start just before the Great War, but it will start after Red Year for now.
    We are watching you, scum!

All latest news about Morrowind: Total War only in OUR FORUM
    Morrowind Total War on ModDB

The map is not final. The coasts will follow at the end, and the heights are also not finished.
    The start date ought to be in 4 E4, but I just noticed that the Red Year was in 4 E40, when Mede is already Emperor, and the Aldmeri-Dominion is already reformed. The whole setting has to be reconsidered.
    Maybe the years just before the Great War would be really better as a start date.

Miede in 4E4 not emperor yet.
    Timeline of Fourth Era

Sorry, I wrote 4 E40, but I meant 40 E4. There he already is emperor, and that's why we have to reconsider the setting to a later start date, just as you wanted it, didn't you?

4E 40 - why? It's time of Umbriel, the Infernal City, how you can realize it?

I did not say that this will be the start date. I only said that the Red Year was 4E 40, which means that we have to start there or later. Anyway, the Infernal City wouldn't be much of a problem. It would be an army of undead(there are many mods with undead, so it wouldn't be much of a problem to get the models) with a new stratmodel looking like Umbriel and with scripted actions, so it won't split into more armies and attack exactly the places it ought to according to lore. The armies of that "faction" could simply be named "Umbriel" instead of "Army of whatever".
    Besides, the start date can be set after Umbriel, if necessary. Though this would mean to cease any challenge from the Argonian faction, as they would already posess most of Morrowind.

Red Year - ~4E 6 (I think 4E 4 before). Look the timeline from TIL that I post here.

This link says that it was E4 40. Which one is to be trusted more in your opinion?

TIL ofc. UESP - good site, but it specialized on ingame-information. TIL - main lore-base in the Web.

Thanks

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Will there be fighters guild, thieves guild, mages guild etc? Or something like mercenary companies/guilds? Any chance for Cammona Tong to be included somehow? Or would you include the Morag Tong for Morrowind? I dont know any guilds from other parts of Tamriel so Im just asking based on what I know, but Im sure there would be other guilds in other countries too, so how is that going to be?

When can we expect another preview?

Nice mod, I am looking forward to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Will there be fighters guild, thieves guild, mages guild etc? Or something like mercenary companies/guilds? Any chance for Cammona Tong to be included somehow? Or would you include the Morag Tong for Morrowind? I dont know any guilds from other parts of Tamriel so Im just asking based on what I know, but Im sure there would be other guilds in other countries too, so how is that going to be?

When can we expect another preview?
    The Fighters' Guild and the Mages' Guild (separated into Synode and the College of Whisper) would be worth considering. No nation, however, would benefit of the Thieves' Guild and the Camonna Tong. The Morag Tong will be included.
    The next preview will follow when the visible parts of the mods progress. This means: map, interface and units (though we'll have to wait for them for a good time). But our mapper caught a virus and is unable to do anything unless it is wiped out, so it may take a while.

Will there be special retinues? Like artifacts such as chysamere and ebony mail and such?

Yes, there will